HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Application Form winodw is closed. Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission process is organised to offer LLB (Hons.) course. The candidates will be given admission based on academic merit, which will be prepared based on marks scored in 12th standard. The candidates willing to take admission in the B.A. LLB (Hons.) course offered by the University must fill the application form timely. The candidates must go through the complete article to know all about HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
The merit list will be released soon.
HPU B.A. LLB Admission Important Dates
The candidates seeking admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme at Himachal Pradesh Univesity are advised to submit the application fom in online mode on time. Candidates may check the schedule of HPU BA LLB entrance test 2020 from the table given below:
|Last date for submission of Online Application Form||30 June 2020|
|Last date for correction/Updating of online application form||07 July 2020 05 August 2020|
|Date of Interview/Counseling||will be announced soon|
|Merit List to be displayed on||will be announced soon|
|Last date to submit Fee and Other Charges||will be announced soon|
|Last date of admission against the vacant/Vacated Seat (if any)||will be announced soon|
HPU B.A. LLB Counselling 2020
Admission to the course will be made strictly on academic merit, based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
- The list of the merit to this course will be prepared by University Institute of Legal Studies, H.P.University, Ava-Lodge Campus, Chaura-Maidan, Shimla after conducting an interview and the final list of Merit will be displayed on the notice Board of the Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies.
- The applicant will be required to pay the fee and other charges as per fee structure of this Institute, failing up which their right to admission will stand cancelled and the seat will be allotted to the aspirant next in order of merit.
- The admission fee is to be deposited online from any bank in India or outside to the below-given bank details:
Indian Bank, Chaura
Maidan, Shimla-171004. The Account Number and IFSC Code are as under:
Account No. : 907696676
IFSC Code : IDIB000C132
Note: The deposition of the fee through online mode is compulsory that the name of depositor will be that of the Candidate or the Father of the candidate. Once the fee has been deposited by the candidate in the Bank they will immediately inform the institute telephonically. Thereafter the Institute, after confirmation from the Bank, will inform the candidates about their admission in the Institute.
- The fee once deposited will not be refunded underneath any circumstances.
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Tie Breaker Rule
The following formulae will be adopted to resolve a tie for admission:
(1) In case of a tie, the candidate having higher aggregate marks in matriculation examination will be admitted first.
(2) Further, if the tie is still not resolved the candidate older in age will be admitted first.
HPU BA LLB Course Duration & Scheme
Duration of the BA LLB course is five years which includes 60 papers in ten semesters. Each paper is of 100 marks in which 70 marks are assigned for End Semester Exam and the rest 30 marks will be assigned on the basis of Continuous Internal Assessment. Various components affecting the candidate's score in Internal Assessment for Core/Elective Courses are:
HPU BA LLB Internal Marks Distribution
|For Law Courses||Marks||For Social Science Courses||Marks|
|Minor Test||10||Minor Test||10|
|Moot Court||10||Project/Written Assignment||10|
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Application Form
HPU B.A LLB Admission 2020 application form will be made available on the official website of the University.
- Application form for HPU BA LLB entrance test 2020 will be released by Himachal Pradesh University tentatively from Second week of May 2020.
- The registration form will be available in the online mode only.
- Before filling up the online application form applicant kindly ensure that they fulfil the eligibility norms as to avoid rejection.
- The incomplete application form will lead to rejection.
- A candidate is advised to take the printout of the application form for further process.
How to Apply?
The steps to apply online for HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) 2020 admission has been given below.
- Step-1 Visit the official website and click on the UG Courses, where you will get the link for BA LLB (H) 2020, click on that link.
- Step-2 At first you need to fill the personal details i.e. name , father’s name, mobile no, etc
- Step-3 In the next step you need to fill the educational and documents details.
- Step-4 In this step you get the application summary details and after that you need to proceed further.
- Step-5 Now, you have to make the final payment and submit the application form at the end
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check their HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 eligibility criteria before applying for Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission. The Eligibility Criteria for the admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme is as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for HPU B.A. LLB 2020
|Category||Minimum Marks in 10+2||Age Limit as on 1st July 2020|
|Physically Disabled||50% (Gen), 45% (SC/ST)||25 (Gen), 27 (SC/ST)|
The Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor must have the power to relax the age condition up to a maximum period of 6 months.
NOTE: The candidate who has obtained their 10+2/equivalent through Open Universities system directly while not having any basic qualification such candidate don't seem to be eligible for admission within the Law Courses.
Given below the reservation criteria for different category candidates:
|Himachal Pradesh Domicile||75%|
|Other than Himachal Pradesh Domicile||25%|
|SC of Himachal Pradesh||15%|
|ST of Himachal Pradesh||7.5%|
|PWD of Himachal Pradesh |
- 40% disability to be
certified by the competent authority.
- Two seats will be reserved for Single Girl Child candidate.
- Two seats will be reserved for J&K Migrants.
- Three seats will be reserved under non subsidized category for University Wards as notified vide Notification no.5-1/88- HPU (Genl)-Part-5 Dated 28th August 2012.
- Total Number of Seats = 120
- Number of Subsidized Seats = 75
- Number of Non- Subsidized Seats = 45
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020 Highlights
Given below the vital points about HPU B.A LLB Admission 2020.
|Exam name||HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2020(Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission)|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh University|
HPU Official Website
|Purpose of exam||To offer admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) course|
Himachal Pradesh University
The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla came into existence in July, 1970 through Himachal Pradesh University Act, 1970. Though it does encompass the challenges and limitation of hill University, it nevertheless stands apart from the rest in academic accomplishments. It has a beautiful campus spread over 200 acres. The University is surrounded by a panoramic view of nature having snow laden mountains, thick deep forests growing oak, pine and soul winning deodar trees. The University is one of the leading affiliating – cum- residential Universities in India, catering to the needs of more than 1.50 lac student.