HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 which is also known as the Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission process is organized to offer LLB (Hons.) course. The candidates will be given admission based on academic merit, which will be prepared based on marks scored in the 12th standard. The candidates must go through the complete article to know all about HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
HPU B.A. LLB 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the details regarding the HPU BA LLB 2022 which is mentioned below:
|Application status||The official notification is not announced yet|
HPU B.A. LLB 2022 Admission Dates
The candidates seeking admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme at Himachal Pradesh Univesity is advised to submit the application form in online mode on time. Candidates may check the schedule of HPU BA LLB entrance test 2022 from the table given below:
HPU BA LLB Admission Important Dates
|Availability of Application form||May 2022|
|Last date to fill the Application form|
|Date of Interview/Counseling||August 2022|
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 Application Form
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 application form will be made available on the official website of the University.
- The application form for HPU BA LLB entrance test 2022 will be released by Himachal Pradesh University.
- The registration form will be available in the online mode only.
- Before filling up the online application form applicant kindly ensure that they fulfil the eligibility norms as to avoid rejection.
- The incomplete application form will lead to rejection.
- A candidate is advised to take the printout of the application form for further process.
How to Apply?
The steps to apply online for HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) 2022 admission has been given below.
- Step-1 Visit the official website and click on the UG Courses, where you will get the link for BA LLB (H) 2022, click on that link.
- Step-2 At first you need to fill in the personal details i.e. name, father’s name, mobile no, etc
- Step-3 In the next step you need to fill the educational and documents details.
- Step-4 In this step you get the application summary details and after that, you need to proceed further.
- Step-5 Now, you have to make the final payment and submit the application form at the end
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check their HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 eligibility criteria before applying for Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission. The Eligibility Criteria for admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) The programme is as follows:
Eligibility Criteria for HPU B.A. LLB 2022
|Category||Minimum Marks in 10+2||Age Limit as on 1st July 2022|
|Physically Disabled||50% (Gen), 45% (SC/ST)||25 (Gen), 27 (SC/ST)|
The Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor must have the power to relax the age condition up to a maximum period of 6 months.
NOTE: The candidate who has obtained their 10+2/equivalent through Open Universities system directly while not having any basic qualification such candidate don't seem to be eligible for admission within the Law Courses.
HPU B.A. LLB Counselling 2022
Admission to the course will be made strictly on academic merit, based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
- The list of the merit to this course will be prepared by the University Institute of Legal Studies, H.P.University, Ava-Lodge Campus, Chaura-Maidan, Shimla after conducting an interview and the final list of Merit will be displayed on the notice Board of the Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies.
- The applicant will be required to pay the fee and other charges as per the fee structure of this Institute, failing up which their right to admission will stand cancelled and the seat will be allotted to the aspirant next in order of merit.
- The admission fee is to be deposited online from any bank in India or outside to the below-given bank details:
Indian Bank, Chaura
Maidan, Shimla-171004. The Account Number and IFSC Code are as under:
Account No. : 907696676
IFSC Code : IDIB000C132
Note: The deposition of the fee through online mode is compulsory that the name of the depositor will be that of the Candidate or the Father of the candidate. Once the fee has been deposited by the candidate in the Bank they will immediately inform the institute telephonically. Thereafter the Institute, after confirmation from the Bank, will inform the candidates about their admission in the Institute.
- The fee once deposited will not be refunded under any circumstances.
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 Tie Breaker Rule
The following formulae will be adopted to resolve a tie for admission:
(1) In case of a tie, the candidate having higher aggregate marks in the matriculation examination will be admitted first.
(2) Further, if the tie is still not resolved the candidate older in age will be admitted first.
HPU BA LLB Course 2022 Duration & Scheme
The duration of the BA LLB course is five years which includes 60 papers in ten semesters. Each paper is of 100 marks in which 70 marks are assigned for the End Semester Exam and the rest 30 marks will be assigned on the basis of Continuous Internal Assessment. Various components affecting the candidate's score in Internal Assessment for Core/Elective Courses are:
HPU BA LLB Internal Marks Distribution
|For Law Courses||Marks||For Social Science Courses||Marks|
|Minor Test||10||Minor Test||10|
|Moot Court||10||Project/Written Assignment||10|
Given below the reservation criteria for different category candidates:
|Himachal Pradesh Domicile||75%|
|Other than Himachal Pradesh Domicile||25%|
|SC of Himachal Pradesh||15%|
|ST of Himachal Pradesh||7.5%|
|PWD of Himachal Pradesh |
- 40% disability to be
certified by the competent authority.
- Two seats will be reserved for Single Girl Child candidate.
- Two seats will be reserved for J&K Migrants.
- Three seats will be reserved under non subsidized category for University Wards as notified vide Notification no.5-1/88- HPU (Genl)-Part-5 Dated 28th August 2012.
- Total Number of Seats = 120
- Number of Subsidized Seats = 75
- Number of Non- Subsidized Seats = 45
Download HPU BA L.L.B 2021-22 Prospectus PDF
HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 Highlights
Given below the vital points about HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022.
|Exam name||HPU B.A. LLB Admission 2022 (Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (Hons) Admission)|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh University|
HPU Official Website
|Purpose of exam||To offer admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) course|
Himachal Pradesh University
The Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla came into existence in July 1970 through Himachal Pradesh University Act, 1970. Though it does encompass the challenges and limitation of hill University, it nevertheless stands apart from the rest in academic accomplishments. It has a beautiful campus spread over 200 acres. The University is surrounded by a panoramic view of nature having snow-laden mountains, thick deep forests growing oak, pine and soul-winning deodar trees. The University is one of the leading affiliating – cum- residential Universities in India, catering to the needs of more than 1.50 lac student.