IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern is determined by National Testing Agency. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade MBA Admission Test 2021 exam will be conducted by NTA in first week of December 2020. IIFT Entrance is a National-Level Entrance exam conducted Annually and offer admission in MBA course to both General/Reserved Category candidates and Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidate. Candidates can go through the complete article to know more about IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern.
IIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
For more Important details viz; Dates, Mode of Examination, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Schedule of Examination, IIFT 2021 aspirants are advised to go through the article thoroughly.
Mode of Examination
Online (Computer Based Examination)
Duration of Examination
02 hours (120 Minutes)
(10:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
Medium of examination
Marks per Question
IIFT 2021 Marking Scheme
Marking Scheme for different sections of IIFT 2021 Question paper is shown in the table below:
IIFT 2021 Question Distribution
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Awareness||25|
- Negative Marking: (-1/3) For an incorrect answer.
- Marks per question: 0.5 per question in General Knowledge & Current Affairs; 0.75 per question in Data Interpretation and 1 mark per question in for remaining of the sections.
Preparation Tips for IIFT 2021
Preparation tips or strategy for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade 2021 entrance exam:
- Applicants must have a proper time-table, giving an equal proportion of time to every Section.
- The candidates are advised to go through the previous year Question paper thoroughly.
- Some special tips regarding different sections of Question paper:
- Quantitative Ability & selected areas of Verbal ability are concept-bound, which means that the questions depend heavily on basic concepts. For example, a question emphasising a term like "cyclic quadrilateral" is virtually impossible to attempt unless the corresponding term is known. It is therefore recommended that you prepare the fundamental concepts of Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry & Modern Math in the Quantitative Ability sections thoroughly.
- To tackle the Verbal Ability section, aspirants have to focus on improving one's reading speed because the question paper typically features 3-4 Reading comprehensions. Also, they need to prepare the basics of grammar to spot an error in sentence correction questions. The practice is required to solve usage-based questions like an analogy, fill in the blanks etc. A good vocabulary is an asset while solving different kinds of vocabulary questions that feature in the entrance exam.
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning is practice-intensive, which states that familiarity respect to similar questions is a key determinant here. It is advisable to practice different Data Interpretation questions daily. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning section consists of a questions types like pie charts, bar graphs, data tables, line charts & combinations thereof, for the DI section. For Logical Reasoning sections, the candidate needs to practice questions based on arrangements, family trees, complex data situations etc.
- General Awareness is an environment-sensitive area which requires familiarity with both static and current segments of the environment. For static GK the candidates should focus on topics like history, geography, economics, political system etc. For current GK, you can refer to "The Hindu" newspaper editorial section (in the centre of newspaper) & different competitive Youtube channels.