IIFT 2021 or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade 2021 Admission test eligibility Criteria is set by the exam conducting body - National Testing Authority (NTA). It is the main conducting authority of IIFT 2021 MBA Admission Test. IIFT Entrance is a National-Level Entrance exam conducted Annually and offer admission in MBA course to both General/Reserved Category candidates and Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidate. The candidates must know all the information related to the eligibility criteria, before filling the application form. They should know either they are eligible or not, for the exam for which they are applying. Candidates can go through the article below for more information regarding IIFT Exam 2021 eligibility criteria.
IIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information regarding IIFT 2021 Eligibility criteria is provided in this section. The aspirants must note down, the Eligibility criteria are different for General/Reserved Category candidates and Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidate. They should check their eligibility before proceeding for IIFT 2021 Application Form.
The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match the IIFT 2021 eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for IIFT 2021 for the candidates belonging to different categories is explained below:
For General/Reserved Category Candidates
Eligibility criteria for General/Reserved Category candidates are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized Institutions/Universities with a minimum of 3 years duration in any disciplines with minimum 50% marks [45% in case of the aspirants coming from Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories]
- Aspirants appearing for a Final examination of there Graduation can also apply. But they had to submit proof of Qualification by 07 October 2019.
- There is no Age limit for General as well as Reserved Category candidates.
- Admission of the aspirants who join the programme on a provisional basis but fails to obtain the required percentage in the Bachelor’s degree examination will be automatically revoked forthwith. Such aspirants should immediately inform the Institute on the declaration of his/her results. Candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation will be acknowledged and their admission will be automatically withdrawn on 07 October 2019. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained.
Reservations For General/Reserved Category Candidates:
For admission to a participating institute, please see the reservations applicable in that particular institute. In case of institutes run by Central Government, Reservations for candidates belonging to different categories are specified in the table below:
|Categories||Reservation (in %)|
|General-EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||10%|
|OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
Important Note: No change in the category will be entertained after the last date of MBA (IB)-2021 application form and no subsequent changes will be effective after the declaration of MBA (IB) NTA Score 2021.
For Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates is enlisted below:
- Bachelor's degree from recognized Institutions/Universities with a minimum of 3 years duration in any disciplines and 50% aggregate.
- Aspirants appearing for a final examination of there Graduation can also apply. But they had to submit proof of Qualification by 07 October 2020 (tentatively).
- In order to qualify as an international candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT 2021 entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31 December 2020 (tentatively) and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31 December 2019.
- Foreign Nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign Nationals candidates who are present in India at the time of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade entrance exam are needed to take the same.
- The applicants should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) result (if appeared) at the time of admission.
- If the aspirants have appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT, etc., he /she is not eligible to apply. Applicants are required to provide undertaking for same.
- NRI-Sponsored Aspirants and Children of NRIs are not considered into this category.
Mode of Admission for Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates
- The admission of candidates under this category is on the basis of GMAT score and personal interview.
- Shortlisted aspirants would be required to undergo a Personal Interview at IIFT campus. Candidates called for this will have to make their own travel arrangements. In case they are not able to be physically present, they would be interviewed through Skype.