IIT JAM 2024 Result will be declared in March 2024 on the website official authority. Candidates can check their scores from the official website jam.iitr.ac.in through the candidate portal. IIT JAM 2024 scorecard will have the details about the candidate's scores in the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc entrance exam. For each test paper in JAM 2024, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam paper. The courses offered are M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, etc at the IITs and Integrated PhD Programmes at IISc. Check the other details regarding the IIT JAM 2024 result below in the article.
- IIT Guwahati will announce JAM 2024 results on March 22 at jam.iitg.ac.in.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati conducts the Joint Admission Test for Masters or JAM 2024.
- The results will be available on the official website, and candidates can check their scores using their login credentials.
- The answer key of JAM 2024 was released in February, and candidates were given the opportunity to raise objections from February 24 to 26.
- The JAM exam is conducted annually to shortlist candidates for admission into M.Sc., Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other postgraduate courses at IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
IIT JAM 2024 Result
The IIT JAM 2024 result date is 22 March 2024 on the official website. The detailed information for the JAM 2024 result is mentioned below:
- The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the aspirants in the entrance exam.
- The authority will not send the rank card to an individual via post.
- Rank card will be available on the official website.
- The Score Card and the rank obtained by the candidate will be available for download from 22 March 2024.
IIT JAM 2024 Result Dates
The candidates can check the JAM 2024 dates in the below table:
JAM 2024 Result Dates
|Result Declaration date||17 March 2024|
|JAM 2024 Exam ||13 February 2024|
Tie-Breaking for IIT JAM 2024
The tie-breaking criteria for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a priority.
- If the above criteria fail to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
How to Download the IIT JAM 2024 Result?
The aspirants can download the IIT JAM 2024 scorecard by following the below steps:
Step 2 - Click on the link given to check the JAM 2024 result.
Step 3 - Enter the login credentials which will be asked to get the scorecard.
Step 4 - After the result gets open the candidates can download the rank card.
IIT JAM 2024 Merit List
The details for the JAM merit list can be checked below in the given points:
- For each test paper, an All India Merit List will be prepared based on All India Rank.
- The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category(OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
Note- Please note that the number of category-wise (OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application.
IIT JAM 2024 Admission Process
Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2024 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the Academic Programmes available at IITs. The other details for the JAM 2024 exam can be checked below in the given points:
- After JAM 2024 results will be announced, a qualified candidate will have to apply ONLINE only using
the prescribed Admission Form is available at the JOAPS website, irrespective of IITs where the admission
- The Reserved category candidates must upload a valid OBC-NCL/EWS certificate issued after 31 March 2019 when they submit their application form for admission after the declaration of JAM 2024 results. The final seat allotment will be done based on the OBC-NCL/EWS certificate submitted along with the application form for admission. The candidate will be considered in the General category in case the OBC-NCL/EWS Certificate is invalid or not in the prescribed format or not uploaded within the specified time.
- The qualified candidate will have to submit Rs 600/- online through JOAPS after carefully choosing the order of programme preferences based on the ER and MEQ of the programmes at Admitting Institutes.