IIT JAM 2022 Result will be declared on 22 March 2022 on the website official authority. The scorecard will have the details about the candidate's scores in the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc entrance exam. For each test paper in JAM 2022, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on their performance in the entrance exam paper. The courses offered are M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc-PhD Dual Degree, etc at the IITs and Integrated PhD Programmes at IISc. Check the other details regarding the IIT JAM 2022 result below in the article.
IIT JAM 2022 Result
The IIT JAM 2022 result date is 22 March 2022 on the official website. The detailed information for the JAM 2022 result is mentioned below:
- The merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the aspirants in the entrance exam.
- The authority will not send the rank card to an individual via post.
- Rank card will be available on the official website.
- The Score Card and the rank obtained by the candidate will be available for download from 22 March 2022.
IIT JAM 2022 Result Dates
The candidates can check the JAM 2022 dates in the below table:
JAM 2022 Result Dates
|Result Declaration date||22 March 2022|
|JAM 2022 Exam ||13 February 2022|
Tie-Breaking for IIT JAM 2022
The tie-breaking criteria for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows:
- The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a priority.
- If the above criteria fail to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
How to Download the IIT JAM 2022 Result?
The aspirants can download the IIT JAM 2022 scorecard by following the below steps:
Step 2 - Click on the link given to check the JAM 2022 result.
Step 3 - Enter the login credentials which will be asked to get the scorecard.
Step 4 - After the result gets open the candidates can download the rank card.
IIT JAM 2022 Merit List
The details for the JAM merit list can be checked below in the given points:
- For each test paper, an All India Merit List will be prepared based on All India Rank.
- The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category(OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject.
Note- Please note that the number of category-wise (OBC-NCL, EWS, SC, ST, and PwD) candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application.
IIT JAM 2022 Admission Process
Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2022 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to any of the Academic Programmes available at IITs. The other details for the JAM 2022 exam can be checked below in the given points:
- After JAM 2022 results will be announced, a qualified candidate will have to apply ONLINE only using
the prescribed Admission Form available at the JOAPS website, irrespective of IITs where the admission
is sought. The period for submission of the online Admission Form is 15 April 2022 to 28 April 2022.
- The Reserved category candidates must upload a valid OBC-NCL/EWS certificate issued after 31 March 2019 when they submit their application form for admission after the declaration of JAM 2022 results. The final seat allotment will be done based on the OBC-NCL/EWS certificate submitted along with the application form for admission. The candidate will be considered in the General category in case the OBC-NCL/EWS Certificate is invalid or not in the prescribed format or not uploaded within the specified time.
- The qualified candidate will have to submit Rs 600/- online through JOAPS by 28 April 2022 after carefully choosing the order of programme preferences based on the ER and MEQ of the programmes at Admitting Institutes.
- The admission process will commence from 16 June 2022 on JAM 2022 website.