IIT JAM 2024 Application form last date was October 20, 2023. The IIT JAM 2024 exam is scheduled to take place on February 11. IIT JAM 2024 Admit card will be out in January 2024. This year IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. is conducted by IIT Roorkee. Candidates who want to pursue 2 years M.Sc, Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual degree, integrated Ph.D. program at IITs and IISc can fill the application form. This article contains all the important details regarding IIT JAM Application Form 2024.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Latest Updates
- IIT JAM 2024 Registration Deadline Extended: The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has extended the registration deadline for the IIT Joint Admission Test for Masters (IIT JAM 2024) until October 20.
- Correction Period: The application correction facility for IIT JAM 2024 will begin on November 24.
- Correction Options: Candidates can make corrections to various details, including examination cities, test papers, category, and gender.
- Fee for Corrections: The fee for making corrections is Rs 300. This applies to changes in examination cities, test papers, category, and gender. Additionally, candidates will need to pay any applicable difference in the application fee.
- Application Refund Policy: The application fee is non-refundable. In case the fee amount has been debited from the candidate's bank account, but the JAM 2024 application portal does not receive the information due to communication failure or any such event, the money will be automatically credited back to the candidate's account. However, this process may take a week or more after the closure of the application process.
- Exam Date: The IIT JAM 2024 exam is scheduled to take place on February 11.
- Registration Link: Candidates can register for the exam on the JOAPS official website, joaps.iitm.ac.in.
- Registration Process: To register, candidates need to provide their name, a valid email address, and an active mobile number to generate a password. They must enter the enrollment number and OTP sent to their email address for login on the JOAPS official website.
How to fill the IIT JAM 2024 Application form?
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form can be filled through online mode only. Applications sent through any other mode would be rejected straight away. Candidates need to check the below steps for filling the online application form:
Step 1: Registration on JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System).
- Click on the official link of JOAPS " https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/
- Candidates need to fill the personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Personal Mobile Number, Name of the parents, etc., for the registration.
- After filling in all the details candidate needs to submit it. On submitting, he/she will get an email and SMS on the mobile number given.
Step 2: Login into JOAPS
- Candidate needs to login into the JOAPS system by using their enrollment id/ email id along with the password created.
- Now proceed to the next step by clicking the submit button.
Step 3: Filling in the Application Form
- Now click on the edit application form button to fill up further details.
- The candidate needs to select the number of test papers from the drop-down menu in which he/she wants to appear.
After this, the applicant needs to fill in the personal, educational, and communication details. Step 4: Image uploading
- Upload the images of the photograph as well as the signature in the specification mentioned above.
- Tick on the declaration box after successful uploading of the images.
Step 5: Paying Application Fee
- The candidate needs to submit the application fee through Debit/ Credit/ Net Banking.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form Dates
Candidates must check the important dates regarding the IIT JAM 2024 application form in the given table mentioned below:
IIT JAM Registration Dates 2024
|Events||Important Dates |
|Start date of Online registration at JOAPS ||7 September 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form and upload documents||14 October 2023|
|Form correction window||October 2023|
|JAM 2024 exam date||12 February 2024|
The candidates are requested to keep visiting the page for the latest updates if any.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form
IIT JAM 2024 Application form process has closed. Candidates must read the detail given below to avoid any mistakes while filling the form:
- Candidate must apply online on the official website " https://jam.iisc.ac.in/."
- Upload the scanned copy of photographs, signature, and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable).
- No one should submit multiple forms.
- The candidate should provide a valid e-mail Id, mobile number, and other details.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned clear passport photograph & signature in JPG/JPEG format in the prescribed file size.
- Application fees will be paid through any of the electronic payment modes. The application fee will not be accepted via Money Order, Cheque, Pay Order, IPO, etc.
- The application form must be complete in all respect to avoid the cancellation of the candidate's candidature.
- Candidates must check the application status continuously whether their online application form is received, under scrutiny, accepted, defective, status after rectification, Rejected with valid reason.
- Take multiple photocopies of the application form for further process.
Important instructions to fill the IIT JAM 2024 Application Form
Candidates must have to follow the given instruction while filling the IIT JAM 2024 Application Form online:
- Applicants can apply for the JAM 201 only through the JAM Online Application Processing System(JOAPS) on their official website https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/.
- Candidates have to first register on the JOAPS website by entering their name, valid email, a working mobile number, and a password.
- Candidates must not use anybody else email.
- Only one candidate can be registered with one email address.
- Candidates must give their mobile number because all the information will also be sent via SMS.
- Enrollment ID of candidates is sent on email as well as on the mobile number given.
- Candidates must use their enrollment id along with the password for all JAM 2024 related pieces of information.
- Candidates must keep their enrollment id along with passwords safe and confidential.
Details to be filled in IIT JAM Application form 2024
Below mentioned is the data or documents list candidates must keep in mind while filling IIT JAM 2024 Application Form:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the candidate's name in the online application form must exactly be the same as per the qualifying degree certificate.
- JAM 2024 Score Card will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc., should NOT be used before a name.
- Address for communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- JAM paper(s).
- Choice of JAM examination cities.
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
Documents required during IIT JAM 2024 Online Application Process
Below mentioned are the documents candidates must keep ready while IIT JAM 2020 Application Form filling:
Mandatory Documents for All Applicants:
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree: Mark sheets of all semesters/ years
Document for General Category:
- Nationality Certificate: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhaar Card.
- Please note that any other documents, Ration Card, Driving License, College/ Institute/ School ID, Bank Passbook, PAN Card, Mark sheets are not considered.
- Category Certificate for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST Candidates
- PwD Certificate for PwD Category Candidates
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for the JAM 2020 Examination will be used for the admission process.
|Image to be uploaded||Dimension||Format||File Size|
|Photograph||Width 3.5cm x Height 4.5cm||JPEG||5KB-200KB|
|Signature||Height 2cm x Width 7cm||JPEG||5KB-100KB|
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Fees
Joint Admission Test Application fee 2024 are given below category wise:
IIT JAM 2024 Registration Fees
Category of Candidates
One Test Paper
Two Test Papers
All Other Categories
Mode of Payment
Candidates need to make the fee payment for their application form online only via Net Banking/ Credit card/ Debit card.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form Correction
The applied candidates can make the changes in their application form for the specified period only. Candidates can make IIT JAM 2024 Application Form corrections even after successful submission of the form once. The organizing authority opens the form correction window for a limited period of time. Candidates have to pay an extra fee for the correction of the online application form. Correction can be allowed in the given field:
- PwD status
- Exam city
- Choice of the paper
Extra charges for Addition or Change of test paper are given below:
|Group/Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Rs 750/-||One Test|
|Any One Test|
|Rs 300/-||Not Applicable|
| ||Both Papers||Rs 1050/-|
|All Others||One Test|
|Rs 1500/-||One Test|
|Any One Test|
|Rs 600/-||Not Applicable|
| ||Both Papers||Rs 2100/-|
Extra fee for changing category or gender are given below:
(Group - 1)
|Within Group-1||One or Two Test|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper|| 750/-|
(Group - 2)
|To Group-1||One or Two Test|
(No fee will be
Important Points related to IIT JAM 2024 Application Form Correction:
- Candidates can change their examination city/town with valid reason through the JOAPS official website.
- Candidates have to pay 500/- while changing the examination city/town.
- Candidates cannot change their center in the same city/town.
How to Do JAM 2024 Application Form Correction?
Candidates can follow the steps below to edit the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2024 form.
- Step 1 – Firstly, click on the link given above.
- Step 2 – After following the step given above, the JOAPS portal will open, as shown in the image below.
- Step 3 – Next, enter the enrollment if / e-mail id and password.
- Step 4 – After entering the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
As you can see, the number of students who appeared in IIT JAM has been increasing in recent years. The pass percentage has also been relatively stable, hovering around 9%.
|Year||Number of Appeared Students||Pass Percentage|