IIT JAM 2023 Application form process has been closed from 14th October 2022. The application form was available in online mode. IIT JAM 2023 exam will be conducted on 12 February 2023. IIT JAM 2023 Admit card will be out on 10 January 2023. This year IIT Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. is conducted by IIT Roorkee. Candidates who want to pursue 2 years M.Sc, Joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD Dual degree, integrated Ph.D. program at IITs and IISc can fill the application form. This article contains all the important details regarding IIT JAM Application Form 2023.
- IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card will release on 10 January 2023. The exam will held on 12 february 2023.
- IIT JAM 2023 Application form process has closed on 14th October 2023.
How to fill the IIT JAM 2023 Application form?
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form can be filled through online mode only. Applications sent through any other mode would be rejected straight away. Candidates need to check the below steps for filling the online application form:
Step 1: Registration on JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System).
- Click on the official link of JOAPS " https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/
- Candidates need to fill the personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Personal Mobile Number, Name of the parents, etc., for the registration.
- After filling in all the details candidate needs to submit it. On submitting, he/she will get an email and SMS on the mobile number given.
Step 2: Login into JOAPS
- Candidate needs to login into the JOAPS system by using their enrollment id/ email id along with the password created.
- Now proceed to the next step by clicking the submit button.
Step 3: Filling in the Application Form
- Now click on the edit application form button to fill up further details.
- The candidate needs to select the number of test papers from the drop-down menu in which he/she wants to appear.
After this, the applicant needs to fill in the personal, educational, and communication details. Step 4: Image uploading
- Upload the images of the photograph as well as the signature in the specification mentioned above.
- Tick on the declaration box after successful uploading of the images.
Step 5: Paying Application Fee
- The candidate needs to submit the application fee through Debit/ Credit/ Net Banking.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form Dates
Candidates must check the important dates regarding the IIT JAM 2023 application form in the given table mentioned below:
IIT JAM Registration Dates 2023
|Events||Important Dates |
|Start date of Online registration at JOAPS ||7 September 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form and upload documents||14 October 2022|
|Form correction window||October 2022|
|JAM 2023 exam date||12 February 2023|
The candidates are requested to keep visiting the page for the latest updates if any.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
IIT JAM 2023 Application form process has closed. Candidates must read the detail given below to avoid any mistakes while filling the form:
- Candidate must apply online on the official website " https://jam.iisc.ac.in/."
- Upload the scanned copy of photographs, signature, and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable).
- No one should submit multiple forms.
- The candidate should provide a valid e-mail Id, mobile number, and other details.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned clear passport photograph & signature in JPG/JPEG format in the prescribed file size.
- Application fees will be paid through any of the electronic payment modes. The application fee will not be accepted via Money Order, Cheque, Pay Order, IPO, etc.
- The application form must be complete in all respect to avoid the cancellation of the candidate's candidature.
- Candidates must check the application status continuously whether their online application form is received, under scrutiny, accepted, defective, status after rectification, Rejected with valid reason.
- Take multiple photocopies of the application form for further process.
Important instructions to fill the IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Candidates must have to follow the given instruction while filling the IIT JAM 2023 Application Form online:
- Applicants can apply for the JAM 201 only through the JAM Online Application Processing System(JOAPS) on their official website https://joaps.iisc.ac.in/.
- Candidates have to first register on the JOAPS website by entering their name, valid email, a working mobile number, and a password.
- Candidates must not use anybody else email.
- Only one candidate can be registered with one email address.
- Candidates must give their mobile number because all the information will also be sent via SMS.
- Enrollment ID of candidates is sent on email as well as on the mobile number given.
- Candidates must use their enrollment id along with the password for all JAM 2023 related pieces of information.
- Candidates must keep their enrollment id along with passwords safe and confidential.
Details to be filled in IIT JAM Application form 2023
Below mentioned is the data or documents list candidates must keep in mind while filling IIT JAM 2023 Application Form:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the candidate's name in the online application form must exactly be the same as per the qualifying degree certificate.
- JAM 2023 Score Card will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc., should NOT be used before a name.
- Address for communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- JAM paper(s).
- Choice of JAM examination cities.
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
Documents required during IIT JAM 2023 Online Application Process
Below mentioned are the documents candidates must keep ready while IIT JAM 2020 Application Form filling:
Mandatory Documents for All Applicants:
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree: Mark sheets of all semesters/ years
Document for General Category:
- Nationality Certificate: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhaar Card.
- Please note that any other documents, Ration Card, Driving License, College/ Institute/ School ID, Bank Passbook, PAN Card, Mark sheets are not considered.
- Category Certificate for OBC (NCL)/SC/ST Candidates
- PwD Certificate for PwD Category Candidates
- The photograph and signature uploaded during the time of applying for the JAM 2020 Examination will be used for the admission process.
|Image to be uploaded||Dimension||Format||File Size|
|Photograph||Width 3.5cm x Height 4.5cm||JPEG||5KB-200KB|
|Signature||Height 2cm x Width 7cm||JPEG||5KB-100KB|
- Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Fees
Joint Admission Test Application fee 2023 are given below category wise:
IIT JAM 2023 Registration Fees
Category of Candidates
One Test Paper
Two Test Papers
All Other Categories
Mode of Payment
Candidates need to make the fee payment for their application form online only via Net Banking/ Credit card/ Debit card.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form Correction
The applied candidates can make the changes in their application form for the specified period only. Candidates can make IIT JAM 2023 Application Form corrections even after successful submission of the form once. The organizing authority opens the form correction window for a limited period of time. Candidates have to pay an extra fee for the correction of the online application form. Correction can be allowed in the given field:
- PwD status
- Exam city
- Choice of the paper
Extra charges for Addition or Change of test paper are given below:
|Group/Category||Existing||Wishes to Change||Wishes to Add|
|Rs 750/-||One Test|
|Any One Test|
|Rs 300/-||Not Applicable|
| ||Both Papers||Rs 1050/-|
|All Others||One Test|
|Rs 1500/-||One Test|
|Any One Test|
|Rs 600/-||Not Applicable|
| ||Both Papers||Rs 2100/-|
Extra fee for changing category or gender are given below:
(Group - 1)
|Within Group-1||One or Two Test|
|To Group-2||One Test Paper|| 750/-|
(Group - 2)
|To Group-1||One or Two Test|
(No fee will be
Important Points related to IIT JAM 2023 Application Form Correction:
- Candidates can change their examination city/town with valid reason through the JOAPS official website.
- Candidates have to pay 500/- while changing the examination city/town.
- Candidates cannot change their center in the same city/town.
How to Do JAM 2023 Application Form Correction?
Candidates can follow the steps below to edit the Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2023 form.
- Step 1 – Firstly, click on the link given above.
- Step 2 – After following the step given above, the JOAPS portal will open, as shown in the image below.
- Step 3 – Next, enter the enrollment if / e-mail id and password.
- Step 4 – After entering the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.