JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2021 Application will start in May 2021 tentatively. It is conducted every year at the national level. Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry will open the application window online. Candidates are granted admissions into courses like B.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology and B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses. Read the complete article to know more about JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Status
Candidates can check the JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Status from the following table:
JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2021 Status
|Official notification is yet to release.|
- For academic years of 2021-22 JIPMER B.Sc 2021 admission be based on NEET score.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check in the below table dates for the JIPMER B.Sc entrance test 2021:
JIPMER BSc 2021 Entrance Exam Tentative Schedule
|Online registration starts from||May 2021|
|Last date to submit Application Form||June 2021|
|Issuance of Hall Ticket||June 2021|
|JIPMER BSc 2021 Exam date||July 2021|
|Declaration of result/merit list||July 2021|
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Application Form
JIPMER BSc entrance exam 2021 Application Form will be released on the official website. Candidates need to apply via online mode only as the application will not be accepted through any other mode.
- The registration form can be filled on the official website.
- Applicants must provide valid details only in the registration form to avoid the cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates need to fill in details like name, address, phone number, email ID, etc.
- Must note the username and password to be used in the future.
- Upload documents in the prescribed format only and choose the test city center.
- Fee payment is a must to complete the form.
- No change in the form will be entertained after its final submission will be done. In such a case, have to apply afresh before the closing date.
- Mere completion of “REGISTRATION FOR PAYMENT” does not confer the right for access to the hall ticket.
- Aspirants are advised to keep the xerox copy of the filled form for any further reference.
JIPMER BSc 2021 Entrance Exam Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the pay application fee category wise as mentioned below:
JIPMER B.Sc Online Entrance Test Fee 2021
|General (UR)/ P- UR/P-EWS||Rs. 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs. 1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|SC/ST & P-SC/ST||Rs. 1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable|
|PwD /P-PwD||Exempted from the Application Fees|
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through the following modes.
- Net Banking.
- Credit Card.
- Debit Card.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read JIPMER B.Sc entrance exam 2021 eligibility criteria before applying. The conditions are as follows.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31 December 2020, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year B.Sc. Courses.
- There is no upper age limit
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology and with English or Higher Secondary Examination (+2) Vocational Stream with Medical Laboratory Assistant or any equivalent examination.
- The applicant must have passed the above-mentioned subjects with a minimum of 50% individually & taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the SC / ST or Other Backward Classes / PwD the minimum, mark should be 40%.
- For PwD candidates in a general category, the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Botany & Zoology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant course in the Vocational Stream will not be considered as an eligibility criterion for admission to B.Sc. (Nursing) course.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are seeking to apply can check JIPMER B.Sc 2021 entrance exam pattern below:
JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Test Scheme
June 2021 (Tentative)
|Exam shift||single |
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only|
|Duration ||90 Minutes (1:30 Hours)|
|Number of questions||100 |
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Scheme ||+ 1 marks for each correct response|
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning ||10|
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus
There is no defined syllabus for JIPMER BSc 2021 examination.
- The questions will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
JIPMER BSc 2021 Mock Test
JIPMER, Puducherry has also provided a mock test facility for JIPMER BSc 2021 exam candidates. It is hosted on jipmer.edu.in. Candidates can familiarize themselves with the CBT mode B.Sc entrance test via mock test.
JIPMER BSc 2021 Entrance Exam Admit Card
JIPMER, Puducherry releases the Hall Ticket for JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam on the official website after the last date of submission of the application form.
- The admit card for the Entrance Examination shall be available for download on the official website of JIPMER.
- The Hall Ticket will contain
- Name and date of birth of the candidate
- Photo and signature image as uploaded by the candidate
- Examination City allotted and Roll Number.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he/she produces the hall ticket at the exam centers along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
- Candidates should preserve their hall ticket (with the signature and seal of the center representative / Invigilator) even after the exam and need to produce the same during counseling.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Result
The authority will release the JIPMER BSc 2021 Result on the official website after the exam will be over.
- It is provided in the form of a merit list in pdf format.
- Candidates will have to use their username and password to check the result & entrance exam score.
- The merit ranking of the candidate will be based on the percentile score and the list is drawn category-wise.
- Individual call letters will NOT be sent to the candidates.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Percentile Score
The raw score is calculated based on the marking scheme.
- Marks allotted for the correct answer – 1 mark
- Marks deducted for an incorrect answer – No
Then the percentile score is taken out based on the following formula.
No.of Candidates from the group with an aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100 dived by the No. of Candidates appeared in the Entrance Examination.
Thereafter, merit lists are prepared based on percentile scores.
- Overall Rank List
- Scheduled Caste Candidates List
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates List
- Other Backward Classes Candidates List
- Puducherry – UR Candidates List
- Puducherry – OBC Candidates List
- Puducherry – SC Candidates List
- Puducherry – ST Candidates List
- PwD Candidates List
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Tie Breaking Rule
In case two or more candidates will have equal percentile in the entrance examination, their inter se merit shall be determined as per the following rules:
- Higher Percentile in Biology will result in a higher ranking
- If tie will still persist then the higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in a higher ranking
- If the above criteria will fail, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in a higher ranking
- If Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in the English Language will result in higher ranking.
- If all the above still fails then the higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in a higher ranking
- Age: If the tie still exists, the candidate who is elder by age will be ranked higher
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Cut Off
JIPMER has set the minimum qualifying percentage of marks for getting shortlisted to the Counselling Process. It is as follows.
|Unreserved (UR) & P-UR||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – PWD||45|
|SC / ST / PWD – OPH & P-SC/ST / P-OBC||40|
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Counselling
JIPMER conducts counseling sessions for selected candidates in offline mode.
- They will be required to register themselves at jipmer.edu.in and appear for biometric verification on the date, time & venue mentioned on the website.
- The competent authority holds subsequent counseling sessions if any seat is vacant.
Documents to be uploaded while Counselling Registration
The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall ticket with the sign and seal of the center Representative/Invigilator
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate.
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In the case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate is required.
- Medical Certificate in case of PwD Candidate.
- Six Passport size color photographs recently were taken.
Courses Offered through JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021
The candidates can apply for admission in the following courses on qualifying JIPMER BSc entrance exam:
- BSc Nursing – 4-year course
- BSc Allied Health Sciences – 3-year course
Name of the Allied Medical Science Courses offered at JIPMER Puducherry
- Anaesthesia Technology
- Cardiac Laboratory Technology
- Dialysis Technology
- Radiotherapy Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology (M.L.T)
- Perfusion Technology
- Radiotherapy Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- MLT in Blood Banking
- Medical Technology – Radio-diagnosis
- Neuro Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- B. Optom. (Bachelor of Optometry)
JIPMER BSc 2021 Seat Matrix
The number and distribution of seats for the academic session 2021 are as follows.
|Name of the Allied Medical Science Courses||Number of seats|
|B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses (87)|| |
|Cardiac Laboratory Technology||05|
|MLT in Blood Banking||05|
|Medical Technology – Radio-diagnosis||05|
|Nuclear Medicine Technology||05|
|B. Optom. (Bachelor of Optometry) ||05|
|Medical Laboratory Technology (M.L.T)||37|
Out of 94 seats in B.Sc. Nursing, 9 seats are horizontally reserved for males & the rest are for females.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Exam Centers
The examination centers are tentatively proposed in 21 cities all over India as per the below list:
Applicants can choose only 03 cities from the above list.
JIPMER BSc Entrance Exam 2021 Highlights
Applicants can check the JIPMER B.Sc entrance exam 2021 short summary below in the table:
|Exam name||JIPMER BSc 2021 Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|JIPMER B.Sc Official Website||https://main.jipmer.edu.in/|