JIPMER B.Sc Result 2020 is expected to be released on or before 29 September 2020 on the official website of the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry. The result is released in the pdf format as per the schedule. Candidates will need their username id and password to check the merit list/result. Those who will qualify the exam will be called for counselling process. The institute releases an overall rank list along with different category wise lists. Read the complete article to know more about JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 Result like how to check result, cut off, merit list and how is result calculated etc.
JIPMER B.Sc Result 2020 Dates
Shown below are the important dates about JIPMER B.Sc Result 2020:
JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam Merit List Schedule 2020
|JIPMER BSc 2020 Entrance Exam||Important Dates|
|JIPMER BSc 2020 Exam date|21 June 22 September 2020
|Declaration of result||On or before 29 September 2020|
|1st Counselling starts from|08 Jul 2020 30 September – 03 October 2020
JIPMER BSc 2020 Result
The authority will release the JIPMER BSc 2020 Result at the official website only.
- It is provided in the form pdf format.
- Candidates will have to use their username and password to check the result & entrance exam score.
- The merit ranking of the candidate will be based on the percentile score and the list is drawn category wise.
- Individual letters will NOT be sent to the qualified candidates and to those who are kept in the waiting list.
- No requests for re-evaluation/rechecking will be accepted under any situation.
How to Check JIPMER BSc Result 2020?
Candidates can check out their JIPMER B.SC result 2020 by following these steps.
Step 1 - Visit the official website jipmer.edu.in.
Step 2 - Now, click on the link for JIPMER Bsc Result 2020 provided under the latest announcement section.
Step 3 - Thereafter, login with username and password to check individual scorecard.
Step 4 - Then, the candidate can download the result for future use like for counselling purpose.
JIPMER BSc 2020 Cut Off
Candidates need to score the following percentile as cut off to be deemed as qualified for JIPMER B.Sc entrance test 2020:
|Unreserved (UR) & P-UR||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – PWD||45|
|SC / ST / PWD – OPH & P-SC/ST / P-OBC||40|
JIPMER BSc Merit List 2020
The candidates are granted admission to the BSc courses based on the merit list/ rank. The list is prepared after applying the tie-breaking rules. This merit list comprises of roll number, ranks and percentile scores of the candidates. They should also not that this result is not sent individually to any candidate.
Type of JIPMER BSc 2020 Merit List
- Common (UR) Merit list
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) Candidates List
- Scheduled Caste (SC) Candidates List
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) Candidates List
- Pondicherry- UR Candidates List
- Pondicherry – OBC Candidates List
- Pondicherry – SC Candidates List
- Pondicherry – ST Candidates List
- OPH Candidates List
JIPMER BSc 2020 Tie Breaking Rule
In case of two or more candidates secure equal percentile in the entrance examination, their inter se merit shall be determined as per the below-mentioned sequential order:
- Higher Percentile scores in Biology will be considered.
- If tie will still persist then the higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will be taken into account.
- It above criteria will fail, higher Percentile scores in Physics will be given a priority.
- If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, a candidate with higher Percentile scores in the English Language will be given a higher rank.
- If all the above still fails then the higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in a higher ranking
- Lastly, the candidate who is elder by age will be ranked higher.
JIPMER BSc 2020 Calculation of Percentile Score
First of all, the raw score is calculated with the help of the marking scheme of the entrance exam & then percentile score is calculated with the help of the following formula.
= Number of Candidates with an aggregate mark less than a candidate / No. of Candidates that appeared in the Entrance Examination X 100.
Example: If 3888 candidates appeared in the entrance exam and a candidate who has scored 60% marks and has 2500 candidates below him then the percentile score will be calculated as under:
Percentile Score of 60% Marks in the Entrance Examination = 2500/3888 X 100