JKPET Syllabus 2020 has been released by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Exam along with the Information Brochure. With the help of PET 2020 syllabus seeking candidates can prepare for the exam in the best way. The question paper for PET 2020 shall contain a total of 180 multiple-choice questions. Polytechnic Entrance Test syllabus is based upon the 10th class syllabus. Candidates can check and download PET Syllabus PDF from this page. The entrance exam date has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak. For more information regarding BOPEE PET syllabus candidates can refer to this page below.
JKPET Syllabus 2020
The syllabus covers all the subjects and topics candidates study during 10th class which are English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. They can check and download JKPET 2020 syllabus from the link provided below.
JKPET English Syllabus
- Pronouns – Type and Uses
- Conjunction – Type and Uses
- Models – Modal Auxiliaries and their uses
- Reported Speech – Changes in Verbs and other Changes
- Clauses – Types of Clauses and their uses
- Sentence Pattern
- Past Perfect – Uses
- To – infinitive and – hiring forms
- Other Sentence Patterns
JKPET Physics Syllabus
- Light – Reflection and Refraction, Sign conventions for spherical mirrors, Spherical Lenses, etc.
- The Human Eye and Colourful World - Human eye; the power of accommodation; defects of vision and their correction, Atmospheric refraction-twinkling of stars and colour of the sun at sunrise and sunset & Glass prism
- Electricity - Concept of electric charge, Electric current; electric potential and potential difference, Ohm’s law and experimental verification, etc.
- Magnetic Effects of Current - Oersted Experiment; Magnetic field and field lines, Magnetic field due to a current carrying-Straight, Electric Motor; Domestic electric circuits
- Sources of Energy - Various sources of energy, Non-conventional sources of energy, Lasting of energy sources
JKPET Chemistry Syllabus
- Chemical Reactions and equation - Chemical equation, Types of chemical reactions, Displacement reactions, Effects of oxidation and reduction reactions in everyday life, viz. corrosion and rancidity
- Periodic Classification of Elements - Early attempts regarding classification of elements, New lands law of
octaves, Mendeleev’s periodic table its achievements and limitations, Modern periodic table, etc.
- Carbon and its Compounds - Bonding in Carbon, Covalent bond, Allotropes of carbon, Versatile nature of carbon, Chemical properties of carbon compounds viz. combustion; oxidation; Addition and substitution reactions, etc.
- Metals and Non-metals - Physical properties of metals and non-metals, Chemical properties of metals, Corrosion of metals and its prevention etc.
- Acids Bases and Salts
JKPET Maths Syllabus
- Real Numbers - Euclid's division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, etc.
- Arithmetic Progression - Motivation for studying Arithmetic progression, Derivation of standard results of finding the nth term and sum of first n-terms.
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two variables - Pair of Linear Equation in two variables,
- Introduction to Trigonometry - Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle, Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles., etc.
- Heights and Distances
- Surface Area and Volume - Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/ cones, frustum of a cone.
- Probability - History, Repeated experiments and observed frequency approach to probability. Focus is on
empirical probability, Classical definition of probability, Simple problems on a single event, not using set rotation.
- Polynomials - Zeroes of a Polynomial, Statement & simple problems on division algorithm for polynomials with real coefficients.
- Quadratic Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
Download JKPET 2020 Syllabus Pdf
JKPET 2020 Preparation Tips
For a better score, candidates can follow few below-mentioned tips:
- Must make a proper time table & follow accordingly.
- NCERT Books: As the syllabus is based on 10 standards so candidates can follow NCERT book.
- Study Guide: Prepare from the study guides available in the market.
- Practice all the previous year question papers provided online. Also, practice questions from the sample papers provided for each subject.
JKPET Admit Card 2020
The authority will release the hall ticket of JKPET on the scheduled date for those candidates who will submit the application form successfully.