JKPET Counselling 2021 will be organised by the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations(BOPEE) on the scheduled date after the entrance exam will get over. After the declaration of the Polytechnic Entrance Test result, qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process for documents verification & seat allotment. Candidates have to fill in the online Preference Form, according to their own interest. They also have to pay the counselling fee online at the time of filling the preferences. If a candidate fails to appear for the counselling process, then his/her candidature will be cancelled. To know more about JK Polytechnic 2021 Counselling read the page below.
JKPET Counselling 2021 Dates
In the table below check the expected dates related to JK Polytechnic 2021 Counselling:
JK Polytechnic 2021 (PET) Schedule for Counselling
|Exam date||to be announced soon|
|Declaration of result||to be announced soon|
|Mock Exercise||to be announced soon|
|Filling up of preferences form||to be announced soon|
|Last date of online payment of a fee(500/-)||to be announced soon|
|Last date for editing of preferences||to be announced soon|
|A second round of counselling||to be announced soon|
|Mop Up round of counselling||to be announced soon|
|Special drive for filling up of vacant seats||to be announced soon|
Keep in touch to the page to know updates for counselling.
Documents Required for JKPET 2021 Verification
Candidates have to submit necessary documents either in online or offline mode as notified by the Board for counselling. They might have to be present during the process or have to appear after the counselling along with necessary documents.
List Document to be submitted for verification –
- Printout of Online Application Form
- Certificate of permanent residence
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board;
- Matriculation or equivalent examination (for Date of Birth)
- Reserved category certificates including Sports and TFW
JKPET Counselling Process 2021
The candidates must visit the counselling venue(in case of offline counselling)along with all documents in original; admit card and a payment receipt of Rs. 500/- paid at the POS terminal at BOPEE office Srinagar /Jammu. The fees can also be paid through swap machine available at JKBOPEE office. However, in exceptional cases, where the BOPEE is satisfied based on the documentary proof that the applicant is an orphan or is living in abject poverty, the fee charged may be refunded if he/she fails to take admission due to some unavoidable reasons beyond his/her control.
JKPET Online Counselling Process
The following shall be the procedure for online counselling for J&K BPOEE PET 2021:
- Subject to the limits fixed by the Board, candidates, who have qualified the examination will be eligible to participate in the online counselling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online / offline as may be notified by the Board.
- Such applicants will have to fill in online preference forms, as per the schedule as may be notified by the Board.
- The candidates shall be given time to conduct a mock exercise to fill in the online preferences.
JKPET Offline Counselling Process
The offline counselling process will take place in the following ways:
- Subject to the limits fixed by the board, candidates, who have qualified the examination and figure in the UT Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the Physical counselling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board.
- Such candidates shall be required to fill in preference forms. They shall be required to be present during the process of counselling and appear before the counselling committee.
- They will have to make the counselling fee payment as mentioned above.
- The procedure for seat allotment will be based on the merit list of entrance test, preferences are given by the candidates with due regard to the Reservation Rules. However, candidates will be called for counselling on their turn as per merit obtained in the examination.
After completion of the first round of counselling a notification indicating the allotment of seats to the candidates will be displayed on the website of BOPEE & also shall be published in such number of leading dailies also as may be deemed appropriate by the Board.
JKPET Upgradation Round (2nd Round of Counselling) 2021
The following procedure shall be followed in case it is decided by the Board to conduct up-gradation /allotment (second round) through online counselling:
- The seats available due to non-joining, resignation etc. shall be notified by the Board on its official website & only such candidates who have been allotted a seat during the first round and have joined the College/Institution will be eligible to for up-gradation round of counselling.
- Those who participated in the first round of counselling but could not get a seat due to (SNA)/or CNA shall be eligible to participate.
- Aspirants eligible/desirous to participate in this round shall be required to indicate the fresh preferences for the seats proposed to be filled up during the said round of counselling.
- The preferences indicated by the candidates earlier during the first round of counselling will automatically be cancelled.
- The candidates who have paid the online fee during the first round shall not be required to pay any fee during this round of counselling.
Note - The board may conduct other rounds of counselling if seats remain vacant.
JKPET Reservation Policy 2021
Aspirants can check JKPET reservation criteria for all categories below in the table:
|Categories||Reservation in Percentage|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Reserved Categories|| |
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribes|| |
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|| |
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) ||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity)||05|
JKPET 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the below seat matrix of pervious year for reference:
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Bikram Chowk||370|
|Govt. Polytechnic College for Women||150|
|Govt. Polytechnic College||120|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Kathua||120|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Samba||120|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Udhampur||120|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Ramban||60|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Doda||120|
|Govt. Polytechnic College, Kishtwar||120|
|Baba Gulam Shah Badshah University||120|
|Pvt. Polytechnics Institutions of Jammu Division||2,565|
|Pvt. Polytechnics Institutions of Kashmir Division||1,170|
|Govt. Polytechnics Institutions OF Ladakh Division||180|