JKPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who want to get the admission in Diploma in Polytechnic (for Engineering Course) at the state level in Jammu and Kahmir. The Jammu and Kashmir Polytechnic Entrance Test application form will be made available on the official website. Aspirants seeking to get them enroll must fill the form after confirming the eligibility. The entrance exam is conducted once every year at the State Level. The applicants must go through the complete article below to know about JKPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
JKPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for admission to Diploma in Polytechnic Courses must fulfil the following eligibility conditions which are mentioned below:
The educational qualification details are as follows:
- Must have passed Secondary School Examination (Intermediate or equivalent examination) from a recognised statutory Board/University/Institute.
- The candidates appearing/appeared in 10th class examination up to the last date of submission of online applications can also apply for the JK Polytechnic Entrance Test.
- Must have obtained minimum 40% of marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination in case
of General candidates (including Sports Category, CDP/JKPM).
- Minimum 37% of marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates (SC/ST/RBA/ALC/OSC) in the qualifying examination.
- Should have passed Science and Math subjects in 10th class examination at the time of counselling and secured percentage of marks as given above.
The applying candidates must know that there is no upper age bar for appearing in the Entrance Test for admission to Polytechnic Courses, both in Private Colleges & Government.
Applying aspirants must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir State.
Reservation Policy for JKPET 2021
The reservation of seats in the Government Polytechnics college shall be as under:
Seat Reservation for JKPET 2021
|Categories||Reservation in Percentage|
|General Candidates ||50|
| ||Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB) ||06 |
| ||Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL) ||02|
| ||Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
| ||Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|| |
| ||Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC||02|
| ||Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
| ||Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP) ||03|
|Children of Para Military Forces and Stat Police Personnel (JKPM)||01|
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports||02|
Note- There is no reservation provided to the applicants for PET by the Private colleges.