JK SET 2021 will be conducted in April 2021 tentatively. Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test will be conducted by the University of Kashmir. This exam is conducted once every year at the State Level to recruit the eligible candidates for the post of Lecturers or Assistant Professors. Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the last date. The exam will be conducted in the thirty-seven subjects. The candidates must carefully fill their applications on or before the last date. Also, the candidates must ensure their eligibility before they apply for the exam. The candidates can refer to this article to know all about JKSET 2021 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling, etc.
JK SET 2021 Dates
|Application Form Available||March 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||March 2021|
|Exam Date||April 2021|
JK SET 2021 Application Form
The candidates need to have complete information about JK SET Form 2021 so that they can fill all the details in the application form correctly and submit the JK SET Application Form 2021 before the last date. Following are the details about JKSET online application form:
- The candidates can go to the official website of the University of Kashmir and then fill the online application form.
- While filling the application form it will be important to provide all the personal and educational details. Candidates will also have to provide their email id and mobile number.
- Besides this, they will also have to upload the scanned images of their signature and a passport-sized photograph.
- Furthermore, applicants also need to select the course for which they want to appear in the JK SET exam and the exam centre according to their convenience.
- Online applications must be submitted before the last date as applications will not be accepted after the last date for online application submission.
- No requests regarding submission of application form after the last date will be entertained.
- Applications submitted without paying the application fee will not be accepted in any case.
JK SET Image Specification
JPG/ JPEG/ PNG
Maximum 500 kb
JK SET 2021 Application Fee
The information about the application fee to be submitted by the candidates belonging to various categories is mentioned in the table given below:
JK SET Application Fee 2021
|Category||Amount (in Rs)|
|RBA (Residents of Backward Area)/ ALC (Resident of Area Adjoining to Actual Line of Control ) Category||Rs. 800|
|WUP Category||Rs. 700|
JK SET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates need to carefully read all the information given about JKSET Eligibility Criteria 2021. Also, they must make sure that they fill the application form only after ensuring their eligibility for the JKSET exam 2021. Following are the details about JK SET Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have qualified their UGC exam from a recognized University.
- Also, those who have completed their Ph.D. degree and have done their Master's 19 September 1992 will be given a relaxation of 5% marks for appearing in the exam.
- General Category candidates must have at least 55% marks whereas, those belonging to the Reserved category must have a score of at least 50% marks in Master’s Degree or they must have qualified any other equivalent exam from any UGC recognized institutions/ universities.
- Besides this, applicants who have qualified either SLET/NET/CSIR JRF/ UGC exams do not need to appear in the JKSET entrance test.
- The candidate does not need to be a permanent resident of the Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Furthermore, there is no upper age limit to apply for this exam.
- Applicants must apply in their post-graduation subject only.
JK SET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Given below are the reservation criteria for admission to the University of Kashmir. Reservation criteria vary according to the candidate category:
JK SET 2021 Reservation Criteria
Name of the category
Children of Gujjar & Bakerwals (CGB)
Differently-abled (PWD) – not less than 40% disability
Weak & Under Privileged Class/Social Caste (WUP)
Residents of Actual Line of Control (ALC)
Residents of Backward Area (RBA)
JK SET 2021 Exam Pattern
All the applicants must have complete information about JKSET Exam Pattern 2021. This information will help the candidates to get an idea about the structure of question paper and hence score good marks in the exam. Following are the details about JKSET exam pattern:
- JK SET Question paper will be in English.
- JK SET exam will comprise of 3 papers (Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3).
- Each question will be carrying 2 marks.
- All the papers will be containing multiple-choice questions.
- The details about all the 3 papers of JKSET test are provided hereby:
|Paper||Total question||Total Marks||Duration|
JK SET 2021 Syllabus
The candidates should be familiar with the JK SET Syllabus 2021. This will help the candidates to know what topics they still need to study and hence cover all the topics on time before the exam. Following are the details about JKSET Syllabus:
The candidates must prepare all the topics related to these following mentioned fields:
- Teaching/ Research Aptitude
- Electronic Science
- Environmental Sciences
- General Paper
- Chemical Sciences
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian
- Computer Science & Application
- Home Science
- Library & Information
- Mass Communication & Journalism
- Arab Culture & Islamic Studies
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Social Work
Candidates are advised to practice questions from all the important topics related to the subjects and must practice Multiple Choice Questions related to the concerned topics.
JKSET 2021 Preparation Tips
Following preparation tips will help the candidates to prepare for the exam and hence get the qualifying marks in this test:
- Make a proper time table and follow it properly.
- Besides this, candidates need to make short notes of all the topics which will help in revising all the topics quickly before few days of the exam.
- Previously studied topics must be regularly revised.
- Candidates must eat healthy food and thereby avoid junk food.
- Stress must be avoided and meditation or yoga can be practised to manage the same.
- Furthermore, candidates must stay focused on academics.
JK SET 2021 Admit Card
All the candidates must have complete information about JK SET Admit Card 2021 so that they can download their admit card on time. Following are the details about JKSET call letter 2021:
- Hall Ticket will be released by the University of Kashmir online on its official website.
- All the applicants will need to download their admit card themselves.
- The University will not be responsible for sending the admit card through any means.
- Candidates must not forget to carry their admit card with them, otherwise, they will not be allowed to appear in the JK SET entrance test 2021.
- Admit Card must be kept carefully as it will be required in the future during the admission process.
JK SET 2021 Answer Key
Once the examination process is over, the University of Kashmir releases the official answer key
for the exam via online mode. It can be downloaded from the official website of J & K agency. The university first releases the provisional answer key. If the candidates are dissatisfied with the key released then they can submit the objection via email – [email protected]
. After the recruitment, a final answer key releases based on which final marks for the preparation of result are calculated.
JK SET 2021 Result
Following are the details about JK SET Result 2021:
- The University of Kashmir will declare the result after the exam has been successfully conducted.
- The result will be declared in June.
- Candidates can go to the official website and check their JKSET Result 2021.
- Furthermore, the result will be declared in the form of a merit list.
- Besides this, the candidates who will get the minimum qualifying marks will have their names in the merit list.
JK SET 2021 Counselling
The candidates can go through this section to get important information about JKSET 2021 Counselling:
- The counselling process will be conducted once the result has been declared on the official website of the University.
- Only the candidates having their names in the merit list will be eligible to take part in the counselling.
- Furthermore, candidates will have to take their documents with them for Document Verification Process on the counselling day.
- Besides this, all the candidates must compulsorily be present on the counselling day.
- No candidates will be entertained afterwards.
- The counselling schedule will be updated on the official website.
JK SET 2021 Highlights
Candidate can check the vital points regarding JKSET 2021 from the below-given table:
Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test 2021
|Conducting Body||University of Kashmir|
JK SET Official website
Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
To recruit the eligible candidates for the post of Lecturers/Assistant Professors
Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test 2021
Jammu and Kashmir State Eligibility Test is a State Level entrance exam conducted by the University of Kashmir. Candidates need to score qualifying marks to participate in the counselling round.
University of Kashmir
The University of Kashmir is located on the western side of Dal Lake in Srinagar city. It has been awarded Grade "A+" by the NAAC. The University of Kashmir is situated at Hazratbal, Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir in 190006.