JNU CEEB 2021 is also known as the Jawaharlal Nehru University CNU CEEB (Gat-B) is expected to be held in October 2021 by NTA. Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology will be conducted at the University level once a year for candidates seeking to take admission in four Masters Programmes in Biotechnology i.e. M.Sc. Biotechnology, M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M. VSC., and M. Tech. Biotechnology. Candidates can go through the complete article below to know more about the JNU CEEB 2021 exam like Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, etc.
- JNU CEEB( GAT-B) 2020 Result has been declared.
- Institute wise admission information can be checked on the official website of the exam itself.
JNU CEEB 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events related to JNU CEEB 2021 examination in the table given below.
JNU CEEB Exam Tentative Schedule 2021
|Release of JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Application Form||20 August 2021|
|Last date for the submission of JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Application Form||05 September 2021|
|JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Edit Window||September 2021|
|Release of JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Admit Card||October 2021|
|JNU CEEB (GAT-B) 2021||October 2021|
|JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Candidate Response Sheet||October 2021|
|Release of JNU CEEB (GAT-B) Answer Key||October 2021|
|Last date of accepting representation of any discrepancy|
in Question Paper and Editor Answer Key
|Declaration of GAT B rank ||October 2021|
JNU CEEB 2021 Application Form
Before filling the form the candidates are advised to check their eligibility for the exam. JNU CEEB 2021 Application Form
details can be checked below in the given points:
- JNU CEEB application form will be available from August 2021 on the JNU official website.
- Multiple forms will lead to the rejection of the form.
- Applicants are advised to fill the form correctly with all the relevant information only to avoid rejection of the form.
- Must give the valid email address and contact details as all the related information will be sent via SMS and email.
- Applicants can opt for a maximum of 3 fields of study of their choice for the same level of the program for appearing in the Entrance exam.
- Upload the scanned copy of the mandatory documents in the prescribed format only.
- After, filling in all the required details submit the fee to complete the form.
- The aspirants must get the printout of the filled form for further use.
JNU CEEB 2021 Application Fee
Get detailed information about the JNU CEEB 2021 Examination Fee below:
JNU CEEB 2021 Registration Fees
|General/OBC/EWS||Rs 1000/- + GST|
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Rs 500/- + GST|
|Foreign Nationals||Rs 2880/- + GST|
Modes of Payment
- Online - Through Credit/Debit Card/Net-Banking.
- Offline - Through e-challan
JNU CEEB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
JNU CEEB 2021 Eligibility
Bachelor’s degree in education in Physical, Agricultural, Biological, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4- years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course).
Should have MBBS OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks from a recognized board/university.
|M.Sc. (Agriculture) in Biotechnology||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in a relevant subject.|
|M.V.Sc.||Bachelor’s degree with at least 55%|
marks or its equivalent grade from any recognized university in the concerned subjects.
|M.Tech (Biotechnology) ||Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (under grading system) from any recognized|
university in a relevant subject.
JNU CEEB 2021 Reservations
The admissions will be given as per the reservation policy of the Government of India. The reservation details can be checked below in the given table:
Category-wise Seat reservations for JNU CEBB
JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2021 Exam Pattern below:
Paper Pattern for JNU CEEB 2021
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT Mode)|
|Medium of Paper||English|
- 1, 2, 3, or 4 Marks for a correct response (weightage of each question may vary for the different program)
- No negative marking for an incorrect response
The question paper for the Entrance Examination will be of 3-hours duration consisting of Two Streams: Technology and Life Sciences Stream.
JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2021 syllabus below:
- JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus for Basic Engineering and Technology, Pharmacology
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Principles of Biochemical Engineering
- Physiology, Pharmacology & Biochemistry
- Biologicals and Biopharmaceuticals
- Food Science and Technology
- Cell Culture Techniques
- Downstream Processing
- JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Differential Equation
- Complex numbers
- Complex integration
- Power series
- Three Dimensional GeometryAlgebra
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Analytical techniques in Biotechnology
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- Modern Physics
- JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus for Fundamentals of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, and Informatics
- Life Sciences
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Chemistry and chemical equilibria
- JNU CEEB 2021 Syllabus for Science Stream
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Molecular biology & recombinant DNA technology
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Information Sciences
- Computer Application
JNU CEEB 2021 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the Preparation Tips for JNU CEEB (GAT-B) 2021 in the points given below.
- Candidates must prepare with the help of the Syllabus provided above.
- All the candidates must prepare and plan their study timings and for this, they must check the Exam Pattern.
- Candidates shall take some ideas from the previous year’s question papers.
- They can practice by giving the Mock Test available.
- Candidates must concentrate on every unit given in the Syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- All the candidates must give equal time to all the Units.
JNU CEEB 2021 Admit Card
NTA will issue the Hall Ticket to the candidates on a provisional basis who will successfully submit the Application Form. The candidates can check the JNU CEEB 2021 Admit Card
details below in the given points:
- The admit card will be released on the official website of the competent authority.
- Candidates may please note that Admit Card will not be sent by post.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them on their Admit card.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admission Ticket to the exam hall as without it entry would not be possible.
- The candidates must carry the original ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Passport Size Photograph, etc. along with the Admit Card for verification purposes.
- On downloading the Hall Ticket the aspirants must check the details in it are correct.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
JNU CEEB 2021 Answer Key
Check the JNU CEEB 2021 Answer key details below in the given points:
- The NTA will display the Answer Key of the questions on the NTA website after the exam will get over.
- Appeared candidates will get an opportunity to challenge the Answer Key.
- The aspirants will have to pay Rs 1000/- per question as processing charges for challenging the answer key.
- The NTA will also display the recorded responses of all the candidates on its website before the declaration of the result.
JNU CEEB 2021 Result
NTA will disclose the result for CEEB after the answer key will be released. The JNU CEEB 2021 Result
can be checked below in the given points:
- For multi-shift papers, raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts/sessions will be converted to NTA Score (percentile).
- The candidates will be able to download their scorecard from the official website by entering their login credentials.
- The rank card/score cardholder must visit the concerned university’s/institute’s website for reconfirmation of eligibility conditions of admission.
- All the eligible candidates will have to fill the application form of individual University/Institute.
- The issuance of Rank/ Score Card does not guarantee admission in DBT supported PG Teaching
Courses. Confirmation of admission is subject to fulfilment of required eligibility conditions/criteria set by concerned Universities/Institutes. Department of Biotechnology, GOI
does not have any role and responsibility in the admission process after the declaration of GAT-B Result.
- Must note that the authority will not send the Rank card to the individuals via post.
- Must get the printout of it and keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
JNU CEEB 2021 Selection Process
Selection of the candidates will be done by their inter-se merit drawn based on the JNU CEEB All India Entrance Examination.
- If the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidates then the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating University.
- The applicants will be asked to pay an amount through online mode of Rs.5,000/- ( Rs.2,500/- in the case of SC, ST, PWD candidates) as an initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating Universities by their options for joining the universities.
JNU CEEB 2021 Test Centers
While applying, students have to select the exam centre that is most convenient for them. After the submission of application form, JNU CEEB Admit Card will be issued which will hold all the important details regarding exam centre. The list of cities where exam JNU CEEB will be held are given below:
|Name of States||Examination Cities|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
JNU CEEB 2021 Highlights
The candidates can take a look at a glance for JNU CEEB 2021 exam below in the given table:
|Name of the Exam||Jawaharlal Nehru University Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year|
|JNU CEEB Official Website||https://www.rcb.res.in/GATB/|
|Purpose of Exam||To offer admission to the following courses M.Sc. Biotechnology, M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M. VSC., and M. Tech. Biotechnology|
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) as an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under Society Registration Act, 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent, and international standards tests to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions.