Kerala PG Nursing 2023 will be held in January 2024 by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Government of Kerala. The candidates will be enrolled in the M.Sc Nursing course in colleges of Kerala State. This exam is conducted annually each year at the State Level. The candidates must hold B.Sc in Nursing/Post B.Sc Nursing in order to apply for PG nursing entrance exam. It is also known as Kerala Post Graduate Course in Nursing 2023. Also, the candidates willing to apply for this course must go through the complete article to know further about Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
- The official notification for Kerala PG Nursing 2023 has not been declared by the conducting authority yet.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the Kerala PG Nursing 2023 exam status from the below table:
Kerala PG Nursing Entrance Examination 2023 Notification
|No official notification announce yet|
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Dates
The form for the application is available online. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are the recommended browsers for filling out the application form. The complete Kerala PG Nursing 2023 schedule is as follows.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Schedule
|Important events||Dates (tentative)|
|Application form start date||October 2023|
|Submission of duly filled application form||October 2023|
|Admit Card issue date||November 2023|
|Exam Date||January 2024|
|Answer Key||to be announced|
|Rank List||February 2024|
|The website opens for Option Registration||to be announced|
|Time for Option Registration ends||to be announced|
|1st Phase Allotment Publication||to be announced|
|Students to join the allotted colleges||to be announced|
|To submit the final admitted list by Principals to the office of CEE through Online Admission Management System (OAMS)||to be announced|
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Application Form
All the candidates (including Service Quota) seeking admission to the course must apply online through the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations as the Kerala PG Nursing 2023 application form will be made available on the website.
- The candidate must follow the following steps for the online submission of the application and all the steps are mandatory.
- The Candidates must complete all steps and are advised to keep a softcopy or printout of the application for future reference.
- The aspirant must Register themselves before filling out the registration form of Kerala PG Nursing.
- The process is a one-time online process during which the applicant will get a system generated
- The applicants must give the necessary basic data and create a strong password during the registration process.
After the registration process, the candidate can fill out the application form.
- The candidate is advised to fill the registration form carefully as No modification will be possible after the Final submission.
- The aspirant had to upload the documents as prescribed by the authority.
- The applicant has to submit the application form fee as the last step to confirm the submission of the registration form.
Certificates /Documents to be uploaded in Online Registration form
Following documents to be uploaded at the time of PG Nursing Kerala Registration Form filling:
- Nativity Proof
- Certificates were obtained from Tahsildar for verification of category in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Officer for community reservation/fee concession claims within the case of SEBC/OEC candidates.
- Non-Creamy Layer/Community and Income Certificates from the Village Officer involved within the prescribed format.
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate :
a) The applicant who is a child of an Inter-Caste married couple of whom one is SC/ST, need to upload the Inter-Caste marriage Certificate issued by Tahsildar.
b) The Candidate who is a child of Inter- Cast married couple with either of the parents belonging to a community included in SEBC need to upload a Non-Creamy Layer certificate specifying the community of the candidate from the Village Officer.
- Registration certificate from State Nursing Council.
- Pass certificate of the B Sc Nursing Degree.
- Attested copy of General Nursing and Midwifery Course, +2 Certificates with Science Subjects
and Post Basic B.SC Nursing Degree / Pass certificates (regular course).
- Attested copy of Internship Certificate/Experience Certificate(s)
- Certificate to prove age
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Application Fee
Given below the category-wise fee structure for the registration form of PG Nursing Kerala
Registration form fee for Nursing PG 2023
|Category ||Fee in Rs|
Mode of Payment
Candidate can pay the application form fee through both online and offline modes.
- Online Mode: Candidate can pay through Internet banking/Credit card/Debit card.
- Offline Mode: Candidate can pay through e-Challan OR Payment can be made in cash at any of the Head and Sub Post Offices in Kerala. The e-Challan should be handed over to the post office counter along with the required cash.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check their Kerala PG Nursing 2023 eligibility criteria before applying for Kerala Post Graduate courses in Nursing:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin.
- The applicant who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained their B.Sc Nursing.
- Degree from any of the Nursing Colleges/Schools in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for Communal/PD reservation advantages.
- The aspirants who are Non-Keralite but have been a resident of Kerala for not less than 5 years are also not eligible for communal/PD reservation advantages.
The upper age limit for General Merit aspirants will be 46 years and for Service candidates 49 years as on the date of notification of inviting application.
- The applicant who has passed their Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing of Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi or Kannur University and KUHS or regular course of other universities recognized by KUHS, after acquiring General Nursing and Midwifery Course with 10+2 Science Subject.
- Only candidates who have passed their regular Post Basic B.Sc. The nursing degree program will be eligible for admission. (Distance/Correspondence Degree course isn't eligible for MSc Nursing).
- The candidate must have obtained registration with the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council and a copy of the registration certificate is to be submitted at the time of submission of application.
- The aspirant who has studied outside Kerala will have to submit a copy of the registration certificate of the concerned Nursing Council of the state from where they have qualified, along with their registration form.
- The selected candidates would produce their registration certificate in original obtained from Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have passed their B.Sc. Degree in Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (Regular Course) from Universities outside Kerala and any of the Deemed Universities ought to turn out the equivalency certificate from any of the Universities/school in Kerala, at the time of counselling.
- The experience of one year acquired by the candidates after registration from the respective State
Nursing Councils within or outside Kerala, following successful completion of B Sc Nursing course, will only be counted for the experience.
- The period undergone by a candidate for finishing the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course will not be reckoned for the experience. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is essential.
- Candidates have to upload the certificate to prove their experience along with the online application/registration form.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidate must check the exam pattern before starting the preparation of the entrance exam
Kerala Nursing PG 2023 Question Paper Format
|Mode||CBT(Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||MCQ(Multiple choice questions)|
(+4) for every right answer
(-1) for every wrong answer
Section-wise distribution of marks for Kerala PG Nursing
Kerala Post Graduate courses in the Nursing distribution of marks
|Subject (Topic)||Number of Questions|
|Basic Science (Anatomy)||06|
|Basic Science (Physiology & Biochemistry)||10|
|Basic Science (Microbiology)||06|
|Basic Science (Nutrition)||04|
|Basic Science (Psychology)||06|
|Basic Science (Sociology)||06|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing including Pharmacology and Pathology||44|
|Community Health Nursing||20|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing||14|
|Child Health Nursing||16|
|Research & Statistics||4+2|
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Admit Card
The Admit Card/Hall Ticket for the Entrance Examination of Kerala PG Nursing can be downloaded from the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
- The applicant will have to enter their Application Number and Password provided in the application form to download the Hall Ticket.
- The candidate will have to take a printout of the admit card for further purposes.
- Admit cards/Hall Tickets will not be sent by post from the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Important details like the venue of the examination and timetable will be provided in the admit card.
- The defects in the applications/registration will be displayed on the homepage of the candidate while attempting to download the admit card by giving their Application Number and Password.
- Defects if any, would be rectified within the dates specified in the notification about the download of admit cards.
- All the candidates whose application has been accepted must download their admit card well in advance.
- An aspirant who does not possess the Admit Card will not be admitted to the Examination Hall
under any circumstances.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Answer Key
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations(CEE)will publish the “Answer Key” of the PG Nursing Entrance Examination, Kerala-2023 on the official website of the CEE.
- If an applicant has any complaint regarding the answer key/questions, the same would be submitting to the CEE, in writing along with supporting documents and a fee of Rs. 300/- for each question or answer key being challenged, by way of DD in favour of Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram, within the notified time from the date of publication of answer keys on the website of the CEE.
- If the complaint is found genuine, the fee remitted while filing the complaint will be refunded. Complaints received after the stipulated date and without the requisite fee will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Complaints received by E-mail/Fax will not be considered/seen on any account.
- All complaints on the answer key received will be referred to a subject expert committee to be constituted by the CEE.
- The recommendations of the Committee will be final. Necessary modifications will be made
in the published answer keys based on the recommendations of the Committee.
- An individual reply will not be given to the applicant on the decision of the committee.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Result
Kerala PG Result for Service Quota candidates and General quota candidates will be displayed on the official website individually.
- The applicant will have to select the correct file to view their scores.
- Upon clicking the file an aspirant will observe Serial Number, Roll Number, Name, Score and Rank.
- The validity of the result will be up to the cut of the date set by the Indian Nursing Council for admission to the M Sc Nursing programme.
- After the result, the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) will be done online to give allotment to the PG Nursing courses under General and Service quotas.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
The Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) will be done online to give allotment to the PG Nursing courses under General and Service quotas by the CEE(Commissioner for Entrance Examinations).
- It will be a Single Window System (SWS) of Allotment based on the options submitted online by the aspirant.
- The applicant would be allowed to exercise their option for individual specialities /colleges as per their ranks in the entrance examination.
- The allotment of courses/colleges for the General Merit and reservation categories will be strictly following the rank list and category lists scored through the entrance exam.
Documents in original to be submitted at the time of Admission
- Allotment Memo issued by CEE
- Date of birth certificate
- Passing degree Certificate
- Qualifying examination Mark list
- Permanent Registration Certificate from Kerala Nurses & Midwives Council.
- Experience Certificate.
- Certificate of Eligibility/Equivalency certificate from KUHS for candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from universities outside Kerala.
- Transfer Certificate
- Required bond duly filled up and signed by candidates and sureties.
- Service Certificate (if applicable)
- Order of relief (in the case of service candidates).
- Originals of all the uploaded documents / Certificates.
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Reservation Criteria
The seats are reserved for various category students in both the Government College and Self Financing Colleges. The seats are also reserved for the State Merit candidates also and apart from that, some seats are reserved for Service Quota in Government Colleges. The reservation is given below.
|Category||Percentage||No. of seats in Govt.|
|State Merit (SM)||66%||86|
|Persons with disabilities (PD)||5%||6|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%||3|
|Socially and Educationally|
Backward Communities (SEBC)
|Service Quota (SQ)||10%||13|
Kerala PG Nursing 2023 Highlights
Given below the major points of Kerala Post Graduate Nursing:
|Exam Name||Kerala PG Nursing 2023|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner for Entrance Exam|
|Kerala PG Nursing exam Official Website||http://www.cee-kerala.org|
|Courses offered||M.Sc Nursing course|
|Purpose of Exam||To offer admission to various M.Sc Nursing course|
About Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
The Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations was established in 1983 as a separate set up for the conduct of Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Courses in the State as per G.O.(Ms) No.31/83/H.End. dated 19.02.1983. The Higher Education Department in the Secretariat is functioning as the administrative department of the Commisionerate of Entrance Examinations. The Commissionerate has been conducting thirteen Entrance Examinations, both for Undergraduate and Post Graduate Professional Courses. Of these examinations conducted in a time-bound manner and catering to the needs of the aspirants of Professional Courses, the Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Examinations (KEAM) is the major one in which near about one lakh seventy thousand candidates participate every year. The other courses for which the CEE conducts Entrance Examinations are Three year LLB, Five Year LLB, LLM, MD Homoeo, MDS, MD Ayurveda, M Sc Nursing, PG Medical and PG Super Speciality.