KMAT 2020 date is to be announced & the application form filling process has been extended until 30 September 2020. The exam will be conducted by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) for admission to 189+ AICTE approved/ University affiliated Management Institutes in Bangalore and Karnataka. Whereas, Karnataka Management Aptitude Test is conducted yearly. Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2020 is a State Level entrance exam conducted for admission in MBA/PGDM and MCA courses. Almost 170 University-affiliated B-schools and approx 60 MCA colleges accept KMAT Score in Bangalore and Karnataka. The applicants can go through the full article to know more about the KMAT Karnataka exam.
- Application Form for KMAT 2020 is available on the official website.
- The candidates can apply until 30 September 2020.
- KMAT 2020 is schedueld to be held in the last week of October 2020.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can get the details about Karnataka KMAT 2020 Application Form in this section below:
- The registration form is available online.
- Candidates who want to take up both the MBA and the MCA test will have to register for each test separately. Two separate Hall Tickets will be issued.
- Candidates need to follow the given steps to complete the online registration process:
- Candidate Profile Registration
- Online Application Fee Payment
- Signature and Photo Uploading
- Filling exam centre details
- Profile Verification
- Confirming Application Details and taking out a print out of the Application Form.
- Applicants must have a scanned copy of Passport Size Photograph (Max 500 Kb) and Signature (200 kb).
- After completion of the form, filling must get the printout of it for future use.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Application Fee
After successful registration, candidates have to pay the registration fee which is same for all category candidates.
Karnataka KMAT Registration Fee 2020
|All category candidates||Rs 800/-|
Mode of Payment: Application fee can be paid via online mode (Credit/Debit Cards or Net Banking) only.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to ensure their eligibility before they apply for the exam. KMAT(Karnataka Management Aptitude Test) Eligibility is mentioned below:
- Nationality Criteria: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Domicile: The candidates must be a native of Karnataka state.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final exams of their Graduation will also be eligible to appear in the exam.
- The minimum marks requirement for different courses are given below:
- Candidate with Bachelor’s degree of minimum of 3 years duration. or Master’s degree exam from recognised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, with minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidate).
- Final year bachelor’s graduates can also apply for this exam.
- Bachelor's degree graduates with 50% marks can apply for this exam.
- Applicants must have Maths at their class 12 stage or at graduation level.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Admit Card
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Admit Card Hall Ticket will be released in the month of October 2020 on the official website of Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA).
- Candidates can download their KMAT Admit Card online.
- They will have to enter their application number & Date of Birth to download their admit card.
- Only those candidates will be able to download the admit card, who will submit their online application form within the time.
- Furthermore, candidates must carry their admit card and a valid photo ID proof to the exam centre.
Karnataka KMAT Test Centres
The exam centres are as follows:
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The details about the KMAT Kerala 2020 Exam Pattern are as follows:
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Duration: Total duration of the paper will be 2 hours.
- Type of Questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQ type)
- Sections: Three sections in the entrance test.
- Number of Questions: Total of 120 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
For MBA (Question Paper scheme):
Below table shows the section-wise number of questions:
Section Wise Division Of Questions for Karnataka KMAT 2020
Number of Questions
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Total Number of Questions
For MCA (Question Paper scheme):
The section-wise distribution of questions are mentioned in the table:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Total Number of Questions
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Syllabus
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: English language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. There would be questions on understanding of the contents of the passages and choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills. This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
- Logical and Abstract Reasoning: This section shall include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The section may have questions in sets as well as individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
- Quantitative Ability: The questions in this section will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed etc. Apart from Arithmetic, the questions may also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
KMAT Karnataka Preparation Books
For covering the whole syllabus, the candidate must have some reference books that will help them for preparing for KMAT 2020 entrance exam:
Karnataka KMAT Important Books
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Quantitative Ability||O P Sinhal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination||Guha|
|Mathematics for MBA||R S Agarwal|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability||Wren and Marten|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||TIME|
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Students need to follow Karnataka KMAT Preparation Tips given below to enhance their preparation level:
- Candidates must have full knowledge of exam pattern and syllabus.
- Students need to improve their awareness of the latest news through television, newspaper, internet, news apps etc.
- Students must give mock tests regularly to check their preparation level.
- The candidates must make short notes of every topic to revise the previously studied topic conveniently.
- Follow a proper time- table.
- The students also need to take care of their diet and have an adequate amount of rest.
- Candidates need to give equal time to all subjects and focus more on that subject in which they find difficult.
- They need to practice yoga or meditation to manage stress.
- The candidates must study from books by famous authors.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Result
The KMAT(Karnataka Management Aptitude Test) 2020 result details are below in the list:
- Karnataka KMAT 2020 Result will be declared online on the official website of KPPGCA.
- The KMAT result 2020 will be declared by the Third week of August 2020.
- Candidates will be required to enter their login credentials to check their result.
- The candidates will be given the admission based on the marks scored by them.
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Counselling
The KMAT(Karnataka Management Aptitude Test) 2020 counselling details are given below in the points:
- Candidates will be called for Karnataka KMAT 2020 Counselling based on an order of their names in the rank list. The rank list will be prepared based on marks secured by the candidates.
- It will be organized by the board, after the result declaration & cut-off marks. Qualified candidates will be able to make the selection of college/institute during the counselling process.
- The counselling process of KMAT 2020 will be conducted as per the selection criteria of various participating institutes. Candidates will also appear for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
Documents Required for Karnataka Management Aptitude Test 2020
For the document verification process, candidates must take the following documents.
- 10th mark-sheet certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Character certificate
- KMAT Karnataka 2020 Admit Card
- KMAT Karnataka 2020 Score Card
Karnataka KMAT 2020 Highlights
The summary of the KMAT exam is given below in the table:
Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (Karnataka KMAT 2020)
Exam conducting body
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)
State Level entrance exam
MBA/PGDM and MCA course
Offline Mode (Pen and Paper-based test)
Admission in MBA/PGDM and MCA course offered by KPPGCA
Stay connected for more updates regarding KMAT 2020.
About Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association
KPPGCA was established in 2003 to provide proactive support to professional education and facilitate streamline admission to postgraduate professional courses, viz., MBA, PGDM and MCA. There are 169+ member Business Schools of Karanataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association located across Karnataka which are affiliated to respective universities in the state.
About Karnataka Management Aptitude Test
KMAT 2020 is an All India exam that will be held in more than 10 cities all across the country and is open to candidates from all parts of India and Abroad. Candidates who want to take admission in MBA programme in Karnataka will have to qualify any of these entrance test (KMAT, CMAT and CAT). MAT score will not be considered for admission in MBA programmes in Karnataka. The Application Form of Karnataka KMAT 2020 will be available by the last week of May 2020.
KMAT is a standardised test being administered since 2003 to facilitate Post Graduate Institutions to screen candidates for admission to MBA, PGDM ad MCA courses. Any PG institution within the state of Karnataka can consider the KMAT score as an admission input based on the scorecards issued to the qualified applicants. It is important to know that a high KMAT score alone is not enough to guarantee admission to an MBA, PGDM or MCA program.