KVAFSU PG 2021 or Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University Post Graduation Entrance Exam will be conducted in October 2021 tentatively by Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University. Candidates can apply online mode. The Written Entrance Exam will be organised to offers Post Graduate Degree program in Veterinary and Animal Sciences at four constituent veterinary colleges at Bidar, Bengaluru, Shivamogga and Hassan. Besides this, postgraduate courses in various disciplines of Dairy Science & Fisheries Science are offered at Dairy Science College, Bengaluru and College of Fisheries, Mangaluru. The candidates must go through the complete article to know more about KVAFSU PG 2021 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling etc.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates and events regarding the KVAFSU 2021 PG admission form the below-given table:
KVAFSU PG 2021 Schedule
|Application Form Available||9 August 2021|
|Last date for Submission||20 September 2021|
|Written Test||5 October 2021|
|First counselling cum admission ||12 October 2021|
|Announcement of list of selected candidate for Master Programme||16 October 2021|
KVAFSU PG 2021 Application Form
KVAFSU PG application form 2021 will be available online (official website of the University) from August 2021. Check below-given details:
- Candidates must fill all the details in the application form very carefully.
- Candidates will also be required to upload scanned images of their photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Finally, candidates will be required to take out a print out of submitted application form for further process of admission.
How to Apply for KVAFSU PG 2021?
Simple steps to apply online are mentioned below:
- Download the information bulletin from the official website and read it carefully.
- Download sample application and fill the online application form.
- Upload photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression & self-declaration.
- Candidates can pay fees through e-payment only.
Uploading the scanned copies of the candidate’s photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and self-declaration.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s photo, signature, and candidates left-hand thumb impression.
- images should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- All the scanned copies of images size should not be more than 40KB.
- Photo image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm only.
- Signature and left-hand thumb impression image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
KVAFSU PG Application Fee
Details about the application fee amount to be paid by candidates belonging to different categories are given in the table hereby:
KVAFSU PG 2021 Enrollment Fee
Amount (in Rs.)
General / Unreserved Category
SC / ST / Reserved Category
The vital information regarding KVAFSU PG 2021 Application fee is given below.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to carefully go through the KVAFSU PG eligibility criteria 2021 before they start filling the application form. Details about eligibility criteria are provided hereby:
- Candidate should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the respective subject from a recognized Institute/ University
- General category candidates must have at least 6.0/10 or equivalent percentage of and SC/ST/Cat-I must have at least 5.5/10 or equivalent marks in their bachelor’s.
- Candidate for master degree programme should have Indian citizenship and must have studied in any of the educational institutions in Karnataka State for at least seven years at any time up to the Bachelor degree as on 1st July of the admission year ( Not applicable to candidates who are GOK, GOI, ICAR nominees, NRIs and Foreign Nationals).
KVAFSU PG 2021 Seat Reservations
Reservation of seats in favour of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Category-I and Other Backward Categories will be ensured as per the reservation policy of the Government of Karnataka. For Foreign Nationals (FN) / Non - Resident Indians (NRIs) / NRI – sponsored candidates to Masters / Doctoral programmes few seats are reserved for admission.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the KVAFSU PG 2021 Exam Pattern below:
- Questions Type - Multiple Objective Type
- Number of Questions - 100 Questions
- Duration of Exam - 120 Minutes
- Marking Scheme - Each question will carry 1.0 mark
KVAFSU PG 2021 Admit Card
KVAFSU PG 2021 Admit Card will be released by the conducting authority and must be downloaded by all the applicants and undermentioned guidelines must be followed;
- KVAFSU PG Hall Ticket 2021 will be available on the official website of the Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University.
- Candidates will have to download their admit card from the official website.
- Also, no candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam without their admit card.
- Furthermore, they need to keep their admit card safely with them for all the future reference.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Result
KVAFSU will publish the Merit list of various Master and Doctoral Degree courses on its official website. The applicants can check the result by clicking on the direct link which will be provided there on the page. The selection of the candidates for various Master and Doctoral Degree courses will be done based on the merit list.
Mode of selection for PG Programs
The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of performance of the candidates as per the following scheme of evaluation:
|Aggregate in weightage in Bachelor degree||50|
|ICAR / JRF qualified candidates||2|
|Distinction - University Medals / Sports and Cultural activities||5|
|PWD/Anglo-Indians/Scouts & Guides/ Children of Ex-Servicemen / Defence personnel / NCC – B Certificate||3|
- Candidates who secure more than 50% of total marks as calculated above will only be called for counselling, while SC/ST/Cat-I candidates securing less than 35% marks shall not be called for
KVAFSU PG 2021 Counselling
On the basis of the merit list in the written test the candidates will be called for the counselling process.
- In this process, the candidates will have to provide documents for verification purposes.
- It is mandatory for the selected candidates to carry all the necessary documents with them at the counselling centre on the scheduled date.
- At the time of counselling, the selected candidates will have to pay the admission fee.
- In case if the selected candidates didn’t appear at the counselling place then they automatically forfeit their claim for the admission.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Scholarships
One University Resident Merit scholarship (URMS) shall be awarded in each of the subjects under the Master's Programs. The merits candidates will be given Rs 800/- per month in each Academic year as a scholarship. It is restricted only to those students who have graduated from the University Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru / Dharwad and KVAFSU, Bidar. However, Departmental and sponsored candidates who are drawing salaries are not eligible for URMS.
KVAFSU PG 2021 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the KVAFSU PG exam:
Name of the exam
Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University Post Graduation (KVAFSU PG)
Exam conducting body
Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University
University level entrance exam
Post Graduation Courses
Admission in Post Graduation courses in various disciplines of Dairy Science & Fisheries Science offered by Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University
Stay connected for Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University Post Graduation 2021 [KVAFSU PG ENTRANCE EXAM]exam conducted by Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University.