Karnataka PGCET 2020 has been postponed & the new dates are 06 & 07 October 2020. The Admit Card for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be available soon. It is being conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) at the state-level for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates to 1st year / 1st-semester full time / part-time MBA / MCA / M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Arch courses and for admission to 2nd-year Lateral Entry to MCA Course in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka which will be notified by the Government of Karnataka for the year 2020-21.
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 is scheduled to be held on 06 & 07 October 2020.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card must be carefully preserved by the candidate as it will act as an entry ticket in the examination hall. Also, the admit card will be required at the time of counselling and admission process. Candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode from the official website of the authority. Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card
would be made available in the third or fourth week of June 2020.
- The admit card will be available for candidate on the official website www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Download Karnataka PGCET admit card.
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Download it and take a printout of admit card for future assistance.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Along with the Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admission Ticket/hall ticket candidate has to carry anyone valid Identity Card like College Identity Card, Bus Pass, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below which has all the details like; mode of examination, duration of the examination, a number of type of questions asked language in which the exam can be taken by the students etc.
PGCET 2020 Exam Scheme
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
120 minutes (2 hours)
No. of Questions asked
100 (For every courses)
Type of Questions
NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
100 – MBA
100 – MCA
100 – ME/MTech/MArch
3 – MBA
3 or 4 - MCA
2 – ME/MTech/March
Section-wise division of marks and questions
ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch
Download Karnataka PGCET 2020 Information Brochure Pdf
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Syllabus
For MBA: The Syllabus of MBA will consist of questions from English grammar, vocabulary and literature section. There will also be a question from General Knowledge, Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
For MCA: The MCA syllabus will consist of questions from General Awareness, General English, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and Mathematics.
For ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch: The Syllabus for this course will vary as per the branches chosen by the candidates. 60 questions will be from the technical syllabus and remaining will be from Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result
Check the result details below in the given points:
- Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result will be announced on 12 August 2020 (tentative).
- Candidate will be able to access the result using their registration number to login to the result page.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks gained by the candidates in the exam.
- A different merit list will be prepared and published for the entire offered program courses along with separate lists for different courses.
- Candidates will be invited for the counselling process according to their ranks in the merit list.
Valid GATE score
GATE score of 2018, 2019 and 2020 will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result. If the GATE score is above the qualifying marks, the candidate shall be eligible to apply for M.E. /M. Tech. courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form
Students will be able to fill Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Form in online mode from the official website. The application form is available at www.kea.kar.nic.in from 15 June 2020 till 07 July 2020. The process of applying for Karnataka PGCET includes following steps:
Registration: Provide name, email id, phone number, DOB, gender for the Online Registration for Karnataka PGCET.
- Filling Online Application Form: Fill in all the mandatory details such as Course applied for, Caste, Category, Details of Qualifying Examination, Program Type, Claim for Reservation and Communication details.
- Uploading of Documents: Upload Signature, Photograph and Left-hand thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Declaration and Submission of Application Form
- Payment of Application Fee: The fee has to be paid by generating challan.
- Printout of Filled Application Form: Take the printout for future correspondence.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Application Fee
The submission of the application form will be complete only after the successful submission of the application fee. The fees can be paid in offline mode by submitting the generated challan in the banks specified for the payment.
General & OBC Candidate
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For MBA Full-time & Part-time
- Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
- Part-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (+) must have worked for not less than 3 years as on 31 July 2020
- Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka candidates.
- Rounding off aggregate per cent is not permitted.
For MCA Full-time & Lateral Entry to 2 year MCA
- Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree with Math/ Stats/ Comp. Sci./ Comp. App./ Comp. Prog./ Business Math/ Business Stats (any one subject) (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Lateral Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in BCA/ B.Sc(I.T./ Comp. Sci)\(+) Math in 10+2/ Graduate level(+)50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
For ME/ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Full-time & Part-time
- Full-time: Valid GATE Score (OR) Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years(+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
- Part-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (+) must have worked for not less than 3 years as on J31 July 2020
- Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka candidates.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Highlights
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
Admission to Government / University/ Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in Karnataka
Mode of exam
Duration of test
Language of test