Karnataka PGCET 2021 will be conducted in July 2021 tentatively by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) at the state-level for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates to 1st year / 1st-semester full time / part-time MBA / MCA / M.E. / M. Tech. / M. Arch courses and for admission to 2nd-year Lateral Entry to MCA Course in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka which will be notified by the Government of Karnataka for the year 2021.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can find important dates related to Karnataka PGCET 2021 from the given table:
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Important Dates
|Release of Karnataka PGCET 2021 notification||15 June 2021|
|Karnataka PGCET Registration 2021 begins||15 June 2021|
|Last day to fill Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2021||07 July 2021|
|Karnataka PGCET 2021 Form Correction||July 2021|
|Issue of Karnataka PGCET Admit Card||Fourth week of June 2021|
|Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Date|
July 2021 (M.Tech/M.E/M.Arch)
July 2021 (MBA/MCA)
|Declaration of Karnataka PGCET Result ||August 2021|
|Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2021|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form
Students will be able to fill Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form in online mode from the official website. The application form will be available at www.kea.kar.nic.in from 15 June 2021 till 07 July 2021 tentatively. The process of applying for Karnataka PGCET includes following steps:
Registration: Provide name, email id, phone number, DOB, gender for the Online Registration for Karnataka PGCET.
- Filling Online Application Form: Fill in all the mandatory details such as Course applied for, Caste, Category, Details of Qualifying Examination, Program Type, Claim for Reservation and Communication details.
- Uploading of Documents: Upload Signature, Photograph and Left-hand thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Declaration and Submission of Application Form
- Payment of Application Fee: The fee has to be paid by generating challan.
- Printout of Filled Application Form: Take the printout for future correspondence.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Fee
The submission of the application form will be complete only after the successful submission of the application fee. The fees can be paid in offline mode by submitting the generated challan to the banks specified for the payment.
General & OBC Candidate
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For MBA Full-time & Part-time
- Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
- Part-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (+) must have worked for not less than 3 years as of 31 July 2020
- Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka candidates.
- Rounding off aggregate per cent is not permitted.
For MCA Full-time & Lateral Entry to 2 year MCA
- Full-time: Bachelor’s Degree with Math/ Stats/ Comp. Sci./ Comp. App./ Comp. Prog./ Business Math/ Business Stats (any one subject) (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- Lateral Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in BCA/ B.Sc(I.T./ Comp. Sci)\(+) Math in 10+2/ Graduate level(+)50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
For ME/ M.Tech./ M.Arch. Full-time & Part-time
- Full-time: Valid GATE Score (OR) Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years(+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
- Part-time: Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years (+) 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ Category-I of Karnataka candidates) (+) must have worked for not less than 3 years as of J31 July 2020
- Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka candidates.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result
Check the result details below in the given points:
- Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result will be announced soon.
- The candidate will be able to access the result using their registration number to login to the result page.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks gained by the candidates in the exam.
- A different merit list will be prepared and published for the entire offered program courses along with separate lists for different courses.
- Candidates will be invited for the counselling process according to their ranks in the merit list.
Valid GATE score
GATE score of 2019, 2020 and 2021 will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result. If the GATE score is above the qualifying marks, the candidate shall be eligible to apply for M.E. /M. Tech. courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling
The notification of counselling will release on the official website. Counselling will be done online on the basis of the merit list. If a candidate does not appear in the Counselling Process, then his / her seat will be cancelled. Candidates are advised to bring the following documents on the day of the counselling/admission for verification & seat allotment purpose:
- PGCET 2021 admission ticket
- Printout of Application Form
- Copy of Challan for having paid the fees
- SSLC Mark sheet
- II PUC Marks sheet
- Study certificate (to show that student has studied a minimum period of seven years n Karnataka)
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Degree certificate/provisional degree certificate/course completion certificate
- Caste/Caste income certificate
- Two recent photograph
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer key
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer Key has been released within a few days after the completion of the entrance exam. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website of KEA.
Candidates can also file their objections regarding the answers within three days after publishing the answer key along with supporting documents and justification. The key will be renounced by officials after three days of the examination.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Objection Answer Key will be released on 22 October 2021 tentatively. A merit list will be produced for different courses as per of marks of the students obtained in the PGCET exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card must be carefully preserved by the candidate as it will act as an entry ticket in the examination hall. Also, the admit card will be required at the time of the counselling and admission process. Candidates will be able to download the admit card online mode from the official website of the authority. Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
would be made available in the third or fourth week of June 2021 tentatively.
- The admit card will be available for a candidate on the official website www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Download Karnataka PGCET admit card
- Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Download it and take a printout of admit card for future assistance.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Along with the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admission Ticket/hall ticket candidate has to carry anyone valid Identity Card like College Identity Card, Bus Pass, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern is mentioned below which has all the details like; mode of examination, duration of the examination, a number of type of questions asked language in which the exam can be taken by the students etc.
PGCET 2021 Exam Scheme
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
120 minutes (2 hours)
No. of Questions asked
100 (For every course)
Type of Questions
No Negative Marking
Medium of examination
100 – MBA
100 – MCA
100 – ME/MTech/MArch
3 – MBA
3 or 4 - MCA
2 – ME/MTech/March
Section-wise division of marks and questions
ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus
For MBA: The Syllabus of MBA will consist of questions from English grammar, vocabulary and literature section. There will also be a question from General Knowledge, Reasoning and General Intelligence and Quantitative analysis.
For MCA: The MCA syllabus will consist of questions from General Awareness, General English, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and Mathematics.
For ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch: The Syllabus for this course will vary as per the branches chosen by the candidates. 60 questions will be from the technical syllabus and the remaining will be from Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Centres
Given below are exam centres for Karnataka PGCET 2021:
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Important Links
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Highlights
The aspirants can check below in the table Karnataka PGCET 2021 highlights:
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
Admission to Government / University/ Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in Karnataka
Mode of exam
Duration of test
Language of test
KEA PGCET Official website
About Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
Government of Karnataka established Common Entrance Test Cell in 1994 for conducting the entrance test and determining the eligibility/merit, for admission to the first year of full-time professional courses for Government share of seats in Medical, Dental, Indian systems of medicine and Homeopathy, Engineering/Architecture Courses, Farm Science i.e, B.sc. (Agriculture), B.sc. (Sericulture), B.sc (Horticulture), B.sc(Forestry), B.sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc.(Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science & Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri.Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D Courses.