LPUNEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by its conducting authority - Lovely Professional University (LPU), Jalandhar. LPU National Entrance and Scholarship Test is a University Level examination. Through LPU NEST 2020, candidates will get admission into Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programmes in various disciplines such as Engineering, Management, Design, Hotel Management, Law, Pharmacy, Agriculture, Journalism, Architecture and many more. Both Foreign Nationals as well as National candidates (if eligible) can apply for the exam. Applicants can go through the article to know more about LPUNEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
LPUNEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It should be notified that the LPUNEST 2020 eligibility criteria vary for each course offered by the LPU University. There are a basic set of parameters that are asked by the University to be fulfilled by the candidates before they apply for the LPUNEST Registration 2020
. The LPUNEST eligibility criteria for 2020-21 session is mentioned below in detail.
LPUNEST Eligibility for B.Tech
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech/B. Tech (Lateral Entry) is given hereby:
LPUNEST Eligibility for B.Tech
|Nationality||Applicants should be an Indian National.|
Candidates should have passed 10+2 final examination from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE, New Delhi) or State Board or any Institution/college recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as eligible to apply for the exam.
If candidates are appearing in the final examination of 10+2 in 2020 are also eligible for the test.
|Eligibility criteria in the Qualifying Examination|
Candidates should have passed with Physics, Mathematics and English* subjects in qualifying the examination and secure a minimum 60% aggregate marks.
- For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, English & either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology.
- For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) and B.Tech. (Petroleum Engineering) - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as passing subjects.
LPUNEST Eligibility for MBA
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian National.
- Qualifying Examination
- Candidates have completed Bachelor's Degree or are appearing in the final examination of Graduation from University/Institution/college recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
For MBA, MBA (Hons., Financial Markets, Supply Chain & Logistics, International Business, Hospital & Healthcare Management, Tourism & Hospitality)
- Candidates have passed Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) or equivalent with 55% aggregate marks
- Candidates who have completed Company Secretary (CS) from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) or Completed Chartered Accountancy (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Completed Cost & Management Accountancy (CMA) from Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) are also eligible.
For MBA (Business Analytics)
- Candidates must have secured at least 55% aggregate marks in B.E. or B.Tech. (any discipline) or B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) or B.Sc. (Maths) or B.A. (Economics or Math or Statistics) or Pass in B.Com or B.Com (Hons.) or BBA or BCA or equivalent, subject to qualifying LPUNEST 2020
- Candidates have completed Company Secretary (CS) from Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) or Completed Chartered Accountancy (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) or Completed Cost & Management Accountancy (CMA) from Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) can also apply for the LPUNEST 2020.
NOTE: In case the candidate falls in both categories mentioned below, then only one relaxation ineligibility will be given.
- North-East States and Sikkim candidates/Defence Personnel and their Dependents/Wards of Kashmiri Migrants will get a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks of MBA & B.Tech.
- 10% relaxation in aggregate marks of MBA & B.Tech will be provided to outstanding Sports Persons (i.e. A/A+ category as per Sports Scholarship), will be verified from Selection committee of the University.
Eligibility for LPU Scholarship without Entrance Test
In addition to LPUNEST, Scholarship is also available based on:
- Candidates who scores minimum 70% percentage in academics.
- Minimum 80% percentile in CAT/XAT are also eligbile.
- Minimum 85% percentile in MAT/NMA/CMA are also eligibile.
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R & D, Co-curricular, Social Service, Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependents
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship for Person with Certain Disability