MUCMET 2021 will be conducted by Mumbai University. It is also known as Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test. The exam is organised once a year at the university level for providing the admission to the candidates in BMS-MBA course. The exam is conducted in offline mode, question paper is divided into 4 basic sections are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical / Abstract Reasoning, General Awareness. Those candidates who completed Class 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks through offline mode. The candidates can go through the complete article below to know more about the MUCMET 2021 Application process, Exam Pattern, etc.
MUCMET 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates related to MUCMET 2021.
|Application start date||1st week of May 2021|
|Application last date||3rd week of May 2021|
|Admit card release date||To be announced|
|Exam date||3rd week of June 2021|
|Result date||To be announced|
MUCMET 2021 Application Form
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility for the exam before filling the form. The applicants can check the MUCMET 2021 Application Form below in the given points:
- The application form for MUCMET 2021 will be available on the official website i.e https://old.mu.ac.in/student-section/admission/ . But the mode of form filling is offline.
- Candidates need to download the application form from the information brochure which is available on the website and need to carry it to the Mumbai University, Thane Campus.
- They have to fill the application form at the campus only.
- Also, must carry the scanned copy of the mandatory documents like certificates of the qualifying examination.
- Must carry passport size photograph to affix it on the form.
MUCMET 2021 Application Fee
Get the details regarding the MUCMET 2021 Application Fee below:
MUCMET 2021 Examination Fee
|Unreserved category ||Rs. 500/-|
|Reserved Category||Rs. 250/-|
Documents Required for Filling up MUCMET Application Form 2021
Candidates should keep the following documents ready before filling up the form:
- Recent passport size photograph
- Class X and XII mark sheets
- Date of birth certificate
- Photo ID proof
Mode of Payment -
- Offline - Via DD of any Nationalised bank in favour of " Finance and Accounts Officer, University of Mumbai".
Note - For any assistance, please contact:
University of Mumbai, Thane Sub Campus,
Behind Runwal Garden City,
Ram Maruti Nagar, Balkum
Thane (West) – 400608
MUCMET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates can check the MUCMET 2021 Eligibility Criteria below;
- Must have Higher Secondary School Certificate / Intermediate (10+2) or it's an equivalent certificate from a recognized Board/university/institute.
- Should have a minimum 45% aggregate for General categories (40% aggregate in case of Reserved category) from Science, Commerce, Arts or any other stream/discipline.
- Should not be more than the age of 20 years as of 21 June 2020 in case of UR candidates and for Reserved and PwD categories maximum age is 22 years.
MUCMET 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can check the MUCMET 2021 Admit card details hearby:
- The MUCMET Hall Ticket will be available on the official site of the competent authority.
- A prescribed format of Admit card will be given in the information brochure and candidates will have to carry the print of admit card with their recent Passport-size photographs affixed on it to the examination centre.
- The details about the conduct of the exam and examination centre will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Also, must carry the original ID proof along with the Admit Card to the exam hall for verification purposes.
MUCMET 2021 Exam Pattern
MUCMET 2021 Exam Scheme is mentioned below. The candidates must check to fetch good score in the exam.
- Type of Questions - Multiple Choice – Objective Questions
- Exam Mode - Pen Paper Mode
- Number of Questions - 50 Questions
- Duration of Exam - 120 Minutes
- Maximum Marks - 100 Marks
- Sections - 4 Sections
- Marking Scheme - 1 mark and for each incorrect answer and -0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
The candidates must keep the following in mind:
- Only blue or black ballpoint pen is to be used for answering the questions
- All questions are compulsory and there is no sectional-cutoff
- The blank page in the test booklet must be used to do rough work. No rough work is allowed on the answer sheet.
- Any extra pencil or pen marking, incompletely or incorrectly filled circles, multiple (more than one) answers, scratching, over-writing, tick-marking etc. is not allowed
MUCMET 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for MUCMET 2021 are as follows:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:
- Sentence completion
- Choice of appropriate words
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Numerical calculations
- Arithmetic problems
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Interpretation of numerical tables
- Logical / Abstract Reasoning:
- Work on Data Interpretation
- Questions based on figures, graphs, diagrams
- General Awareness:
- Current Affairs
- General Knowledge
MUCMET 2021 Important Books
List of books for MUCMET preparation is mentioned below so that candidates can able to cover all important topics:-
|Author Name||Books Name|
|Arun Sharma||How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT|
|Sarvesh K Verma||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests For Admission into IIMs|
|Nishit K. Sinha||Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT |
|R. S. Aggarwal||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Nishit K. Sinha||Logical Reasoning for CAT|
| Arun Sharma||How To prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT|
MUCMET 2021 Result
The Result of MUCMET is published in pdf format after the commencement of Entrance Test on the official website of the Thane campus.
- Candidates can easily check their result which consists of details such as candidates name, seat number, category of candidate, and the remark will be mentioned.
- MUCMET Result will be prepared based on marks in the common entrance test.
- The window to download scorecards will be open for a limited period hence the test takers are advised to secure a copy of their scorecard in time.
- Candidates scoring above the minimum cutoff will be invited to take admission into the BMS+MBA course.
About Mumbai University
Mumbai University was established in the year 1857 and is situated in Thane. It is one of the oldest state universities in Maharashtra and India. It offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programs as well as Diploma and certificates courses in different disciplines. It had a large number of affiliated colleges. The campus of Mumbai University also offers 5 years Integrated BMS-MBA course, to give candidates a better career approach in the department of management.