NATA 2020 new exam dates, 29 August 2020 for the first test & for 2nd test date is yet to be announced. National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) is conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture) to offer admission in B.Arch courses in various Universities/colleges/ Institutes. NATA is held twice in a year in the month of April and May. National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2020 (NATA 2020) is a national level entrance examination. To get more information related to NATA 2020 such as Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card and many more, read the article given below.
Important Note: As per the Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, qualifying in an aptitude test in Architecture is mandatory for admission to B.Arch. degree course. Hon’ble Madras High Court vide order dated 21.07.2003 in W.P.No.9707 of 2003, had held the aptitude test as a mandatory requirement.
NATA Latest Updates:
- For admission to BArch courses, candidates no longer need to match any minimum marks requirement in class 12 board exams. The Ministry of Education has relaxed the admission criteria in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. However, candidates still need to pass class 12.
- COA has postponed the NATA 2020 first and second-round exam.
- NATA 2020 new exam dates 29 August 2020 for the first test & for 2nd test date is yet to be announced.
- Part A of the exam( drawing part )will be now held in online mode. This part will not be a paper-based drawing test but as a preferential choice type test which is to be answered on a computer/laptop.
- Also, there is a change in the Syllabus of Part A.
NATA 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can apply for either one or both the attempts of NATA, if eligible. The important dates for NATA 2020 April and NATA 2020 May exam are as follows:
NATA Exam Schedule for First Test
|Availability of information ||01 February 2020|
|Online Application commences on||01 February 2020|
|Last Date of submitting Application Form||15 April 2020 12 August 2020|
|Image Upload last date||19 April 2020 12 August 2020|
|Last date of Fee Payment||19 April 2020 12 August 2020|
|Confirmation page printing available up to||22 April 2020 12 August 2020|
20 April 2020( from 10:30 AM)
22 April 2020 (till 11:59 PM)
|Issuance of Admit Card||25 August 2020|
|Date and Time of NATA 2020 Examination||01 August 29 August 2020|
|Results Date||03 September 2020|
NATA Exam Calendar for Second Test
|Availability of information ||01 February 2020|
|Online Application commences on||01 February 2020|
|Last Date of submitting Application Form||04 May 2020 ( till 11:59 pm)|
|Image Upload last date||08 May 2020( till 11:59 pm)|
|Last date of Fee Payment||08 May 2020( till 11:59 pm)|
|Confirmation page printing available up to||11 May 2020( till 11:59 pm)|
|Correction Window||To be announced Later!|
|Issuance of Admit Card||To be announced Later!|
|Date and Time of NATA 2020 Exam||29 August 2020|
|Result Date||14 June 2020|
NATA 2020 Admit Card
CoA will release NATA 2020 Admit Card has postponed the Admit card release date for both first and second Session. Applicants are requested to follow the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Candidates have to download NATA Admit Card 2020 from the official website.
- On the exam day, candidates have to carry original identity proof such as Aadhaar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID along with admit card.
- Pen, pencils, eraser, colour pencils (No water/oil colour or crayon) and Instruments of any kind including scale are not permitted.
- Candidates may bring with them a cardboard or a clipboard on which nothing should be written.
- Candidates must show on demand the NATA 2020 Admit Card for entry to the Examination Hall. A candidate not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A photograph of the candidate and the biometric will be taken at the Centre before the candidate is indicated his seat for taking the examination. The seat will be randomly allotted to the candidate on completing the procedure.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside examination Hall will be debarred from appearing the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination is over.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
Nature of Questions and Mode of Answering is described in the pattern of the examination. Candidates can refer to the table below to get information related to NATA 2020 Exam pattern
NATA 2020 Test Pattern( April and May session)
Mode of Examination
Part A (Online)
Part B (Computer Based)
Duration of Examination
195 minutes (3 hours and 15 minutes)
Part A- First 135 minutes
Recess of 15 minutes in between
Part B- Last 45 minutes
No. of Questions asked
Part A- 3
Part B- 50
Type of Questions
PART A- Drawing (Paper & Pencil) in A4 size paper
PART B- MCQ (Objective)
PART A- 3 questions- 35 marks, 35 marks and 55 marks respectively.
PART B- 1.5 marks each
Medium of examination
PART A & PART B- 200
Below given is the table for subject wise distribution of Paper 1 and Paper 2 for both the sessions:
Section-wise Distribution of Subjects for Test 1 and Test 2
Distribution of marks
Question 1 x 35
Question 2 x 35
Question 3 x 55
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
15 x 1.5
|General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning|
35 x 1.5
NATA 2020 Syllabus
NATA 2020 Syllabus
for all the subjects is given in detail and should be followed by all the students to score a good record in the NATA 2020 Examination:
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Algebra: Definitions of A. P. and G.P.: General term: Summation of first in-terms of series ∑n, ∑n²,∑n3: Arithmetic/Geometric series, A.M., G.M. and their relation: Infinite G.P. series and its sum.
- Logarithms: Definition: General properties: Change of base.
- Matrices: Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication and multiplication of matrices. Transpose of a matrix. The determinant of a square matrix. Properties of determinants (statement only). Minor, cofactor and adjoint of a matrix. Nonsingular matrix. The inverse of a matrix. Finding the area of a triangle. Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables).
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions, and their properties.
- Coordinate geometry: Distance formula, section formula, area of a triangle, condition of co-linearity of three points in a plane. Polar coordinates, the transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa. Parallel transformation of axes, the concept of locus, elementary locus problems. The slope of a line. Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines. Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines. The distance of a point from a line. Distance between two parallel lines. Lines through the point of intersection of two lines. Equation of a circle with a given centre and radius. A condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle. Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter. Equation of tangent, normal and chord. Parametric equation of a circle. The intersection of a line with a circle. Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles.
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry: Direction cosines and direction ratios distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, a distance of a point from a plane.
- Theory of Calculus: Functions, the composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivatives of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically. Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions. Integration by parts. Integration by substitution and partial fraction. Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. The fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals. Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first-order differential equations.
- Application of Calculus: Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency. Determination of monotonicity, maxima, and minima. Differential coefficient as a measure of rate. Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration. Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines. Area of the region included between two elementary curves.
- Permutation and combination: Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Permutation of n things not all different. Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded). Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Combination of n things not all different. Basic properties. Problems involving both permutations and combinations.
- Statistics and Probability: Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution.
Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects, texture related to architecture and the built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan's Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
Syllabus for Drawing
- Understanding the Important Visual Principles in a Composition (2D or 3D) – Hierarchy, Direction, Rhythm, Balance.
- Ability to Visualize Shape, Understanding geometry and Solve Geometrical Puzzles
- Different Terminologies to Test Color Scheme Awareness, Understanding Color Theory and Knowledge
- Perception to Test Graphical Similarities and Visual System Interpretation and Other Properties
- Ability to Understand Spatial Relationship between Objects and Scenarios and to Visualize Images
- Cognitive Ability
- Perception, Memory, Attention, Recognition, etc.
NATA 2020 Preparation Tips
NATA 2020 Preparation Tips are mentioned below:
- Students must include the time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors before they start their preparation.
- Daily revision is an important aspect.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must as grasping new things and the ability to think faster and to focus will also get worse if sleep and rest are not enough.
- Give time for recreation which is an important part as it helps to release stress from time to time.
- Solving questions will give an idea of the exam pattern.
DOs & DON’Ts - NATA 2020
- Read the online instructions carefully before filling-in of the Application Form online.
- Specify all personal information, address, and date of birth correctly.
- Remember the application number, security question/answer, and password.
- Choose the examination zones correctly.
- Upload colour photograph and signature of specified size only as rest would not be accepted.
- Retain a copy of the Confirmation Page as a proof of submission of the application form.
- Follow the schedule as mentioned in the brochure and Admit Card.
- Enter the examination hall only with the Admit Card and Photo ID.
- For drawings, use pencils and coloured pencils nothing else.
- Don’t divulge the application number, security question/answer, and password to anybody.
- Don’t give wrong/unused mobile number and e-mail ID during form fill up otherwise there is a possibility of missing out on important information for which the authorities won’t be held responsible.
- Don’t upload poor quality scanned photograph and signature.
- Don't send duly filled in Confirmation Page or any document through the post to the CoA office.
- Don’t spoil the hard copy of the downloaded admit card.
- For drawings, use of crayons, water, and oil paints prohibited, only bring the above-mentioned material to the examination centre.
- Don't bring Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic gadget inside the Examination Hall.
- Don’t bring any instruments including a scale inside the Examination Hall.
NATA 2020 Result
The Results for NATA 2020 Session 1 will be released on 08 May 2020 and for session 2 is 14 June 2020. Following are some of the key points regarding the NATA 2020 Result which the candidates can follow up:
Qualifying marks for NATA 2020 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Mathematics & General Aptitude i.e. MCQ section (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
- A Candidate will not qualify in NATA 2020 unless he/ she satisfies all three conditions mentioned above.
- The validity of NATA-2020 score: The result would only be valid for the forthcoming Academic session i.e. 2020-21.
- After the results are declared, NATA cut off would be released that is the minimum marks needed to be eligible for taking admission in the Architecture programme.
NATA 2020 Counselling
NATA 2020 Counselling
will commence after the result declaration and students who have made it through the examination will be allowed to participate in the counselling and as per their choice preferences will be allotted colleges under the NATA 2020 Counselling.
- All the eligible candidates after counselling will be needed to block their seats before the last date otherwise their seat will be considered vacant and might get allotted to some other student.
- Centralized counselling would be conducted for all the candidates who have qualified the examination and shall be granted admission based on their overall performance.
NATA 2020 Application Form
NATA 2020 Application Form
has released on 01 February 2020
for both the sessions (April and May) Aspirants are requested to go through this section of the article to get information regarding the Application Form:
- The form is interactive and the fields required to be filled up are categorized in different sub-sections. The fields super-scribed with * must be filled up as they are MANDATORY, otherwise, the application will NOT get submitted.
- E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the admission process is completed otherwise students might not get all the important details.
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again.
- Ensure that the Online Application Form is filled properly with all complete details.
- Incomplete/incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from a single candidate will result in confusion leading to disqualification of the candidate.
- The last date to fill the Application form for Test 1 is 16 March 2020 and Test 2 is 04 May 2020.
NATA 2020 Application Fee
NATA 2020 Application Fee for Indian Nationals category wise:
For Single Session
For Both Sessions
NATA 2020 Application Fee for Foreign Nationals:
For Single Session
For Both Sessions
*As per the candidate's convenience, he/she may select any Mode of Payment to pay the application fee via an electronic payment gateway like debit card, credit card or net banking and follow the online instructions to complete the payment process.
Application Form Correction
Discrepancy and correction: The candidate is must fill the details correctly, It is advised to check a preview of the application before clicking the submit button. Candidates will be provided only one opportunity to correct their personal details.
How to fill the NATA 2020 application form?
The candidates have to follow the given instructions in order to successfully submit their Application Form-NATA 2020 Application Process
- Filling the details in Application Form
- Uploading the Images
- Payment of Fees
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check on the NATA 2020 Eligibility given below based on the various criteria such as educational qualification, age, category, etc. of the applicants. Candidates must go through the following article to read more about basic requirements for NATA 2020 before applying:
- Candidate must have to score at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and also at least a minimum 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least a minimum 50% marks in aggregate: (those appearing the 10+2 exam with PCM subjects in the current year may also provisionally appear in the exam.
- Qualifying in NATA 2020 does not make any kind of right or guarantee for the candidate in his/her admission to any Architecture course unless he/she has fulfilled all the requirements as specified by respective counselling and admission authorities.
Candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course.
- Qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2020
- Have gone through any of the following curricula with marks as prescribed below:
- Secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination:
- Passed 10+3 diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualifications.
Reservations under different categories
Reservations under different categories NATA 2020 is a qualifying examination for admission into the B.Arch. degree program.
- Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/ counselling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
Admission to the first year of B.Arch. Course
Qualifying in NATA 2020 does not guarantee admission. For admission, candidates must fulfil all the requirements specified by respective counselling and admission authorities.
NATA Exam Centres 2020
Find the key points regarding NATA Examination Centers:
- The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is conducted pan India along with foreign exam centre in Dubai.
- The Council of Architecture (CoA) will publish the list of NATA 2020 exam centres along with the official information brochure.
- Candidates must choose the examination city carefully as a change in examination city will NOT be entertained by organising body.
- The authorities will conduct NATA 2020 in 123 exam centres.
|Andaman and Nicobar ||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh ||Guntur|
|Himachal Pradesh ||Hamirpur|
|Jammu and Kashmir ||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Madhya Pradesh ||Bhopal|
|Tamil Nadu ||Chennai|
|Uttar Pradesh ||Agra|
|West Bengal ||Asansol|
NATA 2020 Highlights
The candidates can check NATA 2020 basic information hereby;
National Aptitude Test in Architecture Key Points
Exam Short Name
Exam Full Name
National Aptitude Test in Architecture
Council of Architecture (COA)
B.Arch Degree Courses
NATA Official website
To offer admission in B.Arch Courses across India through a centralized examination
Total Number of Colleges approved by Council of Architecture, India
465 (As per CoA January 01, 2020 List)
NATA Previous Year Statics
To answer the very important question "How many students appeared for nata 2019, 2018, 2017?" we have created a table of NATA previous year statics:
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
What is the Council of Architecture?
The Council of Architecture (COA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 01 September 1972. The Act provides for registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications and standards of practice to be complied with by the practising architects. The Council of Architecture is charged with the responsibility to regulate the education and practice of profession throughout India besides maintaining the register of architects. For this purpose, the Government of India has framed Rules and Council of Architecture has framed Regulations as provided for in the Architects Act, with the approval of Indian Government.