NATA 2022 will be held on 12 June 2022 for phase-1, 03 July 2022 for Phase-2 and 24 July 2022 for phase-3. The application form has been released on 08 April 2022. National Aptitude Test in Architecture is conducted by CoA (Council of Architecture) to offer admission in B.Arch courses in various Universities/colleges/ Institutes. National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2022 (NATA 2022) is a national-level entrance examination. To get more information related to NATA 2022 such as Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, and many more, read the article given below.
NATA 2022 Exam Status
Candidates can check the NATA 2022 exam status from the below table:
|NATA 2022 ||Application Form released|
- NATA 2022 Application Form has been released on 08 April 2022. The last date to apply for the First Test is 23 May 2022. Candidates can download here--- Apply Now.
- COA has announced the NATA 2022 exam dates on 12 March 2022. The entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 12 June 2022, 03 July 2022 and 24 July 2022.
NATA 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates for NATA 2022 are as follows:
NATA 2022 Schedule
|Events||First Test Dates||Second Test Dates||Third Test Dates|
|Online form releases on||08 April 2022||08 April 2022||08 July 2022|
|Last date to apply, upload images, pay fee, and print confirmation page||23 May 2022||20 June 2022||27th July 2022|
|Form correction window||19-23 May 2022||18-20 June 2022||22nd – 24th July 2022|
|Admit card releases on||07 June 2022||30 June 2022||4th August 2022|
12 June 2022
|03 July 2022|
7th August 2022
|NATA 2022 Result date||20 June 2022||13 July 2022||16 August 2022|
NATA 2022 Application Form
NATA 2022 Application Form has been released on the official website. Aspirants are requested to go through this section of the article to get information regarding the NATA Registration:
- The form is interactive and the fields required to be filled up are categorized in different sub-sections. The fields super-scribed with * must be filled up as they are MANDATORY, otherwise, the application will NOT get submitted.
- E-mail ID and mobile number should remain the same till the admission process is completed otherwise students might not get all the important details.
- An Email ID once used for NATA 2022 Registration online cannot be used again.
- Ensure that the Online Application Form is filled in properly with all complete details.
- Incomplete/incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from a single candidate will result in confusion leading to disqualification of the candidate.
NATA 2022 Application Fee
NATA 2022 Application Fee for Indian Nationals category wise:
For Single Session
For 2 Sessions
For 3 Sessions
NATA 2022 Application Fee for Foreign Nationals:
For Single Session
For 2 Sessions
For 3 Sessions
*As per the candidate's convenience, he/she may select any Mode of Payment to pay the application fee via an electronic payment gateway like debit card, credit card, or net banking and follow the online instructions to complete the payment process.
Application Form Correction
Discrepancy and correction: The candidate is must fill in the details correctly, It is advised to check a preview of the application before clicking the submit button. Candidates will be provided only one opportunity to correct their personal details.
How to fill the NATA 2022 application form?
- Filling the details in the Application Form
- Uploading the Images
- Payment of Fees
NATA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check on the NATA 2022 Eligibility given below based on the various criteria such as educational qualification, age, category, etc. of the applicants. Candidates must go through the following article to read more about basic requirements for NATA 2022 before applying:
- No candidate shall be admitted to the B.Arch course unless he/she has passed in the 10+2 scheme of examination with PCM subjects or pass in the 10+3 diploma in Maths.
- Qualifying in NATA 2022 does not make any kind of right or guarantee for the candidate in his/her admission to any Architecture course unless he/she has fulfilled all the requirements as specified by respective counselling and admission authorities.
Candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course.
- Qualified through the recognized aptitude test in Architecture (NATA or equivalent) in 2022
- Have gone through any of the following curricula with marks as prescribed below:
- Secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination:
- Passed 10+3 diploma examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates may note that no direct lateral admission is allowed at any other year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualifications.
Reservations under different categories
Reservations under different categories NATA 2022 is a qualifying examination for admission into the B.Arch. degree program.
- Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/counselling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
NATA 2022 Admit Card
Applicants are requested to follow the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Candidates have to download NATA Admit Card 2022 from the official website.
- On the exam day, candidates have to carry original identity proof such as Aadhaar/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter ID along with admitting card.
- Pen, pencils, eraser, color pencils (No water/oil colour or crayon), and Instruments of any kind including scale are not permitted.
- Candidates may bring with them a cardboard or a clipboard on which nothing should be written.
- Candidates must show on demand the NATA 2022 Admit Card for entry to the Examination Hall. A candidate not possessing a printout of the downloaded admit card and valid photo identity shall not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A photograph of the candidate and the biometric will be taken at the Centre before the candidate is indicated in his seat for taking the examination. The seat will be randomly allotted to the candidate on completing the procedure.
- Candidates found carrying any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those mentioned above inside the examination Hall will be debarred from appearing in the examination.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with the facilities of the Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to the cancellation of candidature.
- Without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge, no candidate will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of the examination is over.
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
Nature of Questions and Mode of Answering is described in the NATA 2022 paper pattern of the examination. Candidates can refer to the table below to get information related to NATA 2022 Exam pattern
NATA 2022 Test Pattern( April and May session)
Mode of Examination
Part A (Online)
Part B (Computer Based)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Part A- 3
Part B- 50
Type of Questions
PART A- Drawing (Paper & Pencil) in A4 size paper
PART B- MCQ (Objective)
PART A- 3 questions- 35 marks, 35 marks, and 55 marks respectively.
PART B- 1.5 marks each
Medium of examination
PART A & PART B- 200
Below given is the table for subject wise distribution of Paper 1 and Paper 2 for both the sessions:
Section-wise Distribution of Subjects for Test 1 and Test 2
Distribution of marks
Question 1 x 35
Question 2 x 35
Question 3 x 55
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
15 x 1.5
|General Aptitude & Logical Reasoning|
35 x 1.5
NATA 2022 Syllabus
NATA 2022 Syllabus
for all the subjects is given in detail and should be followed by all the students to score a good record in the NATA 2022 Examination:
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Algebra: Definitions of A. P. and G.P.: General term: Summation of first in-terms of series ∑n, ∑n²,∑n3: Arithmetic/Geometric series, A.M., G.M. and their relation: Infinite G.P. series and its sum.
- Logarithms: Definition: General properties: Change of base.
- Matrices: Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication, and multiplication of matrices. Transpose of a matrix. The determinant of a square matrix. Properties of determinants (statement only). Minor, cofactor, and adjoint of a matrix. Nonsingular matrix. The inverse of a matrix. Finding the area of a triangle. Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables).
- Trigonometry: Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations. Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions, and their properties.
- Coordinate geometry: Distance formula, section formula, area of a triangle, condition of co-linearity of three points in a plane. Polar coordinates, the transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa. Parallel transformation of axes, the concept of locus, elementary locus problems. The slope of a line. Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines. Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines. The distance of a point from a line. Distance between two parallel lines. Lines through the point of intersection of two lines. Equation of a circle with a given centre and radius. A condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle. Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter. Equation of tangent, normal, and chord. Parametric equation of a circle. The intersection of a line with a circle. Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles.
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry: Direction cosines and direction ratios distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, a distance of a point from a plane.
- Theory of Calculus: Functions, the composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivatives of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically. Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions. Integration by parts. Integration by substitution and partial fraction. Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. The fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals. Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first-order differential equations.
- Application of Calculus: Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency. Determination of monotonicity, maxima, and minima. Differential coefficient as a measure of rate. Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration. Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves, and Straight lines. Area of the region included between two elementary curves.
- Permutation and combination: Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Permutation of n things not all different. Permutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded). Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Combination of n things not all different. Basic properties. Problems involving both permutations and combinations.
- Statistics and Probability: Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution. Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails, and Binomial distribution.
Syllabus for General Aptitude
- Objects, texture related to architecture and the built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and
- Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan's Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
Syllabus for Drawing
- Understanding the Important Visual Principles in a Composition (2D or 3D) – Hierarchy, Direction, Rhythm, Balance.
- Ability to Visualize Shape, Understand geometry, and Solve Geometrical Puzzles
- Different Terminologies to Test Color Scheme Awareness, Understanding Color Theory, and Knowledge
- Perception to Test Graphical Similarities and Visual System Interpretation and Other Properties
- Ability to Understand Spatial relationships between Objects and Scenarios and to Visualize Images
- Cognitive Ability
- Perception, Memory, Attention, Recognition, etc.
NATA 2022 Preparation Tips
NATA 2022 Preparation Tips are mentioned below:
- Students must include the time distribution, management of resources, and various other important factors before they start their preparation.
- Daily revision is an important aspect.
- An ample amount of sleep is a must as grasping new things and thinking faster and focusing will also worsen if sleep and rest are not enough.
- Give time for recreation which is an important part as it helps to release stress from time to time.
- Solving questions will give an idea of the exam pattern.
DOs & DON’Ts - NATA 2022
- Read the online instructions carefully before filling-in in the Application Form online.
- Specify all personal information, address, and date of birth correctly.
- Remember the application number, security question/answer, and password.
- Choose the examination zones correctly.
- Upload color photograph and signature of specified size only as rest would not be accepted.
- Retain a copy of the Confirmation Page as proof of submission of the application form.
- Follow the schedule as mentioned in the brochure and Admit Card.
- Enter the examination hall only with the Admit Card and Photo ID.
- For drawings, use pencils and colored pencils nothing else.
- Don’t divulge the application number, security question/answer, and password to anybody.
- Don’t give wrong/unused mobile number and e-mail ID during form fill up otherwise there is a possibility of missing out on important information for which the authorities won’t be held responsible.
- Don’t upload poor-quality scanned photographs and signatures.
- Don't send a duly filled in Confirmation Page or any document through the post to the CoA office.
- Don’t spoil the hard copy of the downloaded admit card.
- For drawings, the use of crayons, water, and oil paints is prohibited, only bring the above-mentioned material to the examination centre.
- Don't bring Mobile Phone, Calculator, or any other electronic gadget inside the Examination Hall.
- Don’t bring any instruments including a scale inside the Examination Hall.
NATA 2022 Result
Following are some of the key points regarding the NATA 2022 Result which the candidates can follow up:
Qualifying marks for NATA 2022 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Mathematics & General Aptitude i.e. MCQ section (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in the Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
- A Candidate will not qualify in NATA 2022 unless he/ she satisfies all three conditions mentioned above.
- The validity of NATA-2022 score: The result would only be valid for the forthcoming Academic session
- After the results are declared, the NATA cut-off would be released which is the minimum mark needed to be eligible for taking admission in the Architecture program.
NATA 2022 Counseling
NATA 2022 Counseling
will commence after the result declaration and students who have made it through the examination will be allowed to participate in the counselling and as per their choice preferences will be allotted colleges under the NATA 2022 Counselling.
- All the eligible candidates after counselling will be needed to block their seats before the last date otherwise their seats will be considered vacant and might get allotted to some other student.
- Centralized counselling would be conducted for all the candidates who have qualified for the examination and shall be granted admission based on their overall performance.
NATA Exam Centres 2022
Find the key points regarding NATA Examination Centers:
- The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is conducted pan India along with a foreign exam centre in Dubai.
- The Council of Architecture (CoA) will publish the list of NATA 2022 exam centres along with the official information brochure.
- Candidates must choose the examination city carefully as a change in examination city will NOT be entertained by the organizing body.
- The authorities will conduct NATA 2022 in 123 exam centres.
|Andaman and Nicobar ||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh ||Guntur|
|Himachal Pradesh ||Hamirpur|
|Jammu and Kashmir ||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Madhya Pradesh ||Bhopal|
|Tamil Nadu ||Chennai|
|Uttar Pradesh ||Agra|
|West Bengal ||Asansol|
NATA 2022 Highlights
The candidates can check NATA 2022 basic information hereby;
National Aptitude Test in Architecture Key Points
Exam Short Name
Exam Full Name
National Aptitude Test in Architecture
Council of Architecture (COA)
B.Arch Degree Courses
NATA Official website
To offer admission in B.Arch Courses across India through a centralized examination
Total Number of Colleges approved by Council of Architecture, India
465 (As per CoA January 01, 2020 List)
NATA Previous Year Statics
To answer the very important question "How many students appeared for nata 2019, 2018, 2017?" we have created a table of NATA previous year statics:
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
What is the Council of Architecture?
The Council of Architecture (COA) has been constituted by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972, enacted by the Parliament of India, which came into force on 01 September 1972. The Act provides for registration of Architects, standards of education, recognized qualifications, and standards of practice to be complied with by the practicing architects. The Council of Architecture is charged with the responsibility to regulate the education and practice of profession throughout India besides maintaining the register of architects. For this purpose, the Government of India has framed Rules, and the Council of Architecture has framed Regulations as provided for in the Architects Act, with the approval of the Indian Government.