NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria: The National Aptitude Test for Architecture or NATA is conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA). This exam allows the candidates to take admissions into various architecture courses offered by government and private institutions under NATA. The conducting body decides a few criteria in various aspects that have to be satisfied by the aspiring candidates in order to apply for NATA 2020. The candidates intending to apply for NATA 2020 can go through the following article for precise details about the NATA 2020 eligibility.
NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following are particular details about the NATA 2020 eligibility:
- The eligibility of candidates appearing for NATA 2020 happens in four stages.
- Candidates appearing for the exam from places outside India are also supposed to follow the rules applicable for them.
- The stages to be qualified by the candidate are age, qualification, subjects and minimum marks.
- The candidates are supposed to satisfy all the four eligibility criteria mentioned above.
- A candidate who is not able to satisfy either of the criteria during the admission process shall be subjected to disqualification. The seat allotted will be cancelled with immediate effect.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NATA 2020
The following are the eligibility criteria for NATA 2020:
- The educational criteria mentioned below must be satisfied by the candidate in order to apply for NATA 2020.
- Qualifying Examination: The candidates have to pass 10+2 examination from any recognized board of education.
- Pursuing Candidates: The candidates who will be appearing for the 10+2 examinations in the year of applying for NATA 2020 are also eligible to write this examination. Candidates of this category must submit the proof regarding the examination at the time of admission.
- Percentage criteria: The candidates must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination and at least 50% marks in PCM.
- Mandatory subjects: The candidates must have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the mandatory subjects in 10+2.
- Humanities stream: Candidates from the arts and humanities streams are eligible to apply for the examination if they satisfy the criteria in the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry examinations conducted by the CBSE board.
- Other educational criteria: The particular criteria are as mentioned below:
Should have passed the 10+2 examination or its equivalent with at least 50%marks.
Completed or appearing
Should have done 10+3 diploma (any discipline) recognized by the central or state government with an aggregate of at least 50%.
Completed or appearing
Should have done international baccalaureate diploma after 10 years of schooling scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Completed or appearing
The NATA score will be valid only for the year in which it was attempted. There is no age limit for applying for the NATA examination. During counseling, the authorities in charge might decide an age bar for taking admission into the allotted institution according to the institute rules.
Important Details about NATA 2020
The following are a few important points about NATA 2020:
- Lateral entries for any courses, in any year of the course are not allowed for the B.Arch courses offered through NATA.
- There is no specified and particular age limit for applying for NATA 2020. However, institute specific age limits exist and they are finalized by the authorities in charge of the counseling process.
- The candidates after clearing the NATA eligibility criteria and examination must also satisfy the eligibility criteria of the institutes offering admissions in order to enter architecture courses in a particular institution.
- The eligibility criteria for NATA 2020 are decided by the CoA.
- They are to be followed strictly before taking admission into any architecture course offered by an institution under NATA.
- The verification of the candidate’s details and eligibility status is carried out before the examination and the aspirants are bound to satisfy these.
- There shall not be any revision of the rules and norms of NATA 2020 especially for candidates of the reserved categories.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for NATA 2020 as per CoA rules and regulations.
- Candidates applying for NATA 2020 must complete all the procedures required of them well before the last dates. There shall not be extensions of any kind in such cases.