NIFT ET 2022 Eligibility Criteria must be fulfilled by the aspirants seeking to apply for the exam. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from this article. The National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test is organised at the National level for those candidates seeking to take admission in the Fashion related courses. The entrance exam is to be announced soon. Candidates can go through the below article to know about the NIFT ET 2022 exam eligibility.
NIFT ET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Any candidate who fulfils the prescribed age and educational qualification criteria for the concerned programme can apply for the NIFT ET 2022 Exam. The eligibility criteria for B.Des, B.FTech, M.Des, M.F.M and M.FTech are given below:
For Bachelor's Programmes (B.Des, B.FTech) (Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile
Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication)
- Academic Qualification
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Must have A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects conducted by the National Open School.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- An applicant has passed Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the AIU equivalent to 10+2 standard.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (Sri-LankaLondon/ Cambridge/) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
For Educational qualification for Bachelor of Fashion Technology (Apparel Production) (B.FTech) Programme
- Should have passed 10+2 level from a recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any Engineering course recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- A pass grade in the 10+2 level examination with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics conducted by the National Open School.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination ( Cambridge/Sri-Lanka/London) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Qualifying Age:
- Maximum age should be 23 years as on 01 October 2019. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
For Maters Programmes (M.Des, M.F.M and M.FTech)
- Academic Qualification Master’s Programme in Design- M.Des (Master of Design)
- Undergraduate Degree in any discipline from any recognized Institute/University.
- Must have passed Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT/NID.
For Master's Programme in Fashion Management
- Educational Qualification
- Should hold a degree of Master of Fashion Management Undergraduate in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
- Undergraduate Diploma with a minimum of three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Master’s Programme in Fashion Technology- M.FTech (Master of Fashion Technology)
- Educational Qualification
- B.FTech. from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
- B.E / B.Tech. from any University/Institute recognized by law in India.
Note - Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIFT ET.
NIFT ET 2022 Seat Reservation
The seats reserved( based on 2020) for SC / OBC (Non Creamy)/ ST / GEN-EWS/ Person With Disability (PWD)/ Foreign Nationals/ NRI/ OCI/ SAARC/State Domicile in each programme are given below:
NIFT ET 2022 Reservation Seats
|Person with Disability (PWD)||5%|
Requirements of each category are as follows:
- SC/ST Candidates
- Candidates applying under this quota will have to produce a Tribe/Caste certificate from the Competent Authority of the respective Union Territories/States/National Commission of Tribes.
- OBC (Non-Creamy) Candidates
- Candidates applying under this quota would have to substantiate the caste and non-creamy layer requirement.
Candidates can also check: NIFT ET 2022 Application Form