NIFT 2020 Result has been announced on 13 March 2020 by the National Institute of Fashion Technology. The final result will be declared in June 2020. The answer key for the NIFT Entrance Test 2020 has been released on 22 January 2020. The exam was held on 19 January 2020 in online mode. Candidates can check the NIFT ET 2020 result by entering the Roll Number and Date of Birth to know their score/rank. Read the complete article to know more about NIFT 2020 Result, the process to download the scorecard, etc.
- NIFT 2020 Result has been declared on 13 March 2020. The final result is yet to be announced.
NIFT 2020 Result
National Institute of Fashion Technology has declared the NIFT ET Result 2020
on the NIFT official website
. Candidates who had appeared for Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT) can view their result or scorecard.
- For B.F.Tech program, score in GAT will be considered as the final result.
- For B.Design, candidates qualifying in GAT and CAT will be shortlisted for Situation Test.
- Candidates must visit the NIFT's official portal to view the NIFT Entrance Test result.
NIFT 2020 Result Dates
NIFT 2020 Final Result will be prepared based on the GAT, CAT and Situation Test scores, once the situation test and GD/PI will be conducted. The dates for the same can be checked from the table below:
NIFT Result Dates
|Result of Written Test||13 March 2020|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||April - May 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||End of May/ June 2020|
|Counselling||End of May/June 2020 onwards|
How to Check the NIFT 2020 Result?
NIFT 2020 Result will be declared tentatively in May/June 2020 on the official website of NIFT. Candidates can check their result by following the below-given steps:
- Candidates need to visit the NIFT official website.
- Now, click on the "NIFT 2020 Results" tab.
- Enter NIFT Roll Number, Date of Birth and Application Number.
- After entering all the details, click on the "Proceed/Login" button.
- The NIFT ET result will be displayed on the screen, verify all the details present in it.
- Applicants must take the printout of the same for future purpose.
Test-Wise Weightage in NIFT 2020 Result
|Bachelor of Design||CAT||50%|
|Master of Design||CAT||40%|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||GAT||100%|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT||70%|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT||70%|
NOTE: In case of the score being equal of two candidates, then the older candidate as per Date of Birth will be given preferences.
NIFT 2020 Selection Criteria
Candidates will provide the admission in various courses offered by the National Institute of Fashion Technology based on the performance in Written Test, Situation Test and GD/PI.
- Based on the score in written test i.e. GAT and CAT, B.Design candidates will be called for the second test called Situation Test.
- For B.F.Tech programme, GAT score will be considered for final selection.
- The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT and based on the score in GAT and CAT, M.Des candidates will be called for GD/PI round.
- Only GAT result will be the final test for selection for M.F. Tech and MFM programmes.
NIFT 2020 Cutoff
NIFT cutoff 2020 is the final rank that will be set by the NIFT participating institutes and the same will vary across NIFT campuses. NIFT ET 2020 cutoff
will be calculated based on the availability of seats, the difficulty level of exam, the total number of candidates appearing in the exam etc.
- The candidates must secure the minimum marks required for qualifying NIFT 2020 examination to get admission in desired colleges.
NIFT 2020 Counselling
NIFT Entrance Test 2020 Counselling is expected to commence by the end of May 2020. Candidates have to register themselves through the official website to participate in the counselling process.
- The candidates who will qualify the NIFT examination or secure the minimum score will be called for the counselling.
- A computer-generated letter will be issued to the shortlisted candidates which will contain all the details related to counselling schedule, venue and documents required for verification.