PU CAT 2021 (Purvanchal University Common Admission Test 2021) will be conducted in the third week of July 2021 tentatively by Purvanchal University. PU Common entrance test is a University level Entrance Test that is conducted annually to offer admission into various Postgraduate courses in various fields. Candidates willing to appear in this exam must go through the complete article to know all about PU CAT 2021.
PU CAT 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check the PU CAT 2021 exam status from the below table:
|Exam status||Official notification is yet to release|
PU CAT 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important information for Purvanchal University CAT 2021 from the table given below:
|Events ||Dates (Tentative)|
|On-Line registration starts from||Last week of April 2021|
|Last date of online registration ||Last week of June 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test ||The third week of July 2021|
|Announcement of Result ||Last week of July 2021|
|Date of Admission||The first week of August 2021|
Above mentioned rates are based on the previous year's data published by the University. These dates are tentative and will be updated as soon as the official notification is released from the University.
PU CAT 2021 Application Form
PU CAT 2021 Application Form will be available online on the official website of the University but needs to be submitted in the office. The only mode of filling up and submitting the application form is offline.
- PU CAT 2021 (Purvanchal University Common Admission Test 2021) application form is expected to be available in the last week of April 2021.
- The online forms must be filled and submitted positively by the last date after which admit cards would be released for all the eligible candidates.
- The details must be given correctly to avoid rejection of the form.
- Do not send a hard copy of the “Confirmation Page” after completion and online submission of the application
form on the portal of the University.
- However, the Candidate should keep the printout of the Confirmation page for a personal record.
- Candidates are advised to note down the Application Form Number for future correspondence.
PU CAT 2021 Application Fee
Category wise PU CAT Application Fee 2021 is given below:
PU CAT Application Fee 2021
Mode of Payment:
- Candidates need to pay the Application Fee through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “Finance Officer, V. B. S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur - 222003′.
- It must be attached and submitted along with the application form.
- Candidates must also write their name, contact details and course applied for on the backside of the Demand Draft.
PU CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling out the application form. Candidates can check PU CAT Eligibility Criteria 2021 is mentioned below:
Nationality - Candidates must be citizens of India to apply for PUCAT 2021.
Domicile - Certain domicile requirements will also be asked which candidates need to fulfill to be eligible for the entrance test.
- MA: Undergraduate in any stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate is required.
- MBA: Passed Bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate for General/OBC from the recognized University (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
- MSc: Passed Bachelor's degree in the equivalent stream with a minimum of 50% marks.
Note - Candidates who are due to appear for the qualifying examination or have appeared, but results are awaited, are also eligible to appear. However, they need to submit their result at the time of the admission process.
PU CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
PU CAT Exam Pattern 2021 details are mentioned below with details like mode of examination, duration of the examination, number, and type of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the students, etc.
PU CAT Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
English & Hindi
Section-wise division is mentioned below:
PU CAT 2021 Syllabus
- Bar graph, Table, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graph, etc.
- Number series, Alphabet series. Eye of detail, Logical connectivity, Puzzles, Venn diagrams, Cubes, etc.
- Candidates' proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, vocabulary, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Error spotting, Word substitution, the Sentence correction
PU CAT 2021 Admit Card
PU CAT Admit Card 2021 will be available a week before the test after the submission of the Application Form and students will need to download it from the official website of Purvanchal University. Candidates must follow the basic guidelines mentioned:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit Card from the Official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- They must not forget to carry a government Photo ID proof for cross verification.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards to the examination center without which they might be debarred.
PU CAT 2021 Result
VBSPU entrance exam result 2021 will be declared on the official website.
- The result should be checked by all the candidates to know whether they have cleared it or not for the further admission process.
- Candidates must make sure that they carry their scorecard with them on the counseling day.
- No result shall be sent to any candidate via post.
PU CAT 2021 Counselling
PU CAT 2021 Counselling will commence soon after the result declaration. Candidates can refer to the below given to know more about the counseling process-
- The qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in the counseling session.
- The authority will shortlist the candidates based on the merit list
- The schedule of the counseling will be uploaded on the university website as well as via email and SMS.
- In case the candidate wishes to secure the seat offered, he/she has to pay the required fees and documents to complete the admission process.
- The allotment of the seat through counseling will be carried out strictly following the PUCAT-2021
the merit of the candidate, subject to the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seat in the
category. Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, no change in the Institution / Branch is admissible.
- Candidates have to carry the below-mentioned documents on the counseling day for verification:
- Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from college last attended
- Migration Certificate
- PU CAT 2020 Rank card and Admit Card
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste or Category certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Courses offered by the University
Purvanchal University offers various courses for students seeking to get admission in Post-graduation. Following is a list of all the courses offered through PU CAT 2021:
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (HRD)
- MBA (Agriculture- Business)
- MBA (Control & Business Economics)
- MBA (e-Commerce)
- MBA (Environmental Science)
- Masters in Human Resource Development
- MA ( Mass Communication)
- MA (Applied Psychology)
- MSc (Bio-Chemistry
- MSc (Biotechnology)
- MSc (Micro- Biology)
- Master of Computer Application
PU CAT 2021 Highlights
Check the PU CAT 2021(Purvanchal University Common Admission Test )summary below in the given table:
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
MBA, MA, MSc, MCA
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Courses Offered by the University
About Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University
(VBSPU) was established in the year 1987. Formerly known as Purvanchal University, the university engages in research and is affiliated with almost 470+ Graduate and Post Graduate colleges. The University is located 11 km away from the city of Jaunpur and is spread in an area of around 171.5 acres. The faculty members have a doctoral degree and are actively engaged in guiding the research scholars. Department of Biotechnology is the most famous among others which facilitates good research specifically Human Molecular Genetic Laboratory and Molecular Biology Group in basic Research. The core areas of programs handled by the university are- Engineering and Tech, Computer Applications, Management Studies, Commerce, Science, Education, Applied Social Science, Law, Arts, Agriculture, Computer science, Nanoscience, and Technology.