PU CAT 2020 (Purvanchal University Common Admission Test 2020) application form is available from 21 April & the last date to apply is 20 June 2020. It will be conducted by the Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University on 29 & 30 June 2020. This University level Entrance Test is conducted annually to offer various Postgraduate courses in various fields. Candidates willing to appear in this exam must go through the complete article to know all about PU CAT 2020.
- PUCAT 2020 application form can be filled untill 20 June 2020.
- The exam dates of PUCAT 2020 are 29 & 30 June 2020.
PU CAT 2020 Application Form
PU CAT 2020 Application Form will be available online on the official website of the University but needs to be submitted in the office. The only mode of filling up and submitting the application form is offline.
- The application form has been released on 21 April 2020.
- The online forms must be filled and submitted positively by the 20 June 2020 after which admit cards would be released for all the eligible candidates.
- The details must be given correctly to avoid rejection of the form.
- Do not send hard copy of “Confirmation Page” after completion and online submission of application
the form on the portal of University.
- However, the Candidate should keep the printout of the Confirmation page for a personal record.
- Candidates are advised to note down the Application Form Number for future correspondence.
PU CAT 2020 Application Fee
PU CAT Application Fee 2020 is given below category wise:
PU CAT Application Fee
Mode of Payment:
- Candidates need to pay the Application Fee through Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “Finance Officer, V. B. S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur - 222003′.
- It must be attached and submitted along with the application form.
- Candidates must also write their name, contact details and course applied for on the backside of the Demand Draft.
PU CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
PU CAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 is mentioned below for all sorts of Category students and education qualification needed:
Nationality - Candidates must be citizens of India to apply for PUCAT 2020.
Domicile - Certain domicile requirements will also be asked which candidates need to fulfil to be eligible for the entrance test.
- MA: Undergraduate in any stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate is required.
- MBA: Passed Bachelor degree in any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate for General/OBC from the recognized University (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
- MSc: Passed Bachelor degree in the equivalent stream with a minimum of 50% marks.
Note - Candidates who are due to appear for the qualifying examination or have appeared, but results are awaited, are also eligible to appear. However, they need to submit their result at the time of the admission process.
PU CAT 2020 Admit Card
PU CAT Admit Card 2020 will be available from the third week of June 2020 after the submission of Application Form and students are requested to download it from the website and follow the basic guidelines mentioned:
- Applicants are supposed to download their Admit Card from the Official website as the Admit Cards will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- They must not forget to carry a government Photo ID proof for cross verification.
- Candidates must take their Admit Cards to the examination centre without which they might be debarred.
PU CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
PU CAT Exam Pattern 2020 details are mentioned below with details like mode of examination, duration of the examination, number and type of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the students etc.
PU CAT Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination
180 minutes (3 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
English & Hindi
Section-wise division is mentioned below:
Download PU CAT 2020 Information Brochure Pdf
PU CAT 2020 Syllabus
- Bar graph, Table, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graph etc.
- Number series, Alphabet series. Eye of detail, Logical connectivity, Puzzles, Venn diagrams, Cubes, etc.
- Candidates' proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, vocabulary, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words etc.
- Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Error spotting, Word substitution, the Sentence correction
PU CAT 2020 Result
VBSPU entrance exam result 2020 will be declared by the first week of July 2020 and should be checked by all the candidates to know whether they have cleared it or not for further admission process. Candidates must make sure that they carry their scorecard with them on the counselling day.
PU CAT 2020 Counselling
PU CAT 2020 Counselling will commence soon after the result declaration. The counselling will start from 21 June 2020. Candidates can refer to the below given to know more about the counselling process-
- The qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in the counselling session.
- The authority will shortlist the candidates on the basis of merit list
- The schedule of the counselling will be uploaded on the university website as well as via email and SMS.
- In case the candidate wishes to secure the seat offered, he/she has to pay the required fees and documents to complete the admission process.
- The allotment of the seat through counselling will be carried out strictly in accordance with the PUCAT-2020
the merit of the candidate, subject to the order of preference given for the seats and availability of seat in the
category. Once the seat is allotted to the candidate, no change in the Institution / Branch is admissible.
- Candidates have to carry the below-mentioned documents on the counselling day for verification:
- Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from college last attended
- Migration Certificate
- PU CAT 2020 Rank card and Admit Card
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste or Category certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
PU CAT 2020 Preparation Tips
PU CAT Preparation Tips are mentioned below:
- Keep time distribution, management of resources and various other important factors in mind during preparation.
- Make notes of every topic as it will be easier to refer to notes than reading the whole topic.
- Daily revision is an important aspect which will help the candidates to remember the topics studied.
- Also, they must take proper rest.
- Yoga/ Meditation should be done to manage stress.
Courses offered by the University
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (HRD)
- MBA (Agriculture- Business)
- MBA (Control & Business Economics)
- MBA (e-Commerce)
- MBA (Environmental Science)
- Masters in Human Resource Development
- MA ( Mass Communication)
- MA (Applied Psychology)
- MSc (Bio-Chemistry
- MSc (Biotechnology)
- MSc (Micro- Biology)
- Master of Computer Application
PU CAT 2020 Highlights
Check the PU CAT 2020(Purvanchal University Common Admission Test )summary below in the given table:
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur
MBA, MA, MSc, MCA
Offline (Pen & Paper)
To offer admission in various Postgraduate Courses Offered by the University
About Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University
(VBSPU) was established in the year 1987. Formerly known as Purvanchal University, the university engages in research and is affiliated to almost 470+ Graduate and Post Graduate colleges. The University is located 11 kms away from the city of Jaunpur and is spread in an area of around 171.5 acres. The faculty members have a doctoral degree and are actively engaged in guiding the research scholars. Department of Biotechnology is the most famous among others which facilitates good research specifically Human Molecular Genetic Laboratory and Molecular Biology Group in basic Research. The core areas of programmes handled by the university are- Engineering and Tech, Computer Applications, Management Studies, Commerce, Science, Education, Applied Social Science, Law, Arts, Agriculture, Computer science, Nanoscience and Technology.