Rajasthan SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria is set by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC). RSET is a state-level examination which is conducted to provide Assistant Professor or Lectureship to various colleges and universities in Rajasthan. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria properly before applying for the examination. If a candidate found ineligible in any criteria, their application will be rejected. Candidates can check Rajasthan SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria and other details regarding it from this article.
Rajasthan SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Given below are all the criteria requirements for appearing in Rajasthan SET 2023:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Citizen, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee.
- Domicile: Candidate should be a resident of Rajasthan.
Minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years. Candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the first day of January 2023.
- The upper age limit mentioned above shall be relaxed by 5 years in the case of women candidates and candidates belonging to the Schedule Castes or the Scheduled Tribes. By 10 years in the case of woman candidate belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled Tribes Backward Classes and Special Backward Classes.
- There is no age limit for women widows and divorcee women.
- Candidates who have completed their Master's Degree or equivalent examination from a recognized University/Council at the subject they are applying for in RSET.
- Candidates who will be appearing in the final year examination of Master's Degree or whose results are awaited can apply. Candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master's degree examination.
- Candidates who completed their Ph. D before 19 September 1991 are also eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are required to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC- CSIR NET, which is held twice a year.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture.
- General candidate must have an aggregate of 55% of marks in Master's Degree.
- Reserved candidate must have an aggregate of 50% of marks in Master's Degree.
- PhD holder candidates must have an aggregate of 50% of marks in their post-graduation.
A candidate for direct recruitment to the service must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any mental and physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties as a member of service and if selected must produce a certificate to that effect from a Medical Authority notified by the Government for the purpose.
Rajasthan SET 2023 Reservation
Given below is the percentage of seats reserved for each category:
|Category ||Seats (In Percentage)|
|Other Backward Classes||05%|
|Women||30% (In which 8% is for widow and 2% is for divorcee)|
Rajasthan SET 2023 Application Form
Rajasthan SET 2023 Application Form will be released in July 2023 tentatively by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC). Eligible candidates can apply for the Rajasthan SET 2023. The application form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority. Candidates need to register first for applying for the exam. Candidates have to pay the fee before the due date to submit their application form.
Rajasthan SET 2023 Exam Details
The candidates can get to know the Rajasthan SET summary in the below-given table:
|Exam Name||Rajasthan State Eligibility Test 2023|
|Acronym||Rajasthan SET 2023 or RSET 2023|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Level of Exam||State-level|
|Frequency of Exam||Once every year|
|Location of Exam||Rajasthan|
|Exam Purpose||For the post of Assistant Professor and Lectureship in the state of Rajasthan|
The exam will be conducted at the following places: Ajmer, Bharatpur, Kota, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur & Udaipur
Minimum Marks required
|GENERAL/Category-I, IIA, IIA, IIIA, IIIB||40%||40%||50%|