TANATA 2021 or Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture is organised by Anna University for admission into B.Arch courses. This exam is held at the state level once a year. The online registration is expected to start in the month of October 2021. The exam is conducted via offline mode for the duration of 03 hours (180 minutes). Read the whole article to know more details about TANATA 2021 like Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, etc.
TANATA 2021 Important Dates
Aspirants can get the TANATA 2021 vital dates from the below table:
Anna University NATA Admission Exam 2021 Dates
Date of Availability of Registration form
First week of October 2021
Last date for submission of the registration form
Second week of November 2021
Admit card release date
TANATA 2021 date
Counselling procedure dates
TANATA 2021 Application Form
Applicants who are qualified according to the eligibility requirements will be able to fill TANATA 2021 Application Form via online mode. Below are the few important points to be kept in mind for registration:
- Applicants will have to enter their email ID, name, gender, and mobile number for online registration. After the registration process will be completed, the candidates will be given their login ID & password.
- To fill the form they will have to log in with their user id and password. They need to fill in other details like personal, educational, and communication in the application form.
- The applicants are required to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature in the prescribed format( JPEG or JPG).
- Without the fee payment, the form will be considered incomplete.
- After fee payment, the applicants will be asked to recheck the application form and then they can submit the same online.
- Once the form is complete they must keep the copy of it for any future reference.
TANATA 2021 Application Fees
Check the below table to know category-wise admission test fee for Anna University B.Arch course:
Anna University NATA Admission Test Fee 2021
SC or SCA or ST applicants of Tamil Nadu
The mode of Payment: The applicants will have to pay the application fee through online mode (electronically) by using the Debit card, Credit card, or Net banking (Credentials).
TANATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the course it is suggested that the applicants must ensure that they are eligible for the exam. Here we have tried to list the TANATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Only the applicants who have cleared their HSC exams will be eligible to apply.
- Minimum Percentage: The applicants will need to have scored at least 50% of the score in their finals in total.
- Mandatory Subject: The applicants must have studied Mathematics as the main subject of their education.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Diploma Holders
- Educational Qualification: Graduates from a known board or university can apply.
- Minimum Percentage: The applicants will need to have scored at least 50% of the score in aggregate.
- Mandatory Subject: They need to have studied Maths.
TANATA 2021 Exam Pattern
Here we have listed the information in regards to the TANATA 2021 Exam Paper Pattern for those who are seeking to appear for the exam.
- Mode of entrance exam: Via offline and the applicants have to carry a blue and black ball pen to write the paper.
- Total Marks: 200 marks in total wherein the 1st paper will be for 120 marks and the 2nd paper will be for 80 marks
- Duration of exam: The applicants will get 03 hours(180 minutes) to finish the exam.
The below table contains the details about both the papers and marks along with the questions asked:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Drawing Test||2||80||90 minutes|
|Total||62 – Questions||200 – Marks||180 minutes|
TANATA 2021 Syllabus
TANATA 2021 syllabus will help the applicants to know about the test like topics to be prepared for exam, etc. Here we have listed the subject-wise syllabus
- Coordinate Geometry
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry
- Theory of Calculus Permutation
- Texture related to architecture and the built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing.
- Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning,
- Mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal),
- General awareness of national
- international architects
- Famous architectural creations.
Sets and Relations
- The idea of sets,
- subsets, power set,
- intersection and difference of sets,
- Venn diagram,
- De Morgan’s Laws,
- Relation and its properties.
- Equivalence relation (definition and elementary examples).
- Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction, and contrapositive.
- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects,
- Geometric composition
- Shape, building forms and elements
- Aesthetics, Color texture, harmony, and contrast.
- Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Perspective drawing.
- Sketching of urban-scape and landscape,
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
TANATA 2021 Admit Card
TANATA 2021 admit card will be released on the official website expectedly by the first week of August and the applicants will have to keep on checking for the same. No intimation will be made regarding the release of hall ticket via SMS or email or any other mode.
- The university will release the admit card just a few days in advance of the entrance exam.
- It has been made clear by the university that no Admit Card will be sent to the applicants via any other mode. Aspirants who will successfully submit the form will have to download the hall ticket from the website of the exam.
- The applicants will have to use their registered credentials to download TANATA admission ticket.
- Applicants must get the print out of the hall ticket and keep it safely for future reference.
- It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam centre or else the applicant will not be permitted to enter and give the entrance exam.
TANATA 2021 Result
TANATA 2021 Results will be released by Anna University on the official website by the third week of August (tentatively).
- The examinees will have to check their score by login with their credentials.
- Scorecard will not be sent via post hence for counselling they must keep the copy of it.
- The applicants who will score well will be offered admission to B.Arch courses at Anna University.
- Minimum marks that should be secured should be 25% marks.
How to check TANATA 2021 Results?
- The applicants will have to go to the official website.
- Log in using the username and password received from the university at the time of registration.
- Click on the TANATA 2021 Results link.
- Enter the DOB (Date of Birth) and the roll number.
- Download the Result document and save it and also print the same as it will be needed in the future.
TANATA 2021 Counselling
TANATA 2021 Counselling Session will start tentatively by the last week of August 2021 once the Results will be disclosed.
- The applicants will have to carry all the below-mentioned documents along with the originals to the verification Counselling centre.
- The applicants will have to pay the Counseling fee for final seat allotment process.
- Below we have enlisted documents to be carried at the time of the TANATA 2021 Counselling Session.
|TANATA Admit Card and Result 2021||HSC Mark sheet|
|SSC Mark sheet||HSC Passing Certificate|
|SSC Passing Certificate||Caste Certificate |
|Category Certificate ||Passport size Photograph (latest – six copies)|
|Migration Certificate ||Counselling fee|
|Anyone Government Photo ID || |
TANATA 2021 Highlights
Check below in the table short information about TANATA B.Arch Admission Test 2021:
Basic Details of Anna University B.Arch Entrance Exam 2021
|Exam Name||TANATA or Tamil Nadu Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting body||Anna University|
|Level of exam||State-level|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Purpose ||To offer admission into B.Arch course|
|TANATA Official website||https://www.annauniv.edu/|
About Anna University
Anna University is a public state university located in Tamil Nadu. It was originally established on 4 September 1978 and was named after C.N. Annadurai, the first Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu. After taking many different forms over the years, as per a September 2020 bill passed in the Tamil Nadu Legislative assembly, the varsity is now reconstituted to be an affiliating university for engineering colleges. The University is now the affiliating authority for close to 550 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu.