registration will begin soon. The Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test is a state-level test held once a year by the major exam body, the Tamil Nadu Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB). It is for the purpose of selecting teachers in Tamil Nadu. Paper 1 and Paper 2 are the two papers that makeup TNET. Candidates who pass Paper 1 will be hired to teach grades 1 through 5, while those who pass Paper 2 will be hired to teach grades 6 through 8. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling out the TNTET 2023 application form
to ensure that they are eligible to take the exam. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility requirements will be automatically disqualified, with no opportunity for further clarification. To learn more about the TNTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria, read the entire article.
TNTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check TNTET 2021 eligibility criteria below hereby for both the papers:
Paper 1 Eligibility Criteria(for classes 1st to 5th):
- Should have passed Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Higher Secondary (or it's equivalent) with minimum 45% marks & passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in Elementary Education by the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Have a certificate of Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with a minimum aggregate 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Bachelor of Education degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate and passed or appearing in the final year (B.Ed.,).
NOTE - Applicants who have passed D.T.Ed., /D.El.Ed., from States other than Tamil Nadu, should submit an evaluation certificate for such qualifications.
Paper 2 Eligibility Criteria(for classes 6th to 8th):
- A bachelor's degree is required, as is the completion of a two-year primary education diploma.
- Should be a Graduate with a minimum score of 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of B.Ed.
- Graduation degree holders with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks can apply for TNTET. Those who have completed or are currently enrolled in the final year of their B.Ed. programme are also eligible to apply.
- Have passed Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and have passed or appearing in the final year of B.El.Ed.
- Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed.
- Graduation degree holder with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in the final year of B.Ed. can also apply for TNTET.
- Any candidate who has completed a valid B.Ed. programme that has been recognized by the NCTE is eligible to take the TET.
TNTET 2023 Exam Pattern
The TNTET 2023 test is divided into two parts: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are unique, as is the question format. Below is the TNTET paper pattern 2023:
- Mode of exam: Offline examination (OMR based)
- Duration of the exam: The examination will last 180 minutes
- Question Type: Multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- Total Questions: There are 150 questions in total.
- Maximum score: 150 points
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer receives a +1, and there is no negative marking.
TNTET 2023 Admit Card
The TNTET 2023 hall ticket will be available on the Teacher Recruitment Board's official website. Check the following points for further important information:
- For TNTET 2023 hall ticket download, candidates must go to the board's web portal.
- It is important to remember to bring the call letter to the exam hall because an examination would not be feasible without it.
- The admission exam date, time, and location will be listed on the Hall Ticket. No one will be permitted to take the exam at any time other than the date and location specified on the entry ticket.
- Those who successfully submit the application form to the authority will receive Hall Tickets.
- TNTET Admit Card 2023 will not be mailed or distributed in any other way.
- The admit card will be necessary to provide at the time of the recruitment procedure, so keep it safe.
TNTET 2023 Result
TNTET Result 2023 is announced by the Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) on its website. Check out the following details in the bullet points:
- Candidates must go to the TRB's official website to check their results.
- TNTET 2023 Paper 1 and Paper 2 results are declared separately by TRB.
- Candidates who achieve the board's minimal qualifying marks will receive a Teacher Eligibility Certificate.
- Qualified candidates can apply for numerous teaching positions in Tamil Nadu's government, semi-government, and private sector schools with a Teacher Eligibility Certificate.