TNTET Syllabus 2023 will be released on the official website with the prospectus by Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB), Tamil Nadu. Paper 1 and Paper 2 have a separate syllabus and are released accordingly. It will be released in a downloadable PDF format. Candidates are advised to prepare according to TNTET Syllabus 2023 in order to get their desired post. Check the TNTET 2023 Syllabus and other details regarding it from this article.
TNTET Syllabus 2023
Candidates can check TNTET 2023 detailed syllabus below for both the papers(1 & 2).
TNTET Paper I Syllabus(I-V class)
Paper 1 will have subjects Child Development & Pedagogy, Tamil, English, Maths & Environmental Studies and Science.
Child Development & Pedagogy Syllabus
- The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education-Physical and Cognitive - Trends in physical growth, Hormonal influences on physical growth, Sensory-motor stage-Pre operational stage-Language Development, Development of neurons Symbolic thinking and limits of logic, Influence of home environment, the attitude of family members on cognitive development of the child-Identity status and psychological well being.
- The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education-Social and Emotional- Self-concept & Social Awareness & Sibling relationships, Peer relationship and play, Self-awareness, Cultural influence on self-concept- corresponding stages of Erickson’s Psycho-social development Emotional development in a Social context affection- sympathy-laughter-anger, sadness, fear-Parent-child relationship-Emotional well-being emotion & health.
- Physical & Intellectual Development during Primary School Years - Physical growth cycles-Body proportions, Muscles & fat-Capacity for attention & concentration, Selective attention, Memory strategies- processing speed and capacity-Thinking skills. Concrete operational stage Piaget's tasks-concept of intelligence as a mental ability. Cognitive development. Development of mental/intellectual abilities. Intelligence tests Creativity in primary school children.
- Social and Emotional Development during Primary School Years - Meaning of social development-social expectation children's Friendships, choices of companions social acceptance-the desire to belong-peer grouping-Effects of schooling on social, emotional, and cultural spheres-Pattern of emotional development-common emotional patterns.
- Moral Development during Primary School Years
- Learning, Types, levels and approaches to Learning, Factors Contributing to Learning, Concepts and constructs, Constructivist Approach to Learning & Learning and Knowledge
For Class 1st & 2nd
- Listening & Singing to jingles / Nursery rhymes
- Understanding keywords in the rhymes
- Listening to short, familiar stories or folktales & understanding the main point of short stories told in English
- Can follow simple instructions given in English
- Understanding & responding to greetings appropriately, etc.
- Expressing needs and likes
- Asking permission
- Respond to questions,
- Speaking using a combination of grammatical forms
- Recognizing & naming letters
- Letter sound correspondence
- Reading words/sentences
- Responding to various types of reading material.
- Language Functions
For Class 3rd
- Listening to rhymes, thematic songs, poems
- Listening to dual instructions & directions
- Listening & responding to questions
- Listening to stories, incidents
- Singing rhymes, poems, songs
- Communicate a message
- Participating in discussion
- Asking questions
- Reading sentences / longer text
- Transcription of print text
- Shapes and Figures
- Study of Data
Environmental Studies & Science Syllabus
- Animals & Birds
- Small Creatures around the children
- Day & Night
- Water, Air, Food
- My Body
- Keeping Healthy & Clean
- Man, matter & materials
- Everyday Science
Social Science Syllabus
- Knowledge of Social behaviour – In my Home, School, Village/Area
- Knowing the route from Home to School
- Knowing the basic directions; relating the sun
- Knowing Traffic Rules- Road safety-Norms
Those who are seeking to appear for TNTET 2023 can go through the subject-wise syllabus for 1-5th class hearby;
TNTET Paper II Syllabus(VI-VIII class)
Paper 2 will have the same subjects as mentioned for class 1-5th but the topics will be different.
Child Development & Pedagogy Syllabus
- Nature of Educational Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Cognitive Development
- Social, Emotional and Moral Development
- Intelligence and Creativity
- Motivation and Group Dynamics
- Personality and Assessment
- Mental Health and Hygiene
- Guidance and Counselling
- Listening to: Instructions, Imperative Statements, Short Stories & audio pieces (radio play/
chosen parts of CDs/Poetry/ Short passages)
- Identifying & discriminating difficult words, Dictation: Hearing words, and spelling accurately
- Reading aloud from a text
- Answers questions in complete sentences, using punctuation, etc.
Seeking to appear for TNTET 2023 can go through the subject-wise syllabus for 6-8th class hearby;
How to Prepare for TNTET 2023?
As TNTET is one of the prestigious examinations of the Tamil Nadu state, candidates need some preparation tips for the examination. Below we have provided a few preparation tips, which might help in better preparation:
- For the preparation candidates need some study materials/books for which NCERT books can be preferred.
- Prepare a time table to study. Divide each section of syllabus & give them equal time.
- Practise more & more mock tests & question papers in that way. Set a timer and attempt questions in the set timings. This not only helps to get the ambience of TNTET 2023 exam but also helps in time management.
- Revision is must for all subjects.