TOEIC Test 2021 or Test of English for International Communication is an International test for English language proficiency for non-native speakers in more than 150 countries. This exam is organised by ETS (Educational Testing Service) at the International level to examine the English speaking and writing skill of a candidate who wants to go for study or work abroad. TOEIC Listening & Reading Test is a paper and pencil, multiple-choice tests which last for 02 hours whereas Speaking and Writing test is Computer-based. This test is held 12 times a year in US and Canada. Read the whole article to know more about the TOEIC Listening and Reading Test 2021.
TOEIC Test 2021 Dates
Aspirants can check below in the table dates for Canada and USA region:
2021 TOEIC Test Dates for Canada & USA
|09 January 2021|
|06 February 2021|
|13 March 2021|
|10 April 2021|
|08 May 2021|
|12 June 2021|
|10 July 2021|
|07 August 2021|
|11 September 2021|
|02 October 2021|
|13 November 2021|
|11 December 2021|
TOEIC Test 2021 Regsitration
The candidates can register themselves for TOEIC Test 2021 online on the official website of ETS.
- Applicants should book their test slot within a stipulated date.
- The registration details should be complete.
- Aspirants can register themselves via online and mail.
- While registration the candidates will have to give following documents with name, signature and photograph. ID cannot be expired. Acceptable forms of valid identification include:
- Driver's license
- State Id
- National Id
- Military Id
- The candidates can make the payment of fee via Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or JCB. The card must be registered in your name or check or money order.
- The cheque or money order has to be sent via mail.
TOEIC Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Many leading companies, academic institutions and language programs rely on the TOEIC Listening and Reading test as a fair, objective measure of English-language proficiency for students and business professionals. Following are the individuals who can take this test:
- Employees who work at hotels, hospitals, restaurants, conventions and sporting events, international meetings, and need to use English on a daily basis
- Individuals employed in managerial, sales and technical positions in international business, commerce and industry who use English to communicate in their jobs
- New entrants to the labour force
TOEIC Test 2021 Format
The TOEIC® Listening and Reading test is a paper-and-pencil, multiple-choice assessment. whereas Speaking and Writing tests are computer-based. Check other details about the test below:
- Sections - There are 04 sections.
- A number of questions - 100 questions each of Listening& Reading and 11 questions of Speaking and 08 questions of Writing
- Duration of the test - 2.5 hours (180 minutes) - 45 minutes for Section I: Listening, 75 minutes for Section II: Reading and approximately 30 minutes to answer biographical questions whereas Speaking is of 20 minutes and Writing is of 60 minutes.
- Negative Marking - There is no penalty for wrong answers
- Part 1: Photographs
- Part 2: Question-Response
- Part 3: Conversations
- Part 4: Short Talks
- Part 5: Incomplete Sentences
- Part 6: Error Recognition or Text Completion
- Part 7: Reading Comprehension
NOTE - The examinees should carry their pencils and erasers along with them on the test date.
What are Prohibited Personal Items inside TOEIC Test Room?
Following are the list of items which are not allowed inside the exam room:
- Cell phones
- Any electronic devices
- Watch alarms
- Mobile Phones
- Listening devices
- Recording or photographic equipment
- Books and Dictionaries
TOEIC Test 2021 Syllabus
TOEIC Listening and Reading test syllabus can be checked below:
- Corporate Development — research, product development
- Finance and Budgeting — banking, investments, taxes, accounting, billing
- General Business — contracts, negotiations, mergers, marketing, sales, warranties, business planning, conferences, labour relations
- Health Care — medical insurance and visits to doctors, dentists, clinics and hospitals
- Housing/Corporate Property — construction, specifications, buying and renting, electric and gas services
- Human Resources — recruiting, hiring, promoting, job applications, job advertisements, retiring, salaries, pensions, awards
- Manufacturing — assembly lines, plant management, quality control
- The Office — procedures, board meetings, committees, letters, memos, telephone, fax and email messages, equipment
- Purchasing — shopping, ordering supplies, shipping, invoicing
- Technical Areas — electronics, technology, computers, laboratories and related equipment, technical specifications
- Travel — trains, aeroplanes, taxis, buses, ships, ferries, tickets, schedules, station and airport announcements, car rentals, hotels, reservations, delays and cancellations
- Dining Out — business lunches, banquets, receptions, reservations
- Entertainment — cinema, theatre, music, art, exhibitions, museums, media
TOEIC Test 2021 Score
Scores are determined by the number of correct answers given by examinees which are converted to a scaled score of 5 to 495. The total scaled score is derived by adding the two scaled scores together.
- The candidates can view their TOEIC Result online on the official web portal of the exam.
- Examinees can expect their Result to be announced from 07 to 21 days from the test date.
- The validity of TOEIC Score is of 02 years from the test date.
TOEIC Important Links
TOEIC Test 2021 Highlights
Check hereunder short details of TOEIC Test 2021:
ETS TOEIC Test 2021 Basic Details
|Exam Name||TOEIC or Test of English for International Communication|
|Conducting body||ETS (Educational Testing Service)|
|Level of exam||International level|
|Frequency ||12 times a year in US and Canada|