AFCAT (2) 2023 Notification and application form will be released in June 2023 (tentative). Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Air Force at the National Level for the candidates, who wish to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying. The Indian Air Force conducts this exam twice a year, once in February and another one in August. The candidates interested to apply for the same need to visit the official website and register online before the deadline. The applicant needs to read the below-given article to know more about AFCAT (1) 2023.
AFCAT (2) 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the all-important details of AFCAT (1) 2023 which is mentioned below in the table:
|Exam Status||AFCAT (2) Notification Soon June 2023|
AFCAT (1) 2023 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates for AFCAT (1) 2023 from below.
AFCAT 2023 Schedule
|Event||AFCAT 01/2023||AFCAT 02/2023|
|Start date of filling the Application Form||01 December 2021||01 Jun 2023|
|Last date of filling the Application Form||30 December 2021||30 Jun 2023|
|Last date of filling the Application Form|
for Women candidates
|Jan 2023||June 2023|
|Edit window opens||19-21 January 2023||26-28 Jul 2023|
|AFCAT Admit Card||28 January 2023 (5 PM)||20 Aug 2023|
|AFCAT 2021 Exam Date||12 to 14 February 2023||28, 29 and 30 Aug 2023|
|AFCAT Result Date||09 March 2023||17 Sep 2023|
|The start date for Seat Selection Process||Mar 2023||To be announced|
|Last date for Seat Selection Process||Mar 2023||To be announced|
|SSB Dates||To be announced||To be announced|
|Commencement of Course||Jan 2023||Jul 2023|
AFCAT (1) 2023 Selection Process
The selection process of AFCAT comprises of following steps:
- AFCAT Exam
- SSB Interview/Personality Test
- Medical and Physical Checkup
- Final Merit List
AFCAT (1) 2023 Application Form
AFCAT (1) 2023 Application Form will available for 01 term examination, though it is released twice a year. The Application Form for AFCAT-I 2023 exam can be accessed online through the official website. The candidates can refer to this link and hence submit their Application Form. Also, the candidates must check for the official notification related to the exam from time to time to know about the latest updates of the exam. The candidates need to follow the two steps mentioned below to submit their Application Form: Registration and filling of the application form.
First Step: The information about the Registration part is given below:
- The candidates firstly need to go to the official website of the Indian Air Force as already mentioned.
- Then click on the AFCAT Login Button for the Registration.
- After that, the candidates need to fill in their registration details (name, contact number and e-mail ID, etc.) on the new window opened.
- Candidates would be sent a new registration ID and Password to the e-mail ID which is generated after the successful submission of the registration form.
- They need to have all the documents for reference while filling the form.
- Candidates need to use their Registration ID and Password which they will receive on the registered mail.
- Then, the candidates have to fill all the details according to the instructions given there.
- After that, they have to choose their branch, centre, subject, etc. of the exam.
- Next step is uploading the signature and a recent passport size photograph as per the specifications which have been prescribed.
- Candidates must submit the application form only after carefully checking all the facts and take out a printout of the same for future use.
- Also need to provide all the information carefully and correctly. The authority might take legal actions against the candidates if they are found to mislead the authority.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Application Fee
Mode of payment: AFCAT (1) 2023 Application Form Fee can be paid online using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
- Registration Form Fee for AFCAT (1) 2023 is Rs 250/- which is not refundable and it is not applicable for NCC special entry and Meteorology.
Note: No cash or cheque or demand draft (DD) will be accepted towards payment of the examination fee.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must make ensure that they fulfil the AFCAT (1) 2021 Eligibility Criteria which the concerned authority has prescribed to appear in AFCAT 1 exam 2023 (Air Force Common Admission Test). The candidates need to fulfil the following requirements:
Ground Duty (Technical)
- Candidates need to have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks at the graduation level in any discipline with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
- They must have done four years of graduation or integrated PG in Technology/Engineering or
- Also, should have a score of 60% in Section A & B of the exam conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The age limit for the Air Force entrance exam 2023 is between 2nd July 1994 and 1st July 2000 only.
- Candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation stream along with Mathematics and Physics in 12th standard or B.Tech/B.E. or
- The candidate needs to score 60% marks in Section A & B of the exam conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The age limit is between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2000.
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- The candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation stream and the candidate need to score 60% marks in Section A & B of the exam conducted by the Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- AFCAT (1) 2023 exam age limit is between 02 July 1994 and 01 July 2000 only.
Important note: Apart from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, the candidate must be both mentally and physically sound. The persons having any kind of physical impairment are not eligible.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates before starting their preparation need to know the complete AFCAT (1) 2023 Exam Pattern. This information will help the students to give their best performance in the exam. Those candidates who will secure the cut-off marks in the written test will only get the opportunity for selection further.
The information regarding the pattern of the exam such as mode of exam, the total number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus, etc. are given in the table below:
Overview of AFCAT (1) 2023 Paper Pattern
The candidates applying for:
Flying branch and Ground Duty (non-technical)
AFCAT exam only
AFCAT + EKT exam
Exam duration :
120 minutes (two hours)
Name of four sections in the exam
General Awareness, Reasoning & Military Aptitude, Numerical Ability, and Verbal Ability in English.
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
Total Number of Questions
+3 for the correct answer
-1 for the wrong answer
No marks for unattempted questions
EKT(Engineering Knowledge Test)- For candidates with one of the choices as Technical Branch
AFCAT (1) 2023 Syllabus
General Awareness Syllabus:
- Basic Science
- Current Affairs,
- Politics etc.
Verbal Ability Syllabus
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Testing of Vocabulary.
- Decimal Fraction
- Profit & loss
- Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
AFCAT (1) 2023 Preparation Books
Given below is the list of all the AFCAT Books for aspirants which will cover whole syllabus and help in boosting the preparation:
AFCAT (1) 2023 Preparation Books
Manohar Pandey, RS Aggarwal
Ancient History & Medival History
Old NCERT (Ancient History by RS Sharma; Medieval History -Satish Chandra)
English (for Paper-II)
Objective English - RS Aggarwal
Last 10 months
Apart from this for English, candidates are advised to practice at least one essay daily and check their grammatical errors, the relevance of the content, etc.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card that will be released on the official website- afcat.cdac.in The AFCAT (1) 2023 Admit Card will be released at the official website, afcat.cdac.in. To download the hall ticket the candidate is required to log in with an email id and password.
The candidate must note that AFCAT Admission Ticket will not be sent via post. The admit card will contain essential details such as the candidate's name, registration number, roll number, date of birth etc. The candidates can follow the simple steps to download the admit card.
- Step 1: Candidates have to go to the AFCAT login page, as shown in the steps to download the call letter above.
- Step 2: Here, they get the option, ‘Forgot Password’, as shown in the image below. Candidates have to click on it
- Step 3: By clicking on the said option, a page as shown below opens. Candidates have to fill in the requisite details to retrieve their password. Once the password is retrieved they can download their AFCAT admit card 2023.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Result
Candidates can check the all-important details related to AFCAT (1) 2023 Result given below. IAF will prepare a list of candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the online AFCAT (1) 2023 as fixed by the IAF.
- Indian Air force has released the AFCAT (1) 2023 result on IAF official website.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the online AFCAT (1) 2023 result will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards.
- Those who have applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centres.
- The AFSB centres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB)
- Those candidates who have opted for a flying branch can only opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi
- Candidates who have qualified in the written exam are required to choose the AFSB date and venue by themselves on the official website to generate call- up letter for the AFSB interview.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Counselling
AFCAT (1) 2023 Counselling will be done in three stages at AFSB centres. Refer to the given below points for more information:
- That candidate who qualified for the screening test would undergo subsequent testing.
- All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to a document check for their eligibility for the branches applied for.
- Candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
The psychological test will be conducted on Day1 and the Group Tests and interviews would be held after the document check.
For Flying Branch
- There would be a Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) administered.
- This is once in a lifetime test.
- Candidates who have failed the CPSS in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible.
Documents Required for AFCAT (1) 2023 counselling
- AFCAT 2023 Admit card
- 12 class mark sheet issued by CBSE/ICSE/State Board.
- Graduation/Post Graduation degree.
- For final year students, a Certificate from the College Principal, mentioning the following with proper stamp and seal of the Institution is required:-
- Name of the College.
- Name of the University.
- Discipline in which Graduation/ Post Graduation is obtained.
- Aggregate Percentage.
- Likely Date of Declaration of Final Result (in DD/MM/YYYY Format).
- Two copies of each document mentioned above
- NCC Certificate(if applicable)
- Twenty copies of the passport size coloured photographs.
AFCAT 2023 Pay, Allowances and Other Benefits
Pay and Allowances: Flying Officers will be entitled to be Paid in Pay Band of 15,600 – 39,100 per month along with Grade Pay, Dearness Allowance, Military Service Pay, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Transport Allowance.
In addition, other allowances are also provided based on nature of duty/place of posting like Flying Allowance, Technical Allowance, Field Area Allowance, Special Compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance, etc.
On completion of Training, the newly Commissioned Flying Officers would be entitled to approximate gross monthly emoluments in different branches including Transport Allowance of major cities as follows:-
- Flying Branch: 82,050, Technical Branch: 71,550 and Ground Duty Branches: 68,550
- Benefits: In addition to the Pay & Allowances, Officers are entitled to Furnish Accommodation, Comprehensive Medical Cover for self and dependants, Leave Travel Concession, Leave (60 days Annual and 20 days Casual) subject to service exigency, a supply of entitled rations, canteen & Officers’Mess facilities and many more.
- Insurance: 75 Lakh Insurance Cover is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of 10 Lakh for Flying Branch Officers.
- Traveling Allowance by the shortest route of AC-III Tier/AC Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in AFSB for the first time will be reimbursed.
- For all other modes of travel, allowance will be admissible as per the government authorized rules.
AFCAT (1) 2023 Highlights
Candidates can go through the important details about the exam to get a quick review:
AFCAT (1) 2023 Basic Details
AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test)
Indian Air Force
Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying
AFCAT Official website
Admit Card Link
To offer admission for the candidates who wish to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying.
Stay connected for more updates about AFCAT (1) 2023 at Indian Air Force.
About Indian Air Force
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth amongst the air forces of the world. Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict. It was officially established on 8 October 1932 as an auxiliary air force of the British Empire which honoured India's aviation service during World War II with the prefix Royal. After India gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1947, the name Royal Indian Air Force was kept and served in the name of Dominion of India. With the government's transition to a Republic in 1950, the prefix Royal was removed after only three years.