AFCAT(1) 2021 entrance exam will be conducted on 20, 21 & 22 February 2021. Air Force Common Admission Test 2021 Notification is recently released by India Air Force (IAF). This exam is conducted by the Indian Air Force at the National Level for the candidates, who wish to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying. The Indian Air Force conducts this exam twice a year, once in February and another one in August. The candidates interested to apply for the same need to visit the official website and register online before the deadline. The applicant needs to read the below-given article to know more about AFCAT 2021.
- AFCAT 2021 exam will be held on 20, 21 and 22 February 2021 in online mode.
- IAF has released the AFCAT 2021 Hall Ticket on 05 February 2021.
AFCAT 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates for AFCAT 2021 from below.
AFCAT Entrance Exam 2021 Dates
|Start date of filling the Application Form||01 December 2020|
|Last date of filling the Application Form||30 December 2020|
|AFCAT Admit Card||05 February 2021|
|AFCAT Exam Date||20, 21 and 22 February 2021|
|AFCAT Result Date||March 2021|
|The start date for the Seat Selection Process||April 2021|
|Last date for Seat Selection Process||August 2021|
|SSB Dates||January 2022|
AFCAT Admit Card 2021
Candidates can download the admit card that will be released on the official website- afcat.cdac.in The AFCAT 2021 Admit Card is released at the official website, afcat.cdac.in. To download the AFCAT admit card 2021, the candidate is required to login with email id and password.
The candidate must note that AFCAT Admission Ticket will not be sent via post. The admit card will contain essential details such as candidates name, registration number, roll number, date of birth etc. The candidates can follow the simple steps to download the admit card.
- Step 1: Candidates have to go to the AFCAT login page, as shown in the steps to download the call letter above.
- Step 2: Here, they get the option, ‘Forgot Password’, as shown in the image below. Candidates have to click on it
- Step 3: By clicking on the said option, a page as shown below opens. Candidates have to fill the requisite details to retrieve their password. Once the password is retrieved they can download their AFCAT admit card 2021.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The candidates before starting their preparation need to know the complete AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern. This information will help the students to give their best performance in the exam. Those candidates who will secure the cut-off marks in the written test will only get the opportunity for selection further.
The information regarding the pattern of the exam such as mode of exam, the total number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus, etc. are given in the table below:
Overview of AFCAT 2021 Paper Pattern
The candidates applying for:
Flying branch and Ground Duty (non-technical)
AFCAT exam only
AFCAT + EKT exam
Exam duration :
120 minutes (two hours)
Name of four sections in the exam
General Awareness, Reasoning & Military Aptitude, Numerical Ability, and Verbal Ability in English.
Type of questions
Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
Total Number of Questions
+3 for the correct answer
-1 for the wrong answer
No marks for unattempted questions
EKT(Engineering Knowledge Test)- For candidates with one of the choices as Technical Branch
AFCAT 2021 Syllabus
General Awareness Syllabus:
- Basic Science
- Current Affairs,
- Politics etc.
Verbal Ability Syllabus
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Testing of Vocabulary.
- Decimal Fraction
- Profit & loss
- Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
AFCAT 2021 Preparation Books
Given below is the list of all the AFCAT Books for aspirants which will cover whole syllabus and help in boosting the preparation:
AFCAT 2021 Preparation Books
Manohar Pandey, RS Aggarwal
Ancient History & Medival History
Old NCERT (Ancient History by RS Sharma; Medieval History -Satish Chandra)
English (for Paper-II)
Objective English - RS Aggarwal
Last 10 months
Apart from this for English, candidate are advised to practice at least one essay daily and check their grammatical errors, the relevance of the content, etc.
AFCAT 2021 Selection Process
The selection process of AFCAT comprises of following steps:
- AFCAT Exam
- SSB Interview/Personality Test
- Medical and Physical Checkup
- Final Merit List
AFCAT 2021 Result
Candidates can check the all-important details related to AFCAT 2021 Result given below. IAF will prepare a list of candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the online AFCAT 2021 as fixed by the IAF.
- Indian Air force has released the AFCAT 2021 result at IAF official website.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the online AFCAT 2021 result will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards.
- Those who have applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centers.
- The AFSB centers are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB)
- Those candidates who have opted for a flying branch can only opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi
- Candidates who have qualified in the written exam are required to choose AFSB date and venue by themselves on the official website to generate call- up letter for AFSB interview.
AFCAT 2021 Counselling
AFCAT 2021 Counselling will be done in three stages at AFSB centres. Refer to the given below points for more information:
- That candidate who qualified the screening test would undergo subsequent testing.
- All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check for their eligibility for the branches applied for.
- Candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
The psychological test will be conducted on Day1 and the Group Tests and Interview would be held after the document check.
For Flying Branch
- There would be a Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) administered.
- This is once in a lifetime test.
- Candidates who have failed the CPSS in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible.
Documents Required for AFCAT 2021 counselling
- AFCAT Admit card
- 12 class mark sheet issued by CBSE/ICSE/State Board.
- Graduation/Post Graduation degree.
- For final year students, a Certificate from the College Principal, mentioning the following with proper stamp and seal of the Institution is required:-
- Name of the College.
- Name of the University.
- Discipline in which Graduation/ Post Graduation obtained.
- Aggregate Percentage.
- Likely Date of Declaration of Final Result (in DD/MM/YYYY Format).
- Two copies of each document mentioned above
- NCC Certificate(if applicable)
- Twenty copies of the passport size coloured photographs.
AFCAT 2021 Application Form
The AFCAT 2021 Application Form is available twice in a year as mentioned above. The Application Form for AFCAT-I 2021 exam can be accessed online through the official website. The candidates can refer to this link and hence submit their Application Form. Also, the candidates must check for the official notification related to the exam from time to time to know about the latest updates of the exam. The candidates need to follow the two steps mentioned below to submit their Application Form: Registration and filling of the application form.
First Step: The information about the Registration part is given below:
- The candidates firstly need to go to the official website of the Indian Air Force as already mentioned.
- Then click on the AFCAT Login Button for the Registration.
- After that, the candidates need to fill their registration details (name, contact number and e-mail ID, etc.) on the new window opened.
- Candidates would be sent a new registration ID and Password to the e-mail ID which is generated after the successful submission of the registration form.
- They need to have all the documents for the reference while filling the form.
- Candidates need to use their Registration ID and Password which they will receive on the registered mail.
- Then, the candidates have to fill all the details according to the instructions given there.
- After that, they have to choose their branch, center, subject, etc. of the exam.
- Next step is uploading the signature and a recent passport size photograph as per the specifications which have been prescribed.
- Candidates must submit the application form only after carefully checking all the facts and take out a printout of the same for future use.
- Also need to provide all the information carefully and correctly. The authority might take legal actions against the candidates if they are found to mislead the authority.
AFCAT 2021 Application Fee
Mode of payment: AFCAT 2021 Application Form Fee can be paid online using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
- Registration Form Fee for AFCAT 2021 is Rs 250/- which is not refundable and it is not applicable for NCC special entry and Meteorology.
Note: No cash or cheque or demand draft (DD) will be accepted towards payment of examination fee.
AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must make ensure that they fulfill the AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria which the concerned authority has prescribed to appear in AFCAT exam 2021 (Air Force Common Admission Test). The candidates need to fulfill the following requirements:
Ground Duty (Technical)
- Candidates need to have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks at the graduation level in any discipline with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
- They must have done four years of graduation or integrated PG in Technology/Engineering or
- Also, should have a score of 60% in Section A & B of the exam conducted by Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The age limit for Air Force entrance exam 2021 is between 2nd July 1994 and 1st July 2000 only.
- Candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation stream along with Mathematics and Physics in 12th standard or B.Tech/B.E. or
- Candidate needs to score 60% marks in Section A & B of the exam conducted by Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Age limit is between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2000.
Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- The candidate should have a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in their graduation stream and the candidate need to score 60% marks in Section A & B of the exam conducted by Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- AFCAT 2021 exam age limit is between 02 July 1994 and 01 July 2000 only.
Important note: Apart from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, the candidate must be both mentally and physically sound. The persons having any kind of physical impairment are not eligible.
AFCAT 2021 Highlights
Candidates can go through the important details about the exam to get a quick review:
AFCAT 2021 Basic Details
AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test)
Indian Air Force
Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying
AFCAT 2021 Official website
To offer admission for the candidates who wish to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical), Flying.
Stay connected for more updates about AFCAT 2021 at Indian Air Force.
About Indian Air Force
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth amongst the air forces of the world. Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict. It was officially established on 8 October 1932 as an auxiliary air force of the British Empire which honoured India's aviation service during World War II with the prefix Royal. After India gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1947, the name Royal Indian Air Force was kept and served in the name of Dominion of India. With the government's transition to a Republic in 1950, the prefix Royal was removed after only three years.