AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020 has been released by the Indian Air Force. AFCAT 02/2020 has been reschedule to be held on 03, 04 and 05 October 2020. For the preparation of the examination, a candidate must go through the exam pattern first. By going through the exam pattern candidate will get an estimate about the marking criteria. The candidate is advised to go through the below-given article to know more about AFCAT Exam Pattern.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020
The candidate is advised to go through the AFCAT exam pattern before starting the preparation of the Common Admission Test exam. Candidate can refer to the below-given section to know the exam pattern in detail. Given below the scheme of AFCAT Paper Pattern 2020:
- Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch.
- The AFCAT exam duration will be 120 minutes (two hours).
- The AFCAT exam duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
- AFCAT paper will consist of four sections as (i) General Awareness, (ii) Numerical Ability, (iii) Reasoning & Military Aptitude and (iv) Verbal Ability in English.
- EKT Paper will consist of Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics engineering subjects.
- All the questions will be multiple choice question (MCQs) in nature.
- AFCAT paper will be of 300 marks and EKT paper will be of 150 marks.
Given-below the overviews of AFCAT Paper Pattern 2020:
AFCAT 2020 Question Paper Structure
|Exam||Subject||Duration||No. of Question||Total marks|
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal|
Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and
Military Aptitude Test
with one of
Science and Electrical &
The following table shows the approximate number of questions asked from each section and marks of each section.
AFCAT Paper Pattern 2020
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
AFCAT Exam Marking Scheme 2020
AFCAT entrance exam marking scheme is as follows:
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
- No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) 2020
Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) is mandatory for those applicants who wish to opt for Ground Duties (Technical) Posts. The details of EKT 2020 are as under:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Electrical & Electronics|
Note the following important points about AFCAT Exam Pattern for EKT:
- For every correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt.
- There will not be any deduction for un-attempted questions.
Important Instructions for AFCAT
Candidates appearing for AFCAT must be aware of the AFCAT Exam Pattern 2020. Interested candidates appearing for AFCAT 2020, should make his or her preparation strategy based on the exam pattern. Here are some important instructions for candidates appearing for AFCAT 2020.
- Candidates are advised to start with General awareness section as it takes less time. This section does not involve calculations and complex questions. If the candidate is clear them it will take very less time for them to coverup topics.
- Military aptitude test seems to be a little tricky in AFCAT as compared to other subjects. However, with clear concepts, the candidate can tackle heavy questions in the exam easily. The candidate is advised to prepare their notes regarding the formulas and questions from various topics.
- Logical reasoning and Numerical ability are considered as the toughest section of all. Candidates are advised to divide the topics into three parts depending on their level of preparation of the topics as:-
- Best preparation
- Good preparation
- Need more preparation
Dividing topics as per strength would help the candidate to strategize their preparation in a monotonous manner. Writing important formulae, squares, cubes over the wall of your study table will help you revise in your subconscious every time you look at those.