Allahabad University PGAT 2023 i.e. AU Postgraduate Admission Test notifications will be released soon for M.Sc, MBA, and LLM by Allahabad University whereas for other courses the result is awaited. The candidates will be offered admission under various courses in PGAT programs such as M.Sc., MFA, MPA, MTech, etc. courses. PGAT 2023 is a state-level entrance exam. It offers admission into various courses in the field of Science, commerce, law, arts, and other fields. The examination is held once a year at the university level and is conducted in both online and offline mode by the University of Allahabad. The aspirants must go through the whole article to get all the information related to AU PGAT 2023, Important dates, Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Results, and Counselling. Read the complete article to get the complete details.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023: Important Dates, Application Process, Eligibility, and Exam Details
- The University of Allahabad has extended the last date for submitting applications for the Post Graduate Admission Test (PGAT) 2023 until May 20.
- The PGAT 2023 exam will be conducted both online and offline from June 2 to June 4, 2023.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for PGAT 2023 for admission to various PG and professional courses by visiting the direct application link available at allduniv.ac.in.
- The application correction window for candidates who have completed the registration process and submitted the fees will be open from May 17 to May 20, 2023. However, certain details like email-id, mobile number, type of disability (PwD), and course applied cannot be corrected.
- PGAT 2023 will be conducted at different centers, including Prayagraj, Lucknow, Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, and Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, as well as New Delhi.
- However, the exam will be conducted only online at Bhopal, Kolkata, Patna, and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The University of Allahabad will begin the registration process for the postgraduate admission test (PGAT 2023) from April 25th.
- The Allahabad University PGAT 2023 is scheduled to be conducted in the first week of June.
- A total of 9,467 seats will be available for PG courses through PGAT 2023-24.
- Candidates seeking admission to PG courses at Allahabad University must submit the application form through the official website by May 16th, 2023.
- Registration can be done through aupravesh2023.cbtexam.in or by clicking on the PGAT-2023 link available on the university website, allduniv.ac.in.
- Out of the total PG seats offered through the admission test, 4,203 seats are for the university campus and 5,264 seats are for the constituent colleges.
- The results of PGAT 2023 are expected to be declared by the last week of June 2023.
- Counseling for admission to different courses may start from the second week of July 2023.
- PGAT 2023-1 will be conducted for 32 courses, including LLB, MCom, and LLM, and PGAT-II will be conducted for 24 courses, including BEd, MEd, MBA (RD), and MBA, along with professional courses offered by the Institute of Professional Studies (IPS) such as MCA, MSc Food Tech, MVoc Media Studies, and PGDCA.
- Allahabad University PG entrance exams for PGAT-I, LLB, MCom, and LLM will be conducted in both online and offline mode, while PGAT-II and IPS courses will be conducted only in online mode.
- Online mode exams will be held in Bhopal, Kolkata, Patna, and Thiruvananthapuram districts, and both online and offline mode exams will be conducted in Prayagraj, Lucknow, Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, and New Delhi.
- The PGAT 2023 question paper will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 300 marks.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Status from the below table:
AU Postgraduate Admission Test
|Notification||Official notification is released|
|Exam date||Not Announced|
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Dates
Candidates can check all the important dates of Allahabad University PGAT 2023 in the table given below:
Allahabad University PGAT Dates
|LLM and LLB (Hons)||June 2, 2023||First Shift (9:30AM -11:30AM) Second Shift (2 PM - 4 PM)||Online and offline|
|MCom||June 2, 2023||Second Shift (2 PM - 4 PM)||Online|
|PGAT 1||June 3, 2023||First Shift (9:30AM -11:30AM)||Online and offline|
|IPS and PGAT 2||June 4, 2023||First Shift (9:30AM -11:30AM) Second Shift (2 PM - 4 PM)||Online|
|PGAT 2||June 5, 2023||First Shift (9:30AM -11:30AM) Second Shift (2 PM - 4 PM)||Online|
What is Allahabad University PGAT ?
Answer: The Allahabad University Post Graduates Admission Test (AU PGAT) is an entrance exam conducted by the Allahabad University for admissions in various postgraduate courses and programmes. This test is conducted every year to select eligible candidates for admission in Master’s level, M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes offered by the departments of Arts, Science and Commerce of Allahabad University.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Application Form
The Allahabad University PGAT 2023 application form is available in online mode. on the official website. Interested applicants for this Allahabad University PGAT 2023 program, must read the following points to fill the online AU PGAT application form 2023 without missing any important detail.
- Visit the official website of the conducting University.
- Follow the steps of the application process one by one which includes- Registration, Selection of program, filling in basic details, uploading images (passport size photograph and signature), and payment of the Application fee/Registration fee.
- Candidates must check the complete details filled in the application form before its final submission to authority.
- The last date to fill out the application form/registration form for Allahabad University 2023 will be announced soon by the official authority.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Application Fee
Appearaing candidates must check the AU PGAT 2023 Application Processing Fee/Registration fee for the various category is mentioned below:
AU PGAT Online Registration Fee 2023
|Unreserved, EWS and OBC Category(PGAT I)||Rs. 800/-|
|ST/SC/PH (PGAT I)||Rs. 400/-|
|Unreserved, EWS and OBC Category(PGAT II)||Rs 1600/-|
|ST/SC/PH (PGAT II)||Rs 800/-|
The fee once paid will not be refunded by the official authority under any circumstances, so students are advised to fill out the application form cautiously to avoid any difficulty in the future..
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the Application form fee/Registration fee through online mode using credit card/debit card/net banking.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the AU PGAT 2023 must go through some of the vital information on Allahabad University PGAT Eligibility Requirements 2023 is given below:
- M.A. (Ancient History, Medieval & Modern History, Philosophy, Political Science, Education, English Literature/Language, Hindi, Mass Communication, Theatre & Film): Graduation in all disciplines.
- M.A. (Sociology, Sanskrit, Urdu): B.A. Part III Examination or the BA (Honours) Exam with the same subject in which admission is sought as the main subject.
- M.A. (Development Studies): Minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade in High School & Higher Secondary/Intermediate and 55% Marks or equivalent grade in Bachelor of Social Work/ B.Com/ BA in Economics/ BSc (Ag)/ Bachelor in Development Studies/ Globalization and Development.
- M.A/M.Sc (Mathematics, Defence Studies, Geography): BA/B.Sc Part III Exam or the BA/BSc(Hons.) Exam with the same subject in which admission is sought as the main subject
- MA(Economics): BA Part III Exam in the same subject in which admission is sought or the BA(Honours) Exam with the same subject in which admission is sought as the main subject or candidates must have studied Economics or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects up to at least the BA/BSc Part-II level.
- MA(Painting): BA Part III Exam or the B.A.(Honours) Exam with the same subject in which admission is sought as the main subject: BFA(Four Year Course) or the BVA(Four Year Course) is also eligible.
- MSc(Computer Science): Candidate who has passed BSc (3 years degree course) with Mathematics & Physics/ Electronics/Computer Sci/ Computer Maintenance/ Computer Applications as two of his/ her optional subjects up to BSc Part II level, or an equivalent degree from any recognized University/ Institution, with an aggregate of at least 50% marks (for all categories) are eligible
- MA/MSc(Statistics): BA/BSc Part III Exam or the BA/BSc (Hons) with the same subject in which admission is sought, BA/BSc Part III with Mathematics as a subject, with Statistics as a subject up to at least BA/BSc(Part II) Exam, or have passed the BA(Hons)/ BSc (Hons)exam with Mathematics as the main subject
- M.Com: BCom/ BSc/ BSc(Honours)
- MFA (Master in Fine Arts): F.A degree course with Applied Arts, Sculpture, Graphics, Textile Design and Painting with specialized area from a recognized University or equivalent exams thereto with 55% marks in aggregate and not of more than 27 years of age by 30th June 2020 shall be eligible to apply
- MSc (Material Science): Candidate should be BSc with Physics OR Chemistry as one subject in III years. Provided he/she has Mathematics as one subject at least up to II year
- MTech (Earth System Sciences): Candidates should be a Master’s degree in Physical Sciences/Mathematical Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Life Sciences/Geosciences/any cognate discipline or a B.Tech/BE with marks/ CPI not below the 55%marks/ 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) (50% for SC/ST candidates) for appearing in the entrance exam
- M.P.Ed. : A Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed): equivalent, or Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Health & Physical Education with at least 50% marks for General and 45% marks for SC/ST/ OBC candidates and those sportspersons who have represented India in International Championship
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates appearing for the university exam must follow the following procedure in order to download the Allahabad University PGAT Admit Card 2023 :
- Allahabad University PGAT Admit Card for all the valid applications will be released through online mode.
- Candidates can download the Allahabad University PGAT admit card from the official website.
- Candidates have to enter the login credentials(Registration Number and Password, Date of Birth(DOB)) provided during the application process.
- Then the candidates have to check all the details such as Name, Photograph, Signature, Subject name, Exam Timing, Name of the Venue & Address, etc. before downloading it. If they find any discrepancy, they are advised to contact the exam authority immediately.
- It’s a must-have document to appear for the exam. Candidates also need to carry a photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN Card,/Voter id card/ Driving License) and a passport size photograph along with the admit card to the exam center.
- Keep the admit card until the entire admission process gets over.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Pattern is mentioned below containing all the exam related information:
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Mode of Examination
Online (CBT) & Offline (Pen & Paper)
Duration of Examination( Both Offline and Online)
120 minutes (2 hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+2 for Correct and -0.5 for Incorrect
Medium of examination
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Syllabus
The Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Syllabus will be from the following sections:
- General Aptitude: General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, etc.
- Subject Proficiency test: Questions from the particular subject candidate will apply for.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Result
The vital information regarding Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Result is given below:
- Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Result has been announced online.
- Students are requested to follow to results and scorecard according to which they will be further notified for counseling and allotment of colleges.
- For all the further proceedings, Scorecard and Admit card would be mandatory as a set of proof that the candidate had appeared for the examination and has qualified for the Exam.
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Counseling
The counseling process for the Allahabad University PGAT 2023 starts after the announcement of the result through online mode. The candidates who meet the cut-off criterion are shortlisted for counseling. As per the exam, all necessary documents will be verified. After that, candidates can take admission for the course allotted to them by paying the course fee.
Documents Required at Allahabad University Counseling
Following are the documents that candidates need to carry at the time of counseling for PGAT 2023:
- Admit Card
- Photo Identity Proof
- Passport Size Photograph
- Academic Certificates
Allahabad University PGAT 2023 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the AU PGAT 2023 exam:
AU PGAT 2023 Basic Details
Allahabad University Post Graduate Admission Test 2023 (AU PGAT 2023)
AU PGAT Official website
To offer admission in various Postgraduate programs
Stay connected to Allahabad University Post Graduate Admission Test 2023 [AU PGAT] connected by Allahabad University.
allahabad university admission 2021-22 Allahabad university pg entrance exam 2023 Allahabad university entrance exam 2023 application form Allahabad university pg entrance exam date 2023 Allahabad university ug admission 2021 Allahabad university entrance exam 2021 application form date Allahabad University official website Allahabad university entrance exam