AP PGLCET 2020 is scheduled to be held on 01 October 2020 & the hall ticket can be downloaded from 20 September 2020 until the exam date. Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu on behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. This article will provide all the information regarding AP PGLCET 2020 examination which includes Important dates and Eligibility Criteria for the candidates, Application form and Fees information, Pattern and Syllabus regarding the examination and a lot more.
- The exam date for AP PGLCET 2020 01 October 2020
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card from 20 September 2020.
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the dates for PGLCET exam from the below table:
|Online application starting date||11 March 2020|
|Last date for form submission (without late fee)||15 June 2020|
|Last date for form submission (with Rs. 500/- late fee)||07 July 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.1000/-||16 July 2020|
|Last Date for Submission of Application with a Late fee of Rs.2000/-||05 September 2020|
|Correction in Application Form Date||10-13 July 2020|
|Admit card release date||20 September 2020|
01 October 2020
|Date of Release of Provisional answer key|
02 October 2020
|Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key|
05 October 2020
AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
will be available on the official website
of AP PGLCET by the 20 September 2020
. Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of the exam. A photo identity from any one of the following is acceptable:
- Driving license
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- Admit Card if found with incorrect details shall lead to debarring of the candidate from appearing for the entrance examination.
- Rectify all mistakes if there are any in the application form as there would be a window for corrections.
How to Download TS PGLCET 2020 Hall Ticket?
Candidates must follow the below-mention steps to download their admit cards:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of TS PGLCET exam
- Step 2: Click on “Hall tickets” link
- Step 3: Enter TS PGLCET 2020 application number and date of birth (in Day/Month/Year format)
- Step 4: Click on “Get Hall Ticket” button
- Step 5: Download TS PGLCET admit card
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern
AP PGLCET 2020 Exam Pattern is mentioned below which has all the details like mode of examination, duration of the examination, several types of questions asked, the language in which the exam can be taken by the students etc.
AP PGLCET Exam Structure
Mode of Examination
Duration of Examination
90 minutes (one and a half hours)
No. of Questions asked
Type of Questions
+1 for Correct and NO Negative Marking
Medium of examination
PGLCET Section-wise division of questions is mentioned below:
Public International Law
Crimes and Torts
IPR and Other Laws
In the given table, subjects are divided into sections and the number of questions each subject contain is also mentioned. Candidates are advised to refer the table to prepare accordingly.
AP PGLCET 2020 Syllabus
Sri Krishnadevaraya Univesity entrance test will consist of two Parts - Part A & Part B. AP PGLCET 2020 Syllabus will comprise the topics from both the parts. Detail syllabus is given hereby:
Part A - Jurisprudence
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of law, Rights and duties-Ownership and possession, Persons, Obligation, Liability, Property, Legal sanctions, Custom Precedent and Legislation,
- Constitutional Law
- Nature of the Constitution: Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Rights, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations Emergency Provisions, Amendments to the Constitution.
Part B - Public International Law: International law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and Outer Space, Extradition, Asylum, Nationality and Statelessness, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
- Mercantile Law: General principles of contract (sections 1-75, Indian contract ACT-1872).
- Labor Law: Trade Union Act 1926, Industrial Disputes ACT 1947.
- Crimes: India Penal code -General Principle and General Exceptions.
- Torts: Defences, Joint Liability, General Principles of Tort, State Liability for torts, Consumer Protection Act 1986.
- IPR and Other Laws: Copyright Act, 1957, Patents Act, 1970: Environmental Protection ACT, 1986: Human rights, The protection of human rights ACT, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology, Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005.
AP PGLCET 2020 Result
AP PGLCET 2020 Result would be announced by the third week of May 2020 on the official website. Candidates who have qualified the examination must go download their scorecards as it will help in future references at the time of counselling and admission.
AP PGLCET 2020 Counselling
AP PGLCET 2020 Counselling will be held after the result declaration. Shortlisted candidates will be called for verification of documents and for that authorities will get in touch with them.
- Candidates must carry all the documents in original and photocopy at the time of reporting for counselling failing to which their candidature might get cancelled.
- Once the verification process is over, the candidates will do the choice filling for the colleges they wish to study in.
- The selected candidates will be offered admission subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria mentioned above in the article and if found with any mismatch in the information provided by the candidate, can directly lead to cancellation of the candidature.
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Form
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Form
has been made available on the official website
from 11 March 2020
and will close by the 10 April 2020.
There would be an option to rectify mistakes if there are any for which the official website will open the correction window by 20-21 April 2020 and will get closed in the same week.
These are a few guidelines applicants must go through before they fill the application form:
- All the details asked for in Registration/Application form are Mandatory.
- Email ID and mobile number should remain the same till the admission process is completed otherwise students might not get all the important details.
- An Email ID once used for Registration online cannot be used again.
- Ensure that the Online Application Form is filled properly with all complete details.
- Incomplete/incorrect applications are liable to be rejected at any stage without prior information to the candidate.
- Multiple application forms from the same candidate will result in confusion leading to disqualification of the candidate.
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Fee
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Fee is mentioned below along with the methods of paying it:
- Application fee for AP PGLCET will be Rs. 850/-.
- Mode of Payment: The payment of application fee can be done in online mode using Net Banking/Debit card /Credit card.
AP PGLCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
AP PGLCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below for all the candidates and must be checked thoroughly to avoid any hassles during the examination and further Admission proceedings (if qualified):
- Nationality & Domicile: Applicants should have Indian nationality and should satisfy Local/Non-local status requirements.
- Age limit: Age for admission into law courses is subject to the rule position at the time of admission.
- Educational qualification: Category wise qualification is given below:
AP PGLCET Eligibility Criteria
|For OC Candidates||B.L./LLB degree with a minimum of 50% marks|
|For BC Candidates||B.L./LLB degree with a minimum of 50% marks|
|For SC/ST Candidates||B.L./LLB degree with a minimum of 45% marks|
Note: The applicants who have obtained post graduation through the single sitting system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission into the law courses.
AP PGLCET 2020 Highlights
Check the basic information related to AP PGLCET exam 2020:
|AP PGLCET 2020|
Sri Krishnadevaraya University
Postgraduate Courses in Law
To offer admission in various Postgraduate courses in Law
About Sri Krishnadevaraya Univesity
Sri Krishnadevaraya University is a public university in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India, founded on 25 July 1981. SKU, Ananthapuramu, had its beginning as a Postgraduate Centre of Sri Venkateswara University in the year 1967-68. It gained autonomy in the year 1976. Initially, Sri Krishnadevaraya University functioned as a unitary University. SKU has conferred the status of an affiliating University in the year 1988. The University has now five colleges on the campus:
- SKU College of Arts
- SKU College of Sciences
- SKU College of Engineering and Technology
- SKU College of Education
- SKU College of Pharmacy