BITSAT 2023 Exam Pattern will be released by the conducting authority - Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani. BITSAT is a national level entrance exam organised to offers admissions into various Integrated First Degree Programmes. BITS is a Deemed University which offers the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test through online mode. After qualifying the exam, candidates will get the admission into its affiliated campuses of Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Candidates can go through the article below to know the complete format of BITSAT 2023 Exam Pattern.
BITSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
BITS Admission Test 2023 examination will be conducted through Online (CBT) mode tentatively in the third week of May 2023. The BITSAT 2023 exam pattern/paper pattern contains information such as exam mode, marking scheme, exam duration, etc. The candidates must check the BITSAT 2023 examination pattern before starting their preparations.
Candidates can check the complete BITSAT 2023 Exam Pattern mentioned below:
- Examination Mode: The exam will be conducted through Online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Examination Date: Tentatively in the third week of May 2023.
- Division of Question Paper: The question paper will be divided into four sections:
- Logical reasoning and English proficiency
- Number of Questions: Total number of questions in BITSAT paper will be 150.
- Type of Questions: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ).
- Language/Medium of the Question Paper: The question paper will be in the English language.
- Time Duration: Total time allotted for the exam will be 180 minutes (Three hours).
- Marking Schemes: For every correct answer 3 marks will be allotted and one mark will be deducted as a penalty for every wrong answer.
Section-Wise distribution of question and the details of the marking scheme are given in the table below:
Section Wise Distribution of Questions of BITSAT
Number of questions
Important Information About BITSAT 2023
The candidates must carefully read all the information about BITS Admission Test 2023 examination given below:
- There is no time limit for each part of the test. The candidate can go back and change any of his/her answers among the 150 questions.
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 extra questions, if there is still time left.
- These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology only; four questions from each part.
- Once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
- All the questions and instructions of the test will be mentioned in English only. Candidates should bring their pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided by the authority in the examination hall only, if required.
- Calculators and logarithmic tables or mobile phones are not allowed in the test centres.