BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria is set by the official authority. BITS Admission Test is a University Level Entrance Exam which will be organised from 06-10 August 2020 organized by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani. BITS exam is organised to offer admission into various Integrated First Degree Programmes. The candidates will get admission into B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc programmes after qualifying the exam. The entrance exam of BITSAT 2020 will be conducted through Online mode (CBT) between the third week to last week of May 2020. Applicants can go through the whole article below to know about officially announced eligibility of BITS Admission Test 2020.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria is a set of parameters prescribed by the exam conducting body which the candidates has to eligibility meet to not get their application form rejected. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the BITSAT 2020 Eligibility to know whether they are eligible for the exam they are applying for.
The BITSAT 2020 eligibility include:
- Age criteria
- Nationality criteria
- Subject criteria
- Marks criteria
- Qualifying Exams
- It is important for the candidates to note that if they are found ineligible in one of the above criteria their candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidates appearing for BITSAT 2020 must have cleared 10+2 exam from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- The candidates must also have 60% marks in each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent exam.
- Applicants who have appeared in 10+2 examination or equivalent in the year 2019 can apply for BITSAT 2020.
The full details of BITSAT 2020 Application Form eligibility are given in the table below:
No such specified age limit for BITSAT but candidate who has appeared for 10+2 or equivalent in 2019 can only apply.
Candidates all over India can apply.
Candidates who are not from must have passed “A” levels (conducted by Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate etc.
The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology
75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology.
60 % in each of the subjects mentioned.
10+2 from a central recognized state board, central board or equivalent.
Candidates appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed their 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
For all courses except B.Pharm:
- Exam Qualification: Candidate must have completed their 10+2 level or any equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Subject Qualification: Applying candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exams with their core subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Also, he/she must possess proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have got aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have scored 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams can also apply.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2020 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT 2020 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered.
- Students who have passed 10+2 examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITS Admission Test 2020.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT 2020.
Eligibility for Admission through BITSAT 2020
- Admissions into various campuses located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad will be made purely on merit.
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT 2020.
- However, candidates eligible for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.