BLAT 2020 or B.A. LL.B. Admission Test is rescheduled to be held on 11 September 2020, is an entrance test organised by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi. This exam makes candidates eligible for admission to BHU Law programme. BLAT is a university-level exam and held once a year. BLAT 2020 exam has ben postponed. Candidate can go through the following article to know more about the application and examination process of BLAT 2020.
- BLAT 2020 exam date is 11 September 2020.
- The admit card can be downloaded now from the BHU exam portal.
BLAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to get the BLAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website. Below mentioned details can be checked for the hall ticket:
- The admit card is available for download.
- Candidates are advised to check to admit card properly. If there is an error contact the Controller of Examinations (CoE) BHU, Varanasi and get them corrected.
- Download and print this admit card.
- Carry the admit card with you to the examination venue.
- Along with the admit card, Candidate has to bring Aadhar card to the examination venue.
- If the applicant doesn't have an Aadhar card, they may bring one of the following to the exam venue:
- Ration card
- Bank passbook
- Any other valid Government ID
BLAT Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who will apply for the entrance test of BLAT for the year 2020 must check out the exam pattern to know more about the test paper including the mode, medium, time duration, marking scheme etc. This will help applicants to secure good marks and for the better preparation check the following information:
- Exam Mode: Computer-based (Online).
- Types of Question: Both modes have objective type (Multiple types) questions only.
- Exam Duration:120 minutes i.e. 2 hours for attempting the whole paper and section of BLAT 2020.
- Type of Questions: Question-related to Current Affairs & General Awareness, Mental Ability, Legal Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- A number of QuestionsTotal questions will be 150 in the paper.
- Total Marks: Maximum 450 marks for all the four sections.
- Marking Scheme: Student must be aware that there is negative marking for each wrong answer. The candidate will get 3 marks for every correct answer given and one mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt. The non-attempted answer will not get any mark.
BLAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for BLAT 2020 covers objective question based on many diverse topics. Questions are mainly from English Comprehension, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- BHU Law Entrance question paper will include two sets of multiple-choice questions based on Comprehension in Hindi and English language.
- Candidates who have opted English as their medium of answering will have to attempt English Comprehension questions from the paper.
- Candidates who have opted for Hindi as their medium of answering will have to attempt Hindi Comprehension questions from the BLAT paper.
The question paper weightage of the subjects is equally dispersed in the form of objective type questions.
- The English Comprehension includes questions to check the Language capability of candidates.
- Questions in General Awareness and Current Affairs are based on the general awareness and current affairs and the latest changes taking place on both global and national front to check candidate’s awareness at the social topics.
- Questions in Aptitude and Mental Ability section are based on logic and knowledge to check the candidate’s decision-making ability.
- Common Legal Knowledge question is summed up with the legal questions that are commonly known and are generally asked as a part of general knowledge. This section consists of questions from all the topics concerning social, general, political and logical questions to be eligible to study for the applied course.
BLAT 2020 Prepataion Tips
Below we are providing some best preparation tips to score well in the BHU Law entrance test?
- Candidates must know the syllabus of the exam.
- Must be familiar with the exam pattern, type of questions, exam timing, etc.
- This exam will measure critical thinking skills, so concentrate on reasoning type questions.
- Take help from the reference books and also practice from the previous year’s question papers.
- Revision is must to keep thing in mind.
BLAT 2020 Exam Centre
This test will be held at the following BLAT 2020 Exam Centres:
BLAT 2020 Application Form
Banaras Hindu University has released the BLAT 2020 application form
in online mode on 30 January 2020
. Candidates seeking admission to the Five-year integrated law program need to duly fill the BLAT 2020 application form before 12 March 2020
and pay the application fee. Considering admission will only be extended only to such candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, one needs to confirm one’s eligibility before filling the BLAT application form.
- The candidates need to register themselves on BHU’s portal using their email ID and mobile number.
- After registering, the candidates would be asked to fill out their personal information. Candidates are advised to use National identity card such as Aadhar card to provide accurate and verified information.
- After successful authentication of the candidate’s identity, they may proceed to choose their course according to their eligibility.
- Now the candidate would be required to upload a recent colour photograph of themselves as well as a scanned copy of their signature.
- In the last step, the candidate has to pay the application form registration fee according to their category.
- Applicants are advised to take a print out a copy of the application form for future use.
BLAT 2020 Application Fees
After successful filling all the details in the registration form, Candidates will be asked to pay the BLAT application fee. Candidate can refer to the following table which shows the major important highlights of BHU Law test 2020 Application Fee
BLAT 2020 Registration Fee Details
|Method of Applying for BHU law test 2020||Online|
|Application fee for Gen/OBC candidates ||Rs. 600|
|Application fee for SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 300|
|Modes Of Payment|
- Online (Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card)
- Offline ( challan payment at any branch of HDFC)
Interested candidate must keep the following details while paying the registration fee in their mind:
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- After completing the registration form, if the candidate has opted for offline methods candidates can download the challan by clicking on the ‘Cash Payment through HDFC Bank’.
BLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through following eligibility criteria according to the course before starting the application process. Eligibility criteria for each of the course under BHU BLAT are given below:
- Bachelor of Laws-LLB (Hons.):
- Candidates must have completed graduation in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A or any other degree in 10+2+3 pattern from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have secured at least a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law-B.A. LLB:
- Candidates should have completed their Senior Secondary board or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- OR candidates must be appearing for their Higher Secondary or equivalent board examination in 2020.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% percentage marks in the qualifying examination. Applicants belonging to reserved categories will be provided with some reduction in total aggregate i.e. 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST.
BLAT 2020 Answer Key
BHU is supposed to release BLAT 2020 answer key in the First week of May 2020. Banaras Hindu University will release the answer key of BLAT 2020 for all groups of the question paper. The BLAT 2020 answer key will be published in two stages– provisional answer key and final answer key. The BLAT 2020 provisional answer key will come a week later after the final exam and the final answer key of BLAT will be published again by the authority after some time.
If required, Candidates can file an objection against BHU 2020 answer key if at all one finds any mistake or error with regards to any question or released answers in the answer key.
BLAT 2020 Results
The BLAT 2020 Results will be declared on the website of the competent authority. The details are:
- The result for BLAT will be out soon after the exam.
- Candidates will be eligible for admissions according to their marks and rank.
- Cut-off and rank will be defined according to every category (General, SC, ST, OBC, Employee ward, Visually impaired, Hearing impaired and Orthopaedically impaired).
- Applicants can continue their admission procedure further based on their category wise rank.
BLAT 2020 Counselling
BLAT 2020 counselling will commence from the first week of July 2020 in which all the candidates who have qualified the examination will be invited and the process of seat allocation, document verification and confirmation of admission will take place.
BLAT Cutoff 2020
The university will release the category-wise BLAT 2020 cutoff for admission to the 5-year integrated law program. The cutoff of BLAT 2020 is the last score (or rank) for which admission is offered by the university. So, if any candidate will score below the cutoff score or rank he or she will not be allotted seats. The BLAT cutoff 2020 will depend on various factors like the number of applicants, sanctioned seats, category of the candidate, etc. If any factor on which cutoff depends changes, the cutoff is also be supposed to change. For example, if any university decides to increase the number of seats, the cutoff would go down, but other parameters should remain the same.
BLAT Cutoff 2019
GEN - OBC
GEN - EWS
GEN - SC
BHU Employee - EWS
BLAT 2020 Highlights
Check the basic information about BLAT 2020 below in the given table:
BLAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||BLAT 2020|
|Conducting body||Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi|
|BLAT Official Website||http://bhuonline.in/|
|Exam Mode||Online as well as Offline|
|Exam Purpose||To offer various Law programme in BHU at National Level|
Banaras Hindu University
Banaras Hindu University
(BHU) is a highly prestigious and reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of UP-Varanasi. BHU is a creative and innovative university and was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya
, in 1916 with the cooperation of some great leaders like Dr Annie Besant, who had done a lot to make it one of the best University of India. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary legislation that is B.H.U. Act of 1915. It played a very important role in the independence movement and has developed into the greatest centre of learning. This university brought many great freedom fighters and builders of India and has immensely who contributed to the progress of the nation by a large number of renowned scholars, artists, scientists and technologists. The main campus of this premiere Central University is spread in 1300 acres, with well-maintained roads, extensive greenery, a temple, an airstrip and buildings that are an architectural delight. The Air Field of BHU campus was started for military training for flying during the second world war. Another campus of the university at Barkachha, in Mirzapur district, covering an area of 2700 acres is under developing phase. The university comprises of 3 Institutes, 14 Faculties, 140 Departments, 4 Interdisciplinary Centers a constituent college for women's and 3 Constituents Schools, covering a huge range of subjects from all the branches of humanities, social science, technology, medicine, science, fine arts and performing arts. Mainly the university has 6 centres of Advanced Studies, 10 Departments under Special Assistance Programme and a large number of specialized Research Centers. In Varanasi, four Degree Colleges are affiliated to the University.