BLAT 2021 i.e. BHU Law Entrance Test 2021 will be conducted in August 2021 tentatively by the Banaras Hindu University. This exam is conducted every year at the university level. Candidates get the opportunity to get admissions to three-year law programs. Candidates who are interested in entering into the 3-year LLB program from Banaras Hindu University need to apply for the BHU LLB entrance exam. It is advisable that candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. The candidate can go through the following article to know more about the application and examination process of BLAT 2021.
BLAT 2021 Exam Status
Candudates can check the BLAT 2021 exam status from the below table:
BHU Law Entrance Test 2021 Status
|Official notification is yet to release|
BLAT 2021 Important Dates
Following are the important dates of BLAT 2021.
|Application start date||July 2021|
|Application last date||July 2021|
|Admit card release date||August 2021|
|Exam date||August 2021|
BLAT 2021 Application Form
Banaras Hindu University will release the BLAT 2021 application form
in online mode from July 2021
. Candidates seeking admission to the Five-year integrated law program need to duly fill the BLAT 2021 application form and pay the application fee. Considering admission will only be extended only to such candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, one needs to confirm one’s eligibility before filling the BLAT application form.
- The candidates need to register themselves on BHU’s portal using their email ID and mobile number.
- After registering, the candidates would be asked to fill out their personal information. Candidates are advised to use National identity cards such as Aadhar cards to provide accurate and verified information.
- After successful authentication of the candidate’s identity, they may proceed to choose their course according to their eligibility.
- Now the candidate would be required to upload a recent color photograph of themselves as well as a scanned copy of their signature.
- In the last step, the candidate has to pay the application form registration fee according to their category.
- Applicants are advised to take a print out a copy of the application form for future use.
BLAT 2021 Application Fees
After successfully filling all the details in the registration form, Candidates will be asked to pay the BLAT application fee. Candidate can refer to the following table which shows the major important highlights of the BHU Law test 2021 Application Fee
BLAT 2021 Registration Fee Details
|Method of Applying for BHU law test 2021||Online|
|Application fee for Gen/OBC candidates ||Rs. 600|
|Application fee for SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 300|
|Modes Of Payment|
- Online (Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card)
- Offline ( challan payment at any branch of HDFC)
Interested candidate must keep the following details while paying the registration fee in their mind:
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- After completing the registration form, if the candidate has opted for offline methods candidates can download the challan by clicking on the ‘Cash Payment through HDFC Bank’.
BLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the following eligibility criteria according to the course before starting the application process. Eligibility criteria for each of the course under BHU BLAT are given below:
- Bachelor of Laws-LLB (Hons.):
- Candidates must have completed graduation in B.Sc/B.Com/B.A or any other degree in 10+2+3 pattern from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have secured at least a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree examination.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law-B.A. LLB:
- Candidates should have completed their Senior Secondary board or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- OR candidates must be appearing for their Higher Secondary or equivalent board examination in 2021.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% percentage marks in the qualifying examination. Applicants belonging to reserved categories will be provided with some reduction in total aggregate i.e. 45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST.
BLAT Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates who will apply for the entrance test of BLAT for the year 2021 must check out the exam pattern to know more about the test paper including the mode, medium, time duration, marking scheme, etc. This will help applicants to secure good marks and for better preparation check the following information:
- Exam Mode: Computer-based (Online).
- Types of Question: Both modes have objective type (Multiple types) questions only.
- Exam Duration:120 minutes i.e. 2 hours for attempting the whole paper and section of BLAT 2021.
- Type of Questions: Question-related to Current Affairs & General Awareness, Mental Ability, Legal Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- Several QuestionsTotal questions will be 150 in the paper.
- Total Marks: Maximum 450 marks for all four sections.
- Marking Scheme: Students must be aware that there is a negative marking for each wrong answer. The candidate will get 3 marks for every correct answer given and one mark will be deducted for every wrong attempt. The non-attempted answer will not get any marks.
BLAT 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for BLAT 2021 covers objective questions based on many diverse topics. Questions are mainly from English Comprehension, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability, and Common Legal Knowledge.
- BHU Law Entrance question paper will include two sets of multiple-choice questions based on Comprehension in Hindi and English language.
- Candidates who have opted for English as their medium of answering will have to attempt English Comprehension questions from the paper.
- Candidates who have opted for Hindi as their medium of answering will have to attempt Hindi Comprehension questions from the BLAT paper.
The question paper weightage of the subjects is equally dispersed in the form of objective-type questions.
- The English Comprehension includes questions to check the Language capability of candidates.
- Questions in General Awareness and Current Affairs are based on the general awareness and current affairs and the latest changes taking place on both global and national front to check candidate’s awareness of the social topics.
- Questions in the Aptitude and Mental Ability section are based on logic and knowledge to check the candidate’s decision-making ability.
- Common Legal Knowledge question is summed up with the legal questions that are commonly known and are generally asked as a part of general knowledge. This section consists of questions from all the topics concerning social, general, political, and logical questions to be eligible to study for the applied course.
BLAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Below we are providing some best preparation tips to score well in the BHU Law entrance test.
- Candidates must know the syllabus of the exam.
- Must be familiar with the exam pattern, type of questions, exam timing, etc.
- This exam will measure critical thinking skills, so concentrate on reasoning-type questions.
- Take help from the reference books and also practice from the previous year’s question papers.
- Revision is a must to keep things in mind.
BLAT 2021 Exam Centre
This test will be held at the following BLAT 2021 Exam Centres:
BLAT 2021 Admit Card
The candidates will be able to get the BLAT 2021 Admit Card from the official website. Below mentioned details can be checked for the hall ticket:
- The admit card is available for download.
- Candidates are advised to check to admit card properly. If there is an error contact the Controller of Examinations (CoE) BHU, Varanasi, and get them corrected.
- Download and print this admit card.
- Carry the admit card with you to the examination venue.
- Along with the admit card, the Candidate has to bring an Aadhar card to the examination venue.
- If the applicant doesn't have an Aadhar card, they may bring one of the following to the exam venue:
- Ration card
- Bank passbook
- Any other valid Government ID
BLAT 2021 Answer Key
BHU is supposed to release BLAT 2021 answer key in the First week of May 2021.
- Banaras Hindu University will release the answer key of BLAT 2021 for all groups of the question paper.
- The BLAT 2021 answer key will be published in two stages– provisional answer key and final answer key.
- The BLAT 2021 provisional answer key will come a week later after the final exam and the final answer key of BLAT will be published again by the authority after some time.
- If required, Candidates can file an objection against BHU 2021 answer key if at all one finds any mistake or error with regards to any question or released answers in the answer key.
BLAT 2021 Results
The BLAT 2021 Results will be declared on the website of the competent authority. The details are:
- The result for BLAT will be out soon after the exam.
- Candidates will be eligible for admissions according to their marks and rank.
- Cut-off and rank will be defined according to every category (General, SC, ST, OBC, Employee ward, Visually impaired, Hearing impaired, and Orthopaedically impaired).
- Applicants can continue their admission procedure further based on their category-wise rank.
BLAT Cutoff 2021
The university will release the category-wise BLAT 2021 cutoff for admission to the 5-year integrated law program. The cutoff of BLAT 2020 is the last score (or rank) for which admission is offered by the university. So, if any candidate will score below the cutoff score or rank he or she will not be allotted seats. The BLAT cutoff 2021 will depend on various factors like the number of applicants, sanctioned seats, category of the candidate, etc. If any factor on which cutoff depends changes, the cutoff is also be supposed to change. For example, if any university decides to increase the number of seats, the cutoff would go down, but other parameters should remain the same.
BLAT Cutoff 2019
GEN - OBC
GEN - EWS
GEN - SC
BHU Employee - EWS
BLAT 2021 Counseling
BLAT 2021 counseling will commence from the first week of July 2021.
- Candidates who will qualify in the BLAT 2021 entrance exam and are included in the merit list will be eligible to participate in BLAT 2021 counseling.
- The counseling process will be conducted in online mode (computerized counseling).
- Shortlisted candidates will be issued BLAT 2021 counseling call letters, which the candidate has to download and produce at the time of counseling.
- BLAT counseling 2021 process will include various steps like online preference entry, document verification, and payment of admission fee.
- The seat allotment of BLAT 2021 will be done based on the merit rank of the candidate and preference entry. Candidates who have opted for seat up-gradation will be taken in subsequent rounds of counseling.
BLAT 2021 Highlights
Check the basic information about BLAT 2021 below in the given table:
BLAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||BLAT 2021|
|Conducting body||Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi|
|BLAT Official Website||http://bhuonline.in/|
|Exam Mode||Online as well as Offline|
|Exam Purpose||To offer various Law program in BHU at National Level|
Banaras Hindu University
Banaras Hindu University
(BHU) is a highly prestigious and reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of UP-Varanasi. BHU is a creative and innovative university and was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya
, in 1916 with the cooperation of some great leaders like Dr. Annie Besant, who had done a lot to make it one of the best University in India. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary legislation that is B.H.U. Act of 1915. It played a very important role in the independence movement and has developed into the greatest center of learning. The main campus of this premiere Central University is spread in 1300 acres, with well-maintained roads, extensive greenery, a temple, an airstrip, and buildings that are an architectural delight. Another campus of the university at Barkachha, in Mirzapur district, covering an area of 2700 acres is under developing phase. The university comprises of 3 Institutes, 14 Faculties, 140 Departments, 4 Interdisciplinary Centers a constituent college for women's, and 3 Constituents Schools, covering a huge range of subjects from all the branches of humanities, social science, technology, medicine, science, fine arts and performing arts. Mainly the university has 6 centers of Advanced Studies, 10 Departments under the Special Assistance Programme, and a large number of specialized Research Centers. In Varanasi, four Degree Colleges are affiliated with the University.