BLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria is prescribed by the Banaras Hindu University. Candidates who wish to appear for the Banaras Law Admission Test (BLAT) are required to check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Banaras Hindu University before filling the application form. Only the candidates who fit in the eligibility criteria set by the university will be allowed to appear for the Banaras law admission test. For admission to the university's law programmes, the Banaras Hindu University administers the BLAT law entrance test. Applicants are chosen based on their BLAT exam scores and must have completed their final qualifying degree. For undergraduate and postgraduate entrance, BHU holds two separate tests. UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) for undergraduate admission and PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test) for postgraduate entrance (Postgraduate Entrance Test).
BLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates who meet the specified eligibility requirements are eligible to appear for the BLAT 2022. The educational and age requirements for the BLAT 2022 admission exam for several law courses at BHU are shown below.
LLB (Hons.) Course
Candidates for LLB Honours at BHU must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must have completed a BA, B.Sc., B.Com., or any comparable exam from a recognised university or institute in order to apply for the exam.
- Minimum marks: Applicants must have received at least 50% in their qualifying exams to be considered for the admission exam.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must be under the age of 30 to be considered for the exam.
BA LLB (Hons.) Course
The following eligibility conditions must be met in order to appear and attend the examination for BA LLB Honours.
- Educational Qualifications: The applicant must have passed the HSC examinations or an equivalent test in any stream.
- Minimum Marks: To be eligible for the entrance exam, aspirants must have received at least 50% in their qualifying exams (45 percent for OBC category applicants and 40 percent for SC, ST category students).
- Age Limit: Applicants must be at least 20 years old to apply for the exam.
- Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are currently taking the HSC final exam are also eligible to apply.
The following qualifying requirements must be met by candidates applying for an LLM, which is a master's level legal programme.
- Applicants must have a three-year or five-year LLB degree from a recognised institution or college in order to apply for the exam.
- Minimum score: Applicants who want to apply for the exam need have a minimum score of 50 percent.
- Age Requirements: There is no upper age limit for applying for an LLM.