FDDI AIST 2021 or Footwear Design and Development Institute All India Selection Test is organised for undergraduate & PG admission in Footwear design and Leather goods, Retail and Fashion Merchandise, Footwear Production and Accessories Design. The exam is conducted once a year at the National level. FDDI offers Bachelor and Master degree programmes with a view of fulfilling student`s need for improving skills, acquiring professional qualifications, to be able to manage both educational and professional development at the workplace and have diversification of knowledge. The candidates can check the details about FDDI AIST 2021 exam viz Application form, Eligibility, Admit Card, etc.
- The Result(Merit List) of FDDI AIST 2020 had been released on 06 August 2020, as per new admission process.
FDDI AIST 2021 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important FDDI AIST 2021 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Application process starts||To be Announced|
|Last date for submitting the application form||To be Announced|
|Window to edit/update the Application Form||To be Announced|
|Availability of Admit Cards||To be Announced|
|Entrance Test date||To be Announced|
|Merit list display||To be Announced|
|Dates of Counselling 2021||To be Announced|
|Last date for Fee submission||To be Announced|
|Date of reporting at the allotted campuses||To be Announced|
FDDI AIST 2021 Application Form
- Candidates who want to appear for FDDI AIST 2021 required to fill the Application form on time which is available on the official website.
- The candidates appearing for the first time have to enter as ‘New Candidate’ in the website.
- All the information must be read carefully and all the required details such as photograph, signature and documents should be uploaded by the applicant in the format of JPG and JPEG.
- Mention the course you are applying for and fill in the personal details. Proceed by clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
- A unique login ID and password is sent to the candidate via SMS and Email. With this, the registration process gets completed.
FDDI AIST 2021 Application Fee
Applicants for FDDI AIST shall select the course of their choice and make the application fee paid.
Payment Mode –
FDDI AIST Registration Fees 2021
Mode of Payment
Fees (For all category candidates)
Credit Card / Dedit Card
After successful payment of fees for FDDI AIST 2020, the candidates shall take a print out of the confirmation page which could be used for future reference.
FDDI AIST 2021 Application Form Correction
Candidates who successfully submit their Application Form with Fees are able to edit mistakes for a specified period. In order to make correction in the application form, they have to log in with their registered email address and Birth Date. Candidates able to make corrections in their personal details only, they can edit or change their exam centre/time.
FDDI AIST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The FDDI AIST 2021 eligibility are as follows:
- Candidates will be eligible to apply for the Undergraduate Programmes only if they have passed or appeared for 10+2/ qualifying examinations in the year 2020 -21 in any stream from any recognized board of education.
- 7.5 per cent of the total number of available seats in each course is reserved for Industry- sponsored candidates.
FDDI AIST 2021 Exam Pattern
FDDI AIST 2021 will be an online multiple-choice exam. The exam will consist of 200 questions under four different sections. The candidate can appear for the exam either in English or Hindi. The time duration of the test will be two and a half hour. There will be one mark for each correct answer and no negative marks shall be given for incorrect answers.
Section Wise Question Pattern of FDDI AIST 2021
Type of Questions
Total number of questions
Business Aptitude Test (BAT) for B.Des - RFM or Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Design Programmes (B.Des-FDP, B.Des-LGAD & B.Des-FD)
The candidates are requested to keep visiting the page for more updates.
FDDI AIST 2021 Syllabus
Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI) did not share any prescribed syllabus for the FDDI AIST. But the topics that are given below should be considered by the aspirants while studying for the examination.
FDDI AIST Syllabus for BDes –
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Verbal Ability
- General Awareness
- General Knowledge
- Colour and composition
- FDDI AIST Syllabus for MDes-
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension & Analytical Ability
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- General Awareness
- Colour and composition
- Students have to be updated with current affairs to prepare for general awareness section.
FDDI AIST 2021 Preparation Tips
Before going for the exam the candidates must make notes for best result. Following are preparation tips for FDDI AIST 2021 exam:
- Candidates should be able to manage their time wisely to not get exhausted during their study time. A proper schedule should be made and followed.
- Since the Exam has no negative marking, the students should appear for the examination to attempt every single question and not leave any question blank.
- While studying, students should take enough breaks to make sure that their mind is calm and composed.
- Students should have all the knowledge about the current affairs which would be helpful for them for scoring high in the General Awareness Section.
FDDI AIST 2021 Admit Card
FDDI AIST Admit card 2021 will be released on the official website. Applicants will have to offer any two of the following credentials - Date of Birth, Application Number, and Email ID for downloading the FDDI AIST Admit Card. Candidates will have to take a print out of the Admit Card and keep it with them because they will not receive any hard copy of the Admit Card for FDDI All India Selection Test under any circumstance. The exam will be organised in 31 cities in India.
Steps to download the admit card –
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Footwear Design and Development Institute.
- Step 2: Click on the link given for downloading the admit card.
- Step 3: Enter login credentials. After this, Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: Download and take a print out of the Admit card for future references.
The applicants must bring the print out of the FDDI AIST Admit Card comprising of their passport size photograph on the day of examination.
FDDI AIST 2021 Result
The Result will be uploaded online on the official website of Footwear Design and Development Institute (FDDI). The merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the FDDI Admission process.
Steps to check FDDI result 2021-
- Check the official website of FDDI.
- Proceed and check for the `FDDI AIST 2021 RESULT’ Section.
- Fill all the login details and click on the Submit Button.
- The Result will be displayed Online. Take a print out of the Result for future references.
FDDI AIST 2021 Counselling
The Footwear Design and Development Institute All India Selection Test counselling will be done after the exam result will be announced.The candidates can check the details regarding counselling from the points given below:
- After the announcement of results, the FDDI will release the list of Merit Rank Holders who will have to report to FDDI Noida Campus on a specified date along with the required documents.
- The counselling of FDDI AIST involves programme and campus allotment to qualified candidates depending on their rank and merit in the entrance exam.
- Aspirants who get allotted with the seats will have to pay Rs 25,000 immediately after the counselling session to reserve the seats. Seven working days will be given to the candidates for depositing the balance fee.
- It is necessary to know that counselling charges will not be refunded if the candidate wishes to withdraw from admission.
FDDI AIST 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check seat distribution for admission to different categories and campuses below
|SC(Scheduled Caste)||15% of seats reserved|
|ST(Scheduled Tribe) ||7.5% of seats reserved |
|OBC (Non-Creamy) ||27% of seats reserved |
|Physically Disabled||3% of seats reserved |
Total Intake Per Campus:
|Campus||Total no. of Seats|
|Noida||375 of seats|
|Chennai||360 of seats|
|Kolkata||255 of seats|
|Fursatganj||300 of seats|
|Rohtak||300 of seats|
|Hyderabad||330 of seats|
|Jodhpur||210 of seats|
|Chandigarh||255 of seats|
|Chhindwara||150 of seats|
|Ankleshwar||180 of seats|
|Guna||165 of seats|
|Patna||195 of seats|
Courses Offered by FDDI
FDDI offers Bachelor and Master degree programs. Most of these programs have been developed after an initial survey of the demand for such studies. The FDDI Courses are as follows:
Bachelor Degree Programmes (4 Years)
- B. DES. (FOOTWEAR DESIGN & PRODUCTION)
- B. DES. (LEATHER GOODS & ACCESSORIES DESIGN)
- B. DES. (FASHION DESIGN)
Bachelor Degree Programme (3 Years)
- BBA (RETAIL & FASHION MERCHANDISE)
Master Degree Programmes (2 years)
- M. DES. (FOOTWEAR DESIGN & PRODUCTION)
- M. DES. (CAD)
- MBA (RETAIL & FASHION MERCHANDISE)
FDDI AIST Examination Centres
The test centres of FDDI AIST are as follows:
FDDI AIST 2021 Highlights
The highlights for the FDDI are as follows:
FDDI AIST Highlights
FDDI AIST 2021
Exam Full Name
FDDI All India Selection Test
Footwear Design and Development Institute
Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programme
FDDI Official website
To offer undergraduate admission in Footwear design and Leather goods, Retail and Fashion Merchandise, Footwear Production and Accessories Design.
About Footwear Design and Development Institute
The FDDI was established in the year 1986 by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. Footwear Design and Development Institute is a premier academic and training institution dedicated to the development and growth of the Footwear & Product, Leather Products, Retail and Fashion Merchandise and Fashion Design sectors.
FDDI offers Bachelor and Master degree programmes in the areas of Footwear Design & Production, Retail & Fashion Merchandise, Production and Management, Leather Goods and Accessories Designs & Fashion Design, besides offering short term Industry-specific programmes.