GSET 2020 Syllabus has been released on the official website by Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara. Gujarat State Eligibility Test is organized once a year at the state level to test the eligibility of the candidates for Assistant Professor. GSET 2020 exam has been held in December 2020. Candidates must go through the given below article regarding GSET 2020 syllabus which is as per the previous year's syllabus.
GSET 2020 Subject Wise Syllabus
The candidates can go through the following details regarding the GujaratSET subject wise syllabus.
Syllabus for Mathematical Sciences
The applicants can check the syllabus for Mathematical Sciences for gujset below:
Analysis- Elementary set theory, finite, countable and uncountable sets, Real number system as a
complete ordered field, supremum, infimum, archimedean property, Metric spaces, connectedness. Normed Linear Spaces, Functions of several variables, directional derivative, partial derivative, derivative as a linear transformation, inverse and implicit function theorems. etc.
Linear Algebra- Vector spaces, linear dependence, basis, dimension, algebra of linear transformations, subspaces, Eigenvalues and eigenvectors, Algebra of matrices, rank and determinant of matrices, reduction and classification of quadratic forms, etc.
Complex Analysis: The complex plane, polynomials, power series, Algebra of complex numbers,
transcendental functions such as exponential, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, Analytic functions, Conformal mappings, Mobius transformations, Taylor series, Laurent series, calculus of residues, etc.
Algebra- Combinations, pigeon-hole principle, inclusion-exclusion principle, Permutations,
derangements, Fundamental theorem of arithmetic, divisibility in Z, congruences, Chinese Remainder Theorem, Euler’s Ø- function, primitive roots, Polynomial rings and irreducibility criteria, etc.
Topology: basis, dense sets, connectedness and compactness, subspace and product topology, separation axioms.
Ordinary Differential Equations (ODEs)- Existence and uniqueness of solutions of initial value problems for first-order ordinary differential equations, singular solutions of first-order ODEs, system of first-order ODEs, General theory of homogenous and non-homogeneous linear ODEs, variation of parameters, Sturm-Liouville boundary value problem, Green’s function.
Partial Differential Equations (PDEs): Method of separation of variables for Laplace, Heat and Wave equations, Classification of second-order PDEs, General solution of higher-order PDEs with constant coefficients, etc.
Numerical Analysis- Numerical solutions of algebraic equations, Rate of convergence, Solution of systems of linear algebraic equations using Gauss elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods, Hermite and spline interpolation.
Calculus of Variations: Euler-Lagrange equation, Variation of a functional, Necessary and sufficient conditions for extrema. Variational methods for boundary value problems in ordinary and partial differential equations.
Linear Integral Equations: Characteristic numbers and eigenfunctions, resolvent kernel, Linear integral equation of the first and second kind of Fredholm and Volterra type, Solutions with separable kernels.
Classical Mechanics: Lagrange’s equations, Generalized coordinates, Hamilton’s canonical equations, Hamilton’s principle and the principle of least action, Euler’s dynamical equations for the motion of a rigid body about an axis, the theory of small oscillations, Two-dimensional motion of rigid bodies.
Descriptive statistics, exploratory data analysis, Sample space, Bayes theorem, Modes of convergence, Limit theorems (i.i.d. case), Independent random variables, etc.
Syllabus for Physical Sciences
The applicants can check the syllabus for Physical Sciences for GujaratTET below:
Part A " Core"
Mathematical Methods of Physics- Dimensional analysis, Linear algebra, matrices, Vector algebra and vector calculus, matrices, Cayley-Hamilton, Central limit theorem, Fourier series, Fourier and Laplace, transforms, etc.
Classical Mechanics- Newton’s laws, relativistic kinematics and mass-energy equivalence, Non-inertial frames and pseudo forces, Conservation laws and cyclic coordinates, etc.
Electromagnetic Theory- Electrostatics: Gauss’s law and its applications, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, Ampere's theorem, dary value problems, Magnetostatics: Biot-Savart law, Ampere's theorem, etc.
Quantum Mechanics- Wave-particle duality, Tunneling through a barrier, Motion in a central potential: orbital angular momentum, etc.
Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics- Laws of thermodynamics and their consequences, Maxwell relations, Thermodynamic potentials, phase equilibria, etc.
Electronics and Experimental Methods- Semiconductor devices (diodes, junctions, transistors, field-effect devices, homo- and hetero-junction devices), Operational amplifiers and their applications, etc.
Part B " Advanced"
Mathematical Methods of Physics- Green’s function, Finite difference methods, Tensors, Elements of computational techniques: the root of functions, interpolation, extrapolation, integration by trapezoid and Simpson’s rule, etc.
Classical Mechanics- Dynamical systems, invariance and Noether’s theorem. Hamilton-Jacobi theory, etc.
Electromagnetic Theory- Dispersion relations in plasma, Transmission lines and waveguides, etc.
Quantum Mechanics- Relativistic quantum mechanics: Klein-Gordon and Dirac equations, etc.
Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics- Diamagnetism, paramagnetism, and ferromagnetism. Ising model, etc.
Electronics and Experimental Methods- Linear and nonlinear curve fitting, chi-square test, amplification (Op-amp based, instrumentation amp, feedback), etc.
Atomic & Molecular Physics- Quantum states of an electron in an atom, Quantum states of an electron in an atom, etc.
Condensed Matter Physics- Josephson junctions, Superfluidity, Defects and dislocations, Ordered phases of matter: translational and orientational order, etc.
Nuclear and Particle Physics- Nature of the nuclear force, form of nucleon-nucleon potential, charge-independence and charge-symmetry of nuclear forces. Deuteron problem,etc.
Syllabus for Chemical Sciences
The syllabus for GUJ SET for Chemical Sciences are mentioned below:
Inorganic Chemistry- Chemical periodicity, Transition elements and coordination compounds: structure, bonding theories, spectral and magnetic properties, reaction mechanisms, etc.
Physical Chemistry- Basic principles of quantum mechanics, Approximate methods of quantum mechanics, Atomic structure and spectroscopy, Chemical bonding in diatomics, Chemical applications of group theory, Molecular spectroscopy, etc.
Organic Chemistry- IUPAC nomenclature of organic molecules including regio- and stereoisomers, Principles of stereochemistry, Aromaticity, Chemistry of natural products, Pericyclic reactions, Asymmetric synthesis, etc.
Interdisciplinary topics- Chemistry in nanoscience and technology, Catalysis and green chemistry, Medicinal chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry, Environmental chemistry.
Syllabus for Life Sciences
The applicants can check the below list for the syllbaus of life sciences.
- Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology
- Cellular Organization
- Fundamental Processes
- Cell Communication and Cell
- Developmental Biology
- Methods in Biology
- Applied Biology
- Evolution and Behavior
- Ecological Principles
- Diversity of Life Forms
- Inheritance Biology
- System Physiology – Animal
- System Physiology – Plant
Syllabus for HINDI, GUJARATI
The applicants can check the attached PDF for this.
Syllabus for Sanskrit
Foe Sanskrit subject the applicants will need to prepare the following topics:
- General Introduction of Vedic Literature: Main theories regarding the Vedās, Saṁhitā Literature, Dialogue Hymns, Brāhamaṇa-Literature, Āraṇyaka Literature, Vedāṅgas.
- Specific Study of Vedic Literature
- Darśana Literature: Special Study- Īśvarakṛṣna, Bādarāyaṇa, Laugākṣibhāskara; Arthasaṁgraha, etc.
- Grammar and Linguistics
- Specific Study of Grammar
- Sanskrit Literature, Poetics and Prosody
Syllabus for History
The applicants can go through the following for the syllabus of history:
- Negotiating the Sources: Archaeological sources: Exploration, Excavation, Myths, Legends, etc.
- Pastoralism and Food production
- Indus/Harappa Civilization
- Vedic and later Vedic periods
- Expansion of State system
- From State to Empire: Rise of Magadha
- Dissolution of Empire and Emergence of Regional Powers
- Gupta Vakataka age
- Harsha and his Times
- Salankayanas and Visnukundins in Andhradesa
- The emergence of Regional Kingdoms
- Kingdoms in Eastern India
- Kingdoms in Western India
- Kingdoms in North India:
- Characteristics of Early Medieval India
- Trade and urbanization
- Growth of Brahminical religions
- Education and Educational Institutions
- Source of Medieval Indian History
- Administration & Economy
- Society and Culture
- Sources of Modern Indian History
- Colonial Economy
- Rise of Indian Nationalism
- Historical Method, Research, Methodology and Historiography
Syllabus for Sociology
The applicants can go through the following for the syllabus of Sociology for GUJ SET 2020 exam:
- Classical Sociological Traditions
- Structure- Functionalism and Structuralism
- Hermeneutic and Interpretative Traditions
- Post Modernism, Post Structuralism and Post Colonialism
- Indian Thinkers
- Conceptualizing Social Reality
- Formulating Research Design
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
- Sociological Concepts
- Social Institutions
- Social Stratification
- Social Change and Processes
- Rural and Peasant Society
- Urban Society
- Political Processes in India
- Social Movements and Protests
- Economy and Society
- Environment and Society
- Family, Marriage and Kinship
- Science, Technology and Society
- Culture and Symbolic Transformations
Syllabus for Economics
The applicants can go through the following for the syllabus of Economics:
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Mathematical Economics
- International Economics
- Public Economics
- Money & Banking
- Growth and Development Economics
- Environmental Economics and Demography
- Indian Economy
Syllabus for Political Science
The candidates can chekc the below list:
- Political Theory
- Political Thought
- Indian Political Thought
- Comparative Political Analysis
- International Relations
- India’s Foreign Policy
- Political Institutions in India
- Political Processes in India
- Public Administration
- Governance and Public Policy in India
Syllabus for Psychology
The following are the list for the GUJSET for Psychology:
- Emergence of Psychology
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Psychological testing
- The biological basis of behaviour
- Attention, Perception, Learning, Memory and Forgetting
- Thinking, Intelligence and Creativity
- Personality, Motivation, emotion, stress, and coping
- Social Psychology
- Human Development and Interventions
- Emerging Areas
Syllabus for English
The applicants can check the below list for the syllabus of English for GUJSET:
- Fiction, Short story
- Non-Fictional Prose
- Language: Basic concepts, theories, and pedagogy. English in Use.
- English in India: history, evolution, and futures
- Cultural Studies
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Theory post World War II
- Research Methods and Materials in English
Syllabus for Library and Information Science
The interested aspirants can go through the following for the syllabus of Library & Information Science.
- Data, Information, Knowledge and Wisdom
- Historical Development of Libraries in India; Committees and Commissions on Libraries in India.
- Information Sources - Nature, Characteristics, Types and Formats.
- Community Information Services
- The universe of Knowledge - Nature and Attributes; Modes of Formation of Subjects.
- Management - Principles, Functions and Schools of thought
- Computer Technology
- Library Automation
- Research - Concept, Purpose, Functions, Scope and Ethics; Types of Research – Basic and Applied, Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary.
- Academic Library and Information System
Syllabus for Law
The syllabus for Law for GSET exam are as follows:
- Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Public Internation Law & IHL
- Law of Crimes
- Law of Torts & Consumer Protection
- Commercial Law
- Family Law
- Environment & Human Rights Law
- Intellectual Property Rights & Information Technology Law
- Comparative Public Law & Systems of Governance
Syllabus for Commerce
The candidates can check the syllabus for Commerce for Gujarat SET exam:
- Business Environment and International Business
- Accounting and Auditing
- Income-tax and Corporate Tax Planning
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Finance
- Business Economics
- Business Management and Human Resource Management
- Business Statistics and Research Methods
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Marketing Management
Syllabus for Management
The syllabus for Management subjects are as follows:
- Decision Making
- Managerial Economics
- Value-Based Organisation
- Group Behaviour
- Emotions and Stress Management
- Job Analysis, Job Evaluation, and Compensation Management
- Strategic Role of Human Resource Management
- Employee Engagement & Work-Life Balance
- Career Planning and Development
- Trade Union & Collective Bargaining
- Accounting Principles and Standards
- Capital Structure
- Financial Management, Concept & Functions
- Value & Returns
Syllabus for Computer Science & Applications
The applicants can go through the syllabus for Computer science below in the list:
- Discrete Structures and Optimization
- Computer System Architecture
- Programming Languages and Computer Graphics
- Database Management Systems
- System Software and Operating System
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Theory of Computation and Compilers
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Syllabus for Earth Science
The syllabus for Earth Science for GSET preparation are as follows:
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
- Mineralogy & Petrology
- Structural Geology & Geotectonics
- Paleontology & Its Applications
- Sedimentology & Stratigraphy
- Signal Processing
- Numerical analysis and inversion
- Physical Meteorology
- Atmospheric Electricity
- Cloud Physics
- Chemical Oceanography
Syllabus for Physical Education
- Teaching Aptitude
- Physical education and adapted physical education
- Social aspects of sports
- Biochemical aspects of exercise
- Mechanical analyses of major sports skills
- Linear and angular kinematics and kinetics
- Management- its principles and theories
Syllabus for Home Science
- Food Science & Food Service Management
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Apparel Designing
- Resource Management & Consumer Issues
- Housing & Interior Design
- Child/Human Development
- Family Studies
- Communication for Development
- Extension Management & Community Development
Syllabus for Social Work
- Nature and Development of Social Work
- Areas of Social Work Practice
- Research in Social Work
- Social Work with Individuals and Groups
- Indian Constitution, Social Justice, Human Rights, and Social Work Practice
Download the GSET 2020 Syllabus PDF