GSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria will be set by the exam conducting body- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara (Nodal Agency). Gujarat State Eligibility Test is conducted once a year at the state level in the 11 test centres. The exam date has not been announced yet hence the applicants are requested to keep visiting the page to know the same. Also, the candidates applying for this exam must know the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The details for GSET 2020 eligibility criteria are written down.
GSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information about GSET 2020 Eligibility is mentioned in this section. The applicants must go through the GSET 2020 eligibility carefully. The application form will be rejected if the candidate does not match the eligibility of the entrance exam.
- The applicants applying for this exam must be holder of Master's degree recognised by the UGC in a subject of GSET.
- The UGC specified Master's degree holders who have completed or are pursuing are eligible to appear.
- Candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree or certificate/diploma approved by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate, with Master's degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- General/ General-EWS Candidates who have scored 55% marks ( 50% marks for Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC)- Non-Creamy Layer/ Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste/Physically Handicapped/Visually Handicapped/Transgender candidates) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from university/institutions recognised by UGC are eligible.
- Candidates appearing for GSET must have Science, Humanities (including languages), and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications.
- Applicants who are pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent OR those having their awaited result for final year Master's degree OR those whose qualifying exam has been delayed are eligible to apply for GSET 2019.
- The transgender belonging to General/General-EWS Category will get the 5% relaxation in their qualifying exam for GSET 2020.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
- There is No upper age limit for the GUJ SET 2020 exam.
Provisions of Eligibility for GSET 2020
The details are given below for the provisions for GSET.
- Candidates whose qualifying exam has been delayed are eligible for Assistant Professor exam (GSET) only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks for Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST /PwD(PH/VH) / Transgender category candidates).
- Such applicants must complete their Master's Degree within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET examination with required percentage of marks, on failing which they will be treated as disqualified.