GSET 2020 is conducted by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara (Nodal Agency). Gujrat State Eligibility Test is organised for selecting the candidates for Assistant Professor/ Lectureship. The exam is organized once a year at the State Level. There are 11 exam centres where this exam is organized in the Gujarat state. The candidates can read the complete article to know all about Gujarat SET 2020 important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, counselling, etc.
- The conducting body will release GSET 2020 Application Form soon.
GSET 2020 Application Form
The Gujarat SET 2020 application form will be
released on the website of the competent authority. The application form will be filled online from the first week of November 2020(tentative). Candidate can fill the GSET exam 2020 registration form till the last week of November 2020. The candidates must fill the form carefully by following the below-given instructions:
- Step 1. The candidates have to visit the GSET official website for the Gujarat SET Online Application Form.
- Step 2. After that, they have to give Order Number and SBI E-pay Reference ID to open the application form.
- Step 3. As the application form page is opened, the applicants can fill the form with the details like
- Academic details
- Category, Physically or Visually disability
- Fee Details, etc.
- Step 4. The candidates have to upload the scanned images of recent passport size photograph & signature.
- Step 5. The applicants must fill the form correctly as no correction will be made once submitted.
- Step 6. After filling the form, the candidates will need to pay the application fee & submit the form.
- Step 7. All are advised to take the printout of the filled application form & keep it safe for future use.
GSET 2020 Application Fee
The GSET 2020 examination fee for different categories is different for the exam. The candidates can check the below table:
GSET 2020 Registration Fees
|General / General-EWS / SEBC Non-creamy layer) candidates||Rs 900/-|
|SC / ST / Transgender candidates||Rs 700/-|
|PWD(PH/VH) Candidates||Rs 100/-|
- Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid online only.
- By using Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking the application fee was payable.
Note- The candidates must note the following points for Application Form-
- The Processing charges and Goods & Services Tax (GST) are to be paid by the applicants, as applicable.
- The candidate should note that the print-out of the online Application Form, fee payment receipt or any other certificate or document is NOT required to be sent to Gujarat State Eligibility test office, Vadodara before he/she is declared as qualified in the GSET Examination.
- Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Cheque, Pay Order, IPO, etc. will be rejected.
GSET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The GSET 2020 eligibility
can be checked online on the official website. Before filling the application form the applicants must check the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Those who have completed/are pursuing in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master's degree.
- The UGC NET/UGC-CSIR qualified candidates are also eligible.
- Those having Post Graduate diploma or certificate awarded by the Indian University or Institute.
- The applicants having a foreign degree or diploma or certificate awarded by the Foreign University or Institute must ascertain their diploma /degree/certificate, with Mater's degree recognized by the Indian Universities, form the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
- The minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SEBC/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category) in Maters's degree or equivalent exam from universities or institutions recognized by the UGC.
- The Ph.D. degree holders ( with 55% marks for General / Unreserved / General-EWS Candidates ) who have completed the Master's level exam by 19 September 1991 will get a relaxation of 5% marks.
- There is no upper age limit for applying in the GSET 2020 exam.
The candidates can check the following table for the subject wise eligibility:
|Subjects Name ||P.G. Mathematical Subjects|
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics / Mathematical Science / Statistics / Applied Mathematics/ Industrial Mathematics|
|Physical Sciences||Physics / Physical Science|
|Chemical Sciences||Chemistry / Chemical Science|
|Life Sciences||Life Science / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Virology / Bioinformatics / Genetics|
|Political Science||Political Science|
|Library and Information Sciences||Library and Information Sciences|
|Computer Science and Applications||Computer Science and Applications & Computer Science|
|Earth Sciences||Geology / Geoinformatics|
|Physical Education||Physical Education|
|Home Science||Home Science|
|Social Work||Social Work|
GSET 2020 Exam Pattern
The GSET examination will consist of two papers. The Exam Pattern of GSET 2020 details are given below:
Gujarat State Eligibility Test 2020 Paper Pattern
|Type of Questions|
|Number of questions|
Paper I- 50 questions
Paper-II- 100 questions
180 Minutes (09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.)
2 marks each (No negative marks)
|Language of paper|
Gujarati and English (except for languages and science subjects)
Note- In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper-I and II, the English Version should be taken as final.
The subject wise exam pattern for GSET 2020 is shown in the table:
|Subjects Name||Medium of Paper||P.G. Course|
|Mathematical Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech. (Science)|
|Life Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.Tech (Science)|
|History||English & Gujarati||M.A.|
|Sociology||English & Gujarati||M.A.|
|Economics||English & Gujarati||M.A.|
|Political Science||English & Gujarati||M.A.|
|Education||English & Gujarati||M. Ed. / M. A.|
|Psychology||English & Gujarati||M.A.|
|Library and Information Sciences||English & Gujarati||M. Lib./ M. Lis.|
|Law||English & Gujarati||LL.M|
|Commerce||English & Gujarati||M. Com.|
|Computer Science and Applications||English||M.C.A / M.Sc. M.C.S / M.E. / M. Tech or Equivalent Degree|
|Physical Education||English & Gujarati||M. P. Ed.|
|Home Science||English & Gujarati||M.Sc. / M.A.|
|Social Work||English & Gujarati||M.S.W/ M.A.|
GSET 2020 Syllabus
- Mathematics Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Political Science
- Library & Information Sciences
- Computer Science & Applications
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Education
- Home Science
- Social Work
The interested candidates can check the syllabus on the official website of the authority. Currently, GSET is conducting the test in 23 subjects across the Gujarat State.
GSET 2020 Admit Card
The applicants are advised to download the GSET Admit Card 2020
from the official website. The hall ticket is mandatory in the examination hall. Candidates can go through the below-given points regarding GSET hall ticket/Admit card:
- The candidates are advised to get xerox of GSET hall ticket & other important documents.
- The GSET hall ticket will be uploaded on GSET website 7 days before Examination day.
- The hall ticket will have the details like:
- Candidate's Name
- Examination centre
- Timing of exam
- Mode of the exam
4. The candidates are requested to carry an identity proof along with the GSET hall ticket for verification purpose like:
- Aadhar card/driving license/voter ID/college or university identity card/PAN card
- Caste certificate
- 10th & 12th mark sheets, etc.
GSET 2020 Answer Key
Those who appeared in the GSET exam could download the GSET Answer Key 2020 from the official website. The important details are given below:
- On payment of Rs. 1000/- per question the candidates were allowed to make a challenge against the Provisional GSET Answer Key.
- By sending a written request to the Member Secretary of Gujarat State Eligibility Test supporting his / her stand with standard books/literature along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 1,000/- per question in favour of the " Member Secretary, GSET" payable at Vadodara, the candidates may challenge the answer key(s).
- The answer keys & demand draft to be sent to the address "The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, B - Block, Chameli Baug, Nr. University Guest House, Prof. C. C. Mehta Road, Vadodara - 390 002".
- The envelope should be marked "Grievance Regarding Answer Key(s) of GSET Examination".
GSET 2020 Result
The GSET 2020 result will be declared on the official website of the conducting body. The important details regarding GSET Result declaration are given below:
- The number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) for the eligibility for Assistant Professor shall be equal to 6% of the candidates who appeared in both the papers of GSET.
- GSET result date will be notified to the candidates by the authorities.
- The candidate must have appeared in both the papers.
- Must have secured at least 40% aggregate marks (for General category candidates) & 35% aggregate marks (for SC/ST/SEBC/PWD(PH/VH/Transgender).
GSET 2020 Exam Centres
The test centres for the GSET entrance exam is mentioned below:
- Vallabh Vidyanagar
Note: The applying candidates must choose the exam centre as per their preference while filling the application form.
Gujarat SET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check GUJ SET Highlights from the table below:
GUJ SET Highlights
Gujarat State Eligibility Test
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
|Mode of Examination|
|Number of Questions|
|Type of Questions|
Multiple Type Questions
|Set of Papers|
2 (Paper I & Paper-II)
|Language of Test|
Gujarati and English
Once in a year
|Level of Exam|
|GSET Official Website|
About the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
The University was established in the year 1881. Formerly it was known as Baroda College. The Maharaja Sayajirao University is a public university in the city of Vadodara in Gujarat, India. It became a university in the year 1949 before it was a college. It was later renamed after its benefactor Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III.
- Today The MSUB has different faculties viz; Faulty of Science, Faculty of Performing Arts, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Management Studies, Faculty of Medicine & Faculty of Pharmacy.
About the State Eligibility Test
The Government of Gujarat Education Department Resolution No MIS-1092-New item-10-KH dated 15/5/2000 initiated the actual implementation process for the conduct of SET in the Gujarat State.
The candidates who will qualify the GUJSET would only be appointed as an Assistant Professor in University/ affiliated college, provided he/she fulfils other academic qualifications prescribed for the post of Assistant Professor by the U.G.C. and is selected by the respective Selection Committee. The SET qualified applicants will only be eligible to be appointed as an Assistant Professor.