HP SET 2021 is organized by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission. The exam is conducted once a year at the State level for determining the eligibility for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in Universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The test will be conducted in 22 subjects at various examination centres. The candidates seeking to give HP SET 2021 exam can go through the complete article below to know more.
HP SET 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check HP SET status from below:
|HP SET Status|
No official notification has been released by the conducting authority.
HP SET 2021 Important Dates
Given below are the dates of HP SET 2021:
HPSET Important Dates 2021
|Commencement of Application Form||August 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||September 2021|
|HPSET 2021 Exam Date||October 2021|
|HPSET 2021 Result date||October 2021|
|HPSET 2021 Counseling||October 2021|
HP SET 2021 Application Form
Before applying for the exam the candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the exam. Applicants can check the HP SET 2021 Application Form details below in given list:
- The application form was released on the official website and the last date to fill the form was 30 December 2020 till 11:59 PM.
- The form can be filled online only, no other mode will be accepted.
- The candidates already registered with HPPSC for other examinations/tests need not register again and they may use their earlier User ID and Password for applying online.
- Application Form must be completed with all the relevant pieces of information in all respects as per the Notification.
- After filling all the details must get the printout of the filled form for all the other uses of it.
HP SET 2021 Application Fee
The HP SET 2021 Examination Fee details can be checked hereby:
HP SET Registration Fee 2021
|General /EWS||Rs 700/-|
|Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer) of H.P. ||Rs 350/-|
|SC /ST of H.P. /BPL(General BPL/SC BPL / ST BPL of H.P., PWD (General PWD/S.C. PWD/ S.T. PWD, OBC PWD) of H.P. & EWS BPL of H.P.||Rs 175/-|
Modes of Payment
- Candidates can pay requisite Examination Fees through Debit Card/ Credit Card and Net Banking.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded.
- Payment through another mode will not be accepted.
HP SET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
HP SET 2021 Eligibility Criteria are listed below which has to be fulfilled to appear for the exam:
- Candidates having a score of 55% marks in Master’s Degree from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for this Test. The SC/ST/Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ and Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in Master’s Degree are eligible for this test.
- Who all are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent or have appeared for their qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s had been completed by 19 September 1991 shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their postgraduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET. Similarly, a candidate having the Degree of Hotel Management is not eligible to appear in the subject of Tourism Administration.
- Candidates having a post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute should in their own.
interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi is eligible to apply.
Exemptions from HP SET
- Those who have a PhD degree as per UGC regulations 2009 are exempt from NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- Such candidates who qualified SET by UGC for Assistant Professor, prior to 01 June 2002, are also exempted.
- In addition, those candidates who cleared SET from 1 Jun 2002 onwards, they are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor post in institutions, colleges, universities in those states where they cleared SET.
HP SET 2021 Exam Pattern
HP SET 2021 Exam Pattern can be checked below:
- Question Type - questions will be asked in an objective manner(MCQ)
- Mode of examination: offline
- The medium of paper: English and Hindi only
- Number of Papers - the eligibility paper is divided into two papers
- Marking Scheme - each paper carry 2 marks per question, no negative making
- Number of total questions: 150
- Marks allotted - total marks of HP SET are 300(150x2)
| Paper|| No of questions|| Marks|| Hours|
|Paper 1||50||100(50x2)||1 hour|
|Paper 2||100||200(100x2)||2 hours|
|total||150 questions||300 ||3 hours|
HP SET 2021 Syllabus
Paper 1: it will be on the general awareness including reasoning, quantitative, blood relations. All questions are compulsory.
Paper 2: It will be conducted, based on the subject selected by the student. All questions are compulsory.
|Life Sciences ||Physical Education|
|Hindi ||Mass Communication And Journalism|
|mathematical Sciences ||Psychology|
HP SET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates can visit the HPPSC official website.
- Enter the following Registration no/Date of Birth.
- After filling the required details candidates can download their respective admit cards.
- Must carry the admission ticket to the exam hall as without it entry would not be possible.
HP SET 2021 Test Centers
HP SET exam centres are listed below:
HP SET 2021 Results
HP SET 2021 result will be declared on the official website of the conducting body. The top 6% of candidates will be declared as qualified and will further be considered as eligible for Assitant Professor.
- The candidates must note that the scorecard will not be sent via post.
- It will have to be checked online on the official website.
HP SET 2021 Cut Off
Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify the exam. The minimum qualifying mark can be checked from the table below for each category.
HP SET 2021 Documents Required
HP SET 2021 Documents required for the qualified candidates are:
- Qualified candidates have to fulfil all the required documents.
- Qualification exam mark sheet
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- category certificate for verification
HP SET 2021 Highlights
check the below-given information regarding HP SET:
HP SET Highlights
|Exam Name||HP SET ( Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test )|
|Organizing Authority||HPPSC(Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission)|
|Frequency of exam||Once a year|
|HP SET Official website||http://www.hppsc.hp.gov.in/hppsc/|
|Appliction link||Relesing soon|