HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 i.e. Himachal Pradesh University Master of Science Nursing Entrance Test will be conducted in November 2023(tentatively) by Himachal Pradesh University. The official notification for HPU M.Sc Nursing has not been released by the official authority. It offers a nursing degree course in government and private nursing colleges in Himachal Pradesh. Eligible female applicants can apply who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) are eligible to apply for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023. Admission is granted on the basis of the entrance test and other selection criteria. It is conducted at the university level annually. To know more about the HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test, scroll down the article.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Exam Status
Candidates can check the HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 exam status from the below table:
Himachal Pradesh University Master of Science Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Status
|Official notification is yet to release|
|Yet to Release|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Important Dates
The candidates can check in the below table important dates for HPU M.Sc entrance exam 2023:
HPU M.Sc Entrance Exam Schedule 2023
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Application form filling starts||To be notified soon|
|Last date for filling the online application||To be announced soon|
|Correction window open date||To be announced soon|
|Date of uploading of admit card||To be announced soon|
|Date of Entrance Test||To be announced soon|
|Date of displaying the Answer Key||To be announced soon|
|Tentative date of declaration of Result||To be announced soon|
|Tentative date of issuance of merit list||To be announced soon|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 application form online on the official website of HPU. Read below a few important points to be kept in mind while applying:
- The form must be submitted online on the university portal only.
- Aspirants must ensure the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Any wrong detail in the form will lead to the cancellation of candidature, hence one should fill in all the valid details.
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- The fee must be deposited via any of the online available modes. Fill in the required card details carefully and DO NOT click on REFRESH or BACK BUTTON until the payment is done.
- Once the form is filled it is advised to get the printout of it for all future references.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Application Fee
Check the category wise fee details hereby;
HPU M.Sc Entrance Exam 2023 Registration Fee
|General Category||Rs 2500/-|
| SC/ST Categories||Rs 1250/-|
Fee once paid will not be refunded by the exam conducting body.
Mode of Payment - Online (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking, etc.)
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Both Male & Female candidates are eligible to apply for the HPU M.Sc entrance test 2023 subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The candidate should be registered as a Registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counselling.
- The candidate should be B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained from the recognized Institutions with not less than 55% aggregate marks.
- Minimum one year of work experience is needed prior to or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and after B.Sc. Nursing from the date of registration at the time of counselling.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Exam Pattern
The examination shall have one written paper in the subjects mentioned hereunder as per the syllabus of GNM / B.Sc. Nursing studies. The candidates can check the HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test scheme 2023 underneath:
HPU M.Sc Admission Test Scheme 2023
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Medium of exam ||English |
|Duration ||02 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Type of questions||MCQ (Multiple Objective Questions)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct response will carry + 1 marks & there will be no negative marking|
|Community Health Nursing||20||20|
|Obstetrics & Gynecological Nursing||20||20|
|Child Health Nursing||20||20|
|Mental health Nursing||20||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||10|
|Applied Nursing ||05||05|
|Research & Statistics||05||05|
|Nursing Education & Administration||05||05|
|Pharmacology, Pathology & genetics||05||05|
|Nutrition, Biochemistry & Biophysics||05||05|
|Psychology & Sociology||05||05|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Admit Card
Himachal Pradesh University will upload the M.Sc entrance test 2023 admit card on the official website. Candidates can check other details about hall ticket in the given points:
- Aspirants will be able to download their hall ticket until the exam date.
- To download the exam call latter candidates will have to use their login credentials i.e. Registration Number & Password.
- No separate Admit cards shall be sent by post by the H.P. University.
- Applicants are advised to keep the hard copy of the admit card will care until the admission process.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Answer Key
The University will display the HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Answer Key on the official website once the exam will be over.
- The examinees will be given an opportunity to raise the objection against the key if dissatisfied.
- Applicants will have to submit the documentary proof, if any, in the office of the Assistant Registrar (Secrecy), HP University Shimla (171005) until the last date as specified.
- Thereafter a final key will be published after which no objection will be allowed to raise.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Result / Merit List
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Result will be on the official website. Check all other details below:
- The selection of the candidates for M.Sc. The nursing course will be done based on the merit of the entrance test. The minimum marks required is 50% for the General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe categories candidates.
- The result and its category wise merit list will be declared/notified as per schedule on the official website.
- The qualified candidates will be called for the counselling process.
- There will be no re-checking/re-evaluation of the Answer-Sheet. However, the candidates can obtain the photocopy of the OMR Answer-sheet under RTI Act,2005 for which the candidates may send a request to the Public Information Officer-Cum-Assistant Registrar (Teaching) Office of the Dean of Studies, H.P. University, Shimla-5 along with a fee of Rs 100/- via Bank Draft/IPOs to be drawn in Favour of Finance Officer, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5.
- No detailed marks cards will be sent to the candidates.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Tie-Breaking
If two or more candidates obtain equal aggregate marks in M.Sc. The nursing entrance test, then their inter-se merit for admission to the course shall be determined as per the following:
- Based on the marks obtained in the order of Subject-wise Sections of the entrance test i.e:-
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Maternal Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Nursing
- Research & Statistics
- Nursing Education & Administration
- Pharmacology, Pathology & genetics
- Nutrition, Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Psychology & Sociology
- General Knowledge
- Even if, the tie still persists then the candidate older in age shall be given preference.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Counseling
The counseling for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 will be organized for all qualified candidates to offer a seat.
- The Director of Medical Education & Research Himachal Pradesh has constituted a committee for completing the admission process of M.Sc. Nursing course in Govt./ Private Nursing College through counseling committee as per scheduled.
- No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counselling.
- The candidates will have to carry their original certificates/documents for verification purposes.
- The counseling fee of Rs. 300/- will have to be paid by the candidates at the time of counselling via IPO/Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, H.P.University, Shimla.
- There will be two rounds of counseling.
- In case the candidate is found ineligible during his/her course of counseling, then no seat will be given.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Highlights
Candidates can get short details about HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 from the below table:
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023 Basic Details
|Exam name||HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2023|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|HPU Official website||https://admissions.hpushimla.in/main.aspx|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper mode)|
About Himachal Pradesh University
Himachal Pradesh University was established on 22 July 1970 by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Institutes & Centres
- Himachal Pradesh University Business School
- University Institute of Information Technology, Shimla
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Shimla
- Agro-Economic Research Centre, Shimla
- Centre of Environmental Studies
- Population Research Centre (PRC), Shimla
- Pre Examination Coaching Centre
- The Institute of Vocational Studies
- The Institute of Urban Studies & Planning
- Institute of Education Research & Development
- Himachal Pradesh University-Centre for Evening Studies
- The Institute of Integrated Himalayan Studies
- Institute of Tribal Studies & Research
- Centre for Australian and New Zealand Studies
- Centre for Women's Studies and Development
- University College for Business
- International Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning (ICDEOL).