HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 online registration has been started from 09 September & can be done until 30 September 2020. The correction window will open from 01 - 03 October 2020. HPU Master of Science Nursing Entrance Test 2020 is scheduled to be held on 21 October 2020. The exam is organised by Himachal Pradesh University once a year at the state level to offer admission into M.Sc Nursing. Applicants can read the whole article to know other relevant details about HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020.
- The candidates can apply for HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test from 09 - 30 September 2020.
- HPU has announced the dates for the entrance exam.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Important Dates
The candidates can check in the below table important dates for HPU M.Sc entrance exam 2020:
HPU M.Sc Entrance Exam Schedule 2020
|Event||Important Dates |
|Online Application form filling starts||09 September 2020|
|Last date for filling the online application||30 September 2020|
|Correction window open date||01 - 03 October 2020|
|Date of uploading of admit card||10 October 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||21 October 2020|
|Date of displaying the Answer Key||To be Announced|
|Tentative date of declaration of Result||03 November 2020|
|Tentative date of issuance of merit list||10 November 2020|
|Date of 1st Round of Counselling for admission||To be announced|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
|2nd Round of Counselling||To be announced|
|Date of joining & depositing fee / Medical Exam||To be announced|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 application form online on the official website of HPU. Read below a few important points to be kept in mind while applying:
- The form must be submitted online on the university portal only.
- Aspirants must ensure the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Any wrong detail in the form will lead to cancellation of candidature, hence one should fill all the valid details.
- Incomplete form will not be accepted.
- The fee must be deposited via any of the online available modes. Fill the required card details carefully and DO NOT click on REFRESH or BACK BUTTON until the payment is done.
- Once the form is filled it is advised to get the printout of it for all future references.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Application Fee
Check the category wise fee details hereby;
HPU M.Sc Entrance Exam 2020 Registration Fee
|General Category||Rs 2500/-|
| SC/ST Categories||Rs 1250/-|
Fee once paid will not be refunded by the exam conducting body.
Mode of Payment - Online (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking etc.)
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Both Male & Female candidates are eligible to apply for HPU M.Sc entrance test 2020 subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- The candidate should be registered as Registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) B.Sc/Post Basic B.Sc Nursing with any State Nursing Registration council at the time of counselling.
- The candidate should be B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained from the recognized Institutions with not less than 55% aggregate marks.
- Minimum one year of work experience is needed prior to or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and after B.Sc. Nursing from the date of registration at the time of counselling.
Download HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Prospectus Pdf
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination shall have one written paper in the subjects mentioned hereunder as per the syllabi of GNM / B.Sc. Nursing studies. The candidates can check HPU M.Sc Nursing entrance test scheme 2020 underneath:
HPU M.Sc Admission Test Scheme 2020
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Medium of exam ||English |
|Duration ||02 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Type of questions||MCQ (Multiple Objective Questions)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct response will carry + 1 marks & there will be no negative marking|
|Community Health Nursing||20||20|
|Obstetrics & Gynecological Nursing||20||20|
|Child Health Nursing||20||20|
|Mental health Nursing||20||20|
|Anatomy & Physiology||10||10|
|Applied Nursing ||05||05|
|Research & Statistics||05||05|
|Nursing Education & Administration||05||05|
|Pharmacology, Pathology & genetics||05||05|
|Nutrition, Biochemistry & Biophysics||05||05|
|Psychology & Sociology||05||05|
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Admit Card
Himachal Pradesh University will upload the M.Sc entrance test 2020 admit card on the official website. Candidates can check other details about hall ticket in the given points:
- As per the dates announced by the authority, the admit card will be released on 10 October 2020.
- Aspirants will be able to download their hall ticket until the exam date.
- To download the exam call latter candidates will have to use their login credentials i.e. Registration Number & Password.
- No separate Admit cards shall be sent by post by the H.P. University.
- Applicants are advised to keep the hard copy of admit card will care until the admission process.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Answer Key
The University will display HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Answer Key on the official website once the exam will be over. The key will be released on 24 October & can be challenged until 26 October 2020.
- The examinees will be given an opportunity to raise the objection against the key if dissatisfied.
- Applicants will have to submit the documentary proof, if any, in the office of the Assistant Registrar (Secrecy), HP University Shimla (171005) until the last date as specified.
- Thereafter a final key will be published after which no objection will be allowed to raise.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Result / Merit List
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Result will be declared on 03 November & the merit list will be displayed on 10 November 2020. Check all other details below:
- The selection of the candidates for M.Sc. Nursing course will be done based on the merit of the entrance test. The minimum marks required is 50% for General category, 40% for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe categories candidates.
- The result and its category wise merit list will be declared/notified as per schedule on the official website.
- No detail marks cards will be sent to the candidates.
- The qualified candidates will be called for the counselling process.
- There will be no re-checking/re-evaluation of the Answer-Sheet. However, the candidates can obtain the photocopy of OMR Answer-sheet under RTI Act,2005 for which the candidates may send a request to the Public Information Officer-Cum-Assistant Registrar (Teaching) Office of the Dean of Studies, H.P. University, Shimla-5 along with a fee of Rs 100/- via Bank Draft/IPOs to be drawn in Favour of Finance Officer, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla-5.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Tie-Breaking
If two or more candidates obtain equal aggregate marks in M.Sc. Nursing entrance test, then their inter-se merit for admission to the course shall be determined as per the following:
- Based on the marks obtained in the order of Subject-wise Sections of the entrance test i.e:-
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Maternal Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Nursing
- Research & Statistics
- Nursing Education & Administration
- Pharmacology, Pathology & genetics
- Nutrition, Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Psychology & Sociology
- General Knowledge
- Even if, the tie still persists then the candidate older in age shall be given preference.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Counselling
The counselling for HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 will be organised for all qualified candidates to offer a seat.
- The Director of Medical Education & Research Himachal Pradesh has constituted a committee for completing the admission process of M.Sc. Nursing course in Govt./ Private Nursing College through counselling committee as per scheduled.
- No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counselling.
- The candidates will have to carry their original certificates/documents for verification purpose.
- The counselling fee of Rs. 300/- will have to be paid by the candidates at the time of counselling via IPO/Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, H.P.University, Shimla.
- There will be two rounds of counselling.
- In case the candidate is found ineligible during his/her course of counselling, then no seat will be given.
HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Highlights
Candidates can get short details about HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 from the below table:
|Exam name||HPU M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020|
|Conducting body||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|HPU Official website||https://admissions.hpushimla.in/main.aspx|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper mode)|
About Himachal Pradesh University
Himachal Pradesh University was established on 22 July 1970 by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Institutes & Centres
- Himachal Pradesh University Business School
- University Institute of Information Technology, Shimla
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Shimla
- Agro-Economic Research Centre, Shimla
- Centre of Environmental Studies
- International Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning (ICDEOL)
- Institute of Tribal Studies & Research
- Centre for Australian and New Zealand Studies
- Centre for Women's Studies and Development
- University College for Business Studies
- Himachal Pradesh University-Centre for Evening Studies
- The Institute of Integrated Himalayan Studies
- Population Research Centre (PRC), Shimla
- Pre Examination Coaching Centre
- The Institute of Vocational Studies
- The Institute of Urban Studies & Planning
- Institute of Education Research & Development