HSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria are set by the conducting authority Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras). This exam is conducted to enrol the candidates in the Masters Programme in the Department of Humanities and Social Science (HSS). This exam is conducted every year. For further details about the eligibility criteria for HSEE 2020, candidates must go through the below article.
HSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check the eligibility criteria for the exams before appearing. Applicants must go through the whole eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Candidates need to fit in the eligibility criteria before applying for it. If the candidate does not fit in the eligibility criteria then the candidate will not be allowed to give the exam. The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match the HSEE 2020 eligibility criteria.
- Applicants who are NOT citizens of India at the time of registering for HSEE-2019 (by birth or naturalized) are treated as foreign nationals.
Candidates applying for HSEE-2020 must have passed any one of the following qualifying examinations for the first time in 2019 or should be appearing in 2020.
- Final examination of 10+2, conducted by central or state board recognized by the association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or
University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The final examination for two years course of Joint Service Wing of National Defence Academy.
- 10+2 examination conducted by National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country
recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidate appeared in HSC Vocational Examination
- Class 12th skill course of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at
the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidate can have High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 from outside of India or from board not mentioned above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian
Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the class 12th examination.
Percentage of Marks in Qualifying Examination-
- Candidates belonging to General Category and OBC-NCL must secure at least 65% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- In case only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining.
- In case if the candidate does not provide such a certificate, then the authorities decision will be marked as the final decision.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1995 are eligible for HSEE-2020.
- In case of SC, ST, Pwd candidates upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years i.e. candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after October 01,1990 are eligible.
- The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std./12th Std.) first Board/ Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic.
- Candidate must hace a scaneed copy of the certificate along with the complete application form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
Physical Fitness -
- Every qualified candidate have to submit the physical fitness certificate and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will
- Aspirants will only be admitted if they are physically fit for pursuing course of study in the institute.
Important Instructions for HSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here are some important points candidates must go through for the HSEE 2020 eligibility criteria-
- Admission to the program will be cancelled, if the proof of having passed the
qualifying examination, as per the eligibility criteria is not submitted to the Institute latest by September 30, 2020.
- Admission are done only after the verification of facts from the original certificate of the candidates.
- If a candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission, his/her admission will be cancelled.
- The decision of the HSEE-2020 admission committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- A candidate must satisfy all the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for appearing in the exam HSEE-2020.