IISER Admission 2020 Application form has been extended till 16 August 2020. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Aptitutde Test is conducted by IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) at national- level to offer admission to the candidates in five- year dual degree BS-MS (Bachelor of Science - Master of Science) programme. This exam is conducted yearly and the candidates will be offered IISER admission through following mentioned channels only:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
The candidates must go through the complete article to know all about IISER Admission 2020 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card, Result, Counselling etc.
IISER Admission 2020 Latest Updates (Important Changes)
- The last date to apply for IISER Admission 2020 for KVPY/SCB channel has been extended till 16 August 2020.
- IISER 2020 Aptitude Test Date 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak.
IISER Admission 2020 Exam Dates
Given below are some important dates related to IISER Admission 2020 for various channels:
For KVPY Channel
IISER Admission Date For KVPY Channel
|Application form starts||24 April 2020|
|Last date to submit 12th marks & category certificate||22 July 2020 16 Augsut 2020|
|Seat allocation process||17 August 2020|
For JEE Advanced Channel
IISER Admission Date For JEE Advanced Channel
|Application form release||01 June 2020|
|Last date to submit 12th marks & category certificate||10 June 2020 02 September 2020|
|First seat allocation announcement||17 June 2020|
For SCB (Aptitude Test) Channel:
IISER Admission Date For SCB Channel
|Application form release||23 March 2020|
|Submission of application form||22 July 2020 16 August 2020|
|Admit card availability||23 July 2020|
|Last date to submit 12th marks & category certificate||15 August 2020|
|IISER Aptitude exam 2020||12 August 2020|
|Release of answer key||13 August 2020|
|Response Sheet and Representation starts||14 August 2020|
|Response Sheet and Representation Ends||16 August 2020|
|Revised Answer key release||17 August 2020|
|Counselling||19 August 2020|
IISER Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates must ensure that they fill the IISER Admission 2020 Application Form very carefully and submit the same before the last date. The details about IISER Admission form are provided hereby:
- Candidates can submit their applications for the admission online at the official website.
- Application Form for the candidates applying through SCB channel has been started from 23 March 2020
- The last date for filling up the IISER admission form is 16 August 2020.
- The link for Registration Page can be found on the official website of IISER Admission website.
NOTE: Once registered, the same mobile number cannot be used for registering again, and cannot be changed.
IISER Admission Application Fee
The candidates need to submit the following required amount as application fee:
IISER Admission Application Fee
|General, EWS, and OBC-NCL Category||Rs. 2,000/-|
|SC/ST and PwD category||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 100|
Mode of Payment:
The candidates can pay the application fee online through any of the following mentioned modes:
- Net Banking or debit card/credit card issued by all major banks or through the facility
IISER Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Given are the important points related to IISER Admission 2020 Eligibility:
- Candidates must have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020.
- Indian nationals and candidate belonging to PIO (Persons of Indian Origin) or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) category will be eligible to apply if they satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 will be eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), must have category rank within 10000.
Students must have cleared their 10+2 level with science stream in 2019 or 2020 will be eligible to apply for IISER Admission 2020.
- They will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if the candidate has obtained the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Candidate applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
IISER Admission 2020 Admit Card
Applicants will be able to download their IISER Admission test 2020 admit card/Hall Ticket for an SCB channel through online mode.
- The Hall Ticket will be issued for for SCB Channel. No other mode will be entertained to get IISER 2020 Admit Card.
- Without an admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam centre.
- Candidates have to bring a valid admit card along with the filled application form, print copy in the examination hall without which the candidate is not allowed to give the exam.
IISER Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates who will be appearing for the IISER admission test must have an idea of the exam pattern. Given-below the IISER 2020 Exam Pattern based on previous year trends for the same.
IISER 2020 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper Based Test|
|Nature of Questions||Multiple Choice Question|
|Language of the Question||English and Hindi|
|Total Time Allotted||180 minutes|
|Total NUmber of Question||60|
|Total Number of Sections||4|
The question distribution in each section is as follows:
Section-Wise distribution of Marks for IISER 2020
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions|
IISER Admission 2020 Syllabus
Candidate must go through the syllabus to prepare better for the exam. Given below the whole syllabus Indian Institute of Science Education and Research 2020 exam.
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Applications of integrals
- Differential equations
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Linear Programming
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- The motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- The behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electronic devices
- Communication Systems
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reactions
- The s-block Elements
- The p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- The solid-state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogens
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
IISER Admission 2020 Answer Key
IISER 2020 Answer Key shall be released after the exam will be conducted. It will be released on the official website of IISER. This shall be a provisional answer key. The authority will give ab opportunity to those who feel that there is mistake in the IISER 2020 Answer Key, they can raise challenges for the same. For this, they might need to give some proofs as well for the answer which they are challenging.
One important thing which the candidates must ensure is that they submit the challenges well before the last date. After it, no challenges shall be accepted. The expert committee will check all the challenges and then release the final IISER 2020 Answer Key.
IISER Aptitude Test Cutoff
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research released the previous year cutoff marks required for admission for various boards. Also clarify that if the cut off for boards are unavailable, cut-off scores of CBSE board will be applicable. Read about IISER IAT Cutoff Here.
IISER Admission 2020 Result
The result of IISER 2020 will be declared after the final IISER 2020 Answer Key has been released. It will be available online on the official website of IISER.
- The result will be different for all the 3 categories which are through KVPY, through JEE Advanced and SCB channel.
- The eligible candidate will be offered admissions to the college as per the rank obtained by them in the entrance exam or the other way around.
IISER Admission 2020 Preparation Tips
A candidate who has prepared well for major engineering entrance exams such as JEE Advanced and Jee Main will be able to sail through this examination. The given below tips will immensely help the candidate in clearing the doubts about this exam. Read on some important preparation tips for IISER 2020 Exam.
- Practice a lot of questions. This will help you develop the habit of approaching a question.with all the possible solution.
- Make short notes of various topics which are important for the exam.
- Practice from the previous year papers. Doing this will help the candidates to get an idea of what type of questions have been asked in the examination and what they can expect in the upcoming exam.
- Have proper rest and food. It is important so that the mind is fresh and active during the exam day.
List of Institution participating in the entrance exam
The candidates applying through SCB channel will need to appear in IISER Admission Test and hence qualify this exam. Besides this, the candidates will be admitted into 7 IISER branches across India. These 7 IISER are as follows:
- IISER Berhampur
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Tirupati
IISER Admission 2020 Exam Centres
IISER exam is conducted at following exam centres. candidates are advised to choose exam centre as per their convience:
Jammu and Kashmir
Andaman Nicobar Islands
IISER Admission Highlight
Given-below the major points of the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research 2020
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Admission (IISER Admission 2020)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research|
|Exam purpose||to offer admission to the candidates in the five- year dual degree BS-MS (Bachelor of Science - Master of Science) programme.|
Stay connected for more updates about IISER 2020 at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India. These institutions have been declared by an Act of Parliament as Institutes of National Importance, and are intended to be the leading institutes in the country in the field of basic sciences. Seven IISERs have been established across the country, namely IISER Kolkata in West Bengal, IISER Pune in Maharashtra, IISER Mohali in Punjab, IISER Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, IISER Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, IISER Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh and IISER Berhampur in Odisha. IISERs are envisioned to be unique institutes in Basics Sciences