IISER Admission 2021 Eligibility criteria are set by the conducting authority. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research is the conducting body of IISER. This exam offers admission in five- year dual degree BS-MS (Bachelor of Science - Master of Science) programme. Candidate must read the below-given article to know more about IISER Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
IISER Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The detailed information about IISER Admission 2021 Eligibility is provided in this section. The candidates must carefully go through the following article to get the necessary information about the eligibility for IISER Admission 2021. The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match any of the eligibility criteria.
- Those candidates who have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent exam with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions.
- Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through following three channels;
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
Indian nationals and candidates belonging to PIO or OCI category are also eligible to apply if they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
Through KVPY Channel
Applicants who have a valid KVPY fellowship for 2020-21 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Through JEE-Advanced Channel
General category aspirants who have secured a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2020 are also eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
- A candidate who has passed 10+2 with science stream in 2019 or 2020 are eligible to apply for admissions and has to appear for IAT 2020.
- They will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified for their board.
- Applicants applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
Performace required in class 12 for IISER Admission 2021
Given below the following criteria a candidate has to satisfy in class 12 to give IISER Aptitude Test:
- The applicant must have scored within the category-wise cut-off in Class 12 or equivalent Board examination for being eligible to get admission to IISERs.
- For admission to engineering programmes through JEE advanced channel, candidates must have secured 75% marks (GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL) or 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in their Class 12 (or equivalent) exams are also eligible.
- For an applicant who appeared in Class 12 or equivalent Board examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in any subject in 2020, the better of two performances will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2), then only Class 12 marks will be considered.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering the results of all three years of a 3-year diploma or courses of equivalent duration, then only the marks scored in the final year will be considered.
- Similarly, for Boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- In case any of the subjects Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Language are not considered in the final year then the marks for the same subject from the previous year(s) will be considered for calculating the percentage of aggregate marks.