JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria is released by National Testing Authority (NTA) with the official brochure at jeemain.nta.nic.in. NTA releases the eligibility details in the information brochure via online mode. The information brochure contains all the details along with the qualification criteria of the Joint Entrance Examination (Mains) such as age criteria, total attempts, marks required, passing percentage, etc. Joint Entrance Exam is a National level exam conducted twice a year - in January and April. The candidates must know all the information related to eligibility before filling out the application form. Candidates are advised to check whether they are eligible for the JEE main exam or not. For complete details regarding the eligibility of JEE Main 2024, candidates may check the given article.
JEE Main 2024 Complete Details -- Click Here
JEE Main Eligibility Update for 2024 Exam
- Age limit: There is no age limit for JEE Main 2024. However, candidates must have passed or be appearing for the 12th standard examination in 2022, 2023, or 2024.
- Educational qualification: Candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Marks in 12th standard: Candidates must have scored at least 75% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the 12th standard examination.
- Aadhaar card: Candidates must have an Aadhaar card number.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Detailed information about JEE Main Exam 2024 Eligibility is provided in this section. The candidates must carefully go through the article to get the necessary information about JEE Main 2024. The application will be rejected if the candidate does not match the eligibility criteria.
- Age Limit - There is no age limit for JEE Main. The candidates who have passed the Class 12th examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2024 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2024. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the JEE Main eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE) - Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Board Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 or 2021; or those who are appearing or passing Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2024 are eligible for the examination examinations.
- Several subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE) - Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2024. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE 2024, and if such candidates appear in JEE Main 2020 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
- Diploma Holders: The candidates who have done a diploma can also apply for this exam but in IITs only.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts to apply for this exam.
JEE Main 2024 Category Reservations
In the case of institutes run by the Central Government, please check the category-wise seat reservation applicable in the table below:
Reservation of Seats in JEE Main Exam
|General-Economically Weaker Section(GEN-EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes - Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
NTA has not laid any specific or separate JEE Main eligibility criteria for droppers. If a candidate has dropped a year for preparation or other reasons, they need to check the criteria mentioned above. Also, conducting the exam twice a year - the April session and May session will reduce the chances of dropping a year, and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
Provisions for Persons with Disabilities
There are specific provisions formulated by the NTA conducting authority for Persons with Disabilities. These are mentioned below:
- The candidates with a disability should fill in the type and percentages of disability correctly in the online application form for JEE Main 2024.
- Only the visually challenged candidates, who have 40% or more disability, will be provided with a Scribe/Reader at the candidate's request. In no case, the candidates will be allowed to bring their scribe.
- Such a candidate will have to submit the request in writing to the Centre Superintendent for the same at least one week before the examination date.
- The Centre Superintendent will identify the scribe/ reader students who are appearing in class X. In case a request is received from the candidate, he/she would be allowed to meet the scribe a day before the examination to verify the scribe's suitability.
- One hour compensatory (extra) time will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability, irrespective of whether the candidate(s) is/are availing the scribe/reader facility.
JEE Main 2024 Eligibility for Admissions to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
Candidates are requested to go through the below points to know the JEE Main April 2024 Eligibility for admissions into NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs:
- The candidates need to score at least 75% marks (65%- for SC/ST) to get admissions into IITs. NITs, CFTIs, and other institutions through CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board)/JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- The admission will be provided to the candidates based on the All India Rank they have scored in the exam.
- The eligibility criteria were decided by the Council of Architecture for admission to B.Arch. Course other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs: “No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the qualifying examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination”.
- For B. Planning, the candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with 50 % marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
- The benefit of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective Central List published by the Government of India from time to time.
- Other Backward Classes - Non-Creamy Layer (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
JEE Main 2024 List of Qualifying Subjects
Below is the table providing the information on Admission criteria for JEE Mains 2024 list of qualifying subjects required for admissions into engineering and architecture courses:
JEE Main 2024 Qualification Criteria
|B.E/B.Tech||The candidates must have passed their 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology and technical vocational as one of the subjects.|
|B.Arch||Candidates should have Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as core subjects.|
|B.Planning||Candidates must have Mathematics as one of the core subjects.|
What is the state code of eligibility?
State code of eligibility means the code of the State from where the candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) qualifying examination by virtue of which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2024.
- If a candidate has passed Class XII (or equivalent) qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be from where the candidate first passed the Class XII.
- Candidate passed/appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study centre is located.
- For Indian nationals passing the Class XII (or equivalent) examination from Nepal/Bhutan, the State code of eligibility will be determined based on a permanent address in India as given in the passport of the candidate.
- The State code of eligibility of OCI/PIO passing Class XII (or equivalent) examination in India is at par with Indian nationals. However, OCI/PIO passing the Class XII (or equivalent) examination from an institution abroad are eligible for Other State quota seats or All India quota seats (but NOT for Home State quota seats) in all NITs, IIEST and Other-CFTIs
JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must have passed the final examination of Class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination with at least 75% aggregate marks
SC, ST, and PwD) for appearing in JEE Advanced 2024
or being in the top 20 percentile of the successful candidates in their respective Board examinations.
- Those appearing in these examinations in 2024 can also appear in JEE (Advanced)- 2024 provisionally, and these candidates would also have to fulfil the above requirements.
- The IITs have specific eligibility criteria for admission, including an age bar, a limited number of attempts, and year of passing class 12th or equivalent; candidates are advised to refer to the JEE (Advanced) 2024 website for details.
- All the candidates aspiring to take admission to the IITs undergraduate programs for the year 2021 will have to appear in the B. E. /B. Tech. of JEE (Main)-2024.
- Based on the performance in the B. E. /B. Tech. of JEE (Main) 2024, number of top candidates as per the requirement of JEE (Advanced) (including all categories) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2024.
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years irrespective of whether or not he/she passed the Qualifying Examination.
- The candidates, who have attempted JEE (Main) /JEE (Advanced) in 2020 or earlier, are not eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)–2024.
- The candidate who had taken admission in any institute other than IITs in 2020 is eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2024 provided that the candidate satisfies other eligibility criteria.
About JEE Main
Joint Entrance Exam Mains is a national level entrance exam which facilitates the admission of students in UG courses offered by various government and private engineering institutes in India. The exam is conducted by NTA who is also responsible for the releasing the application forms, admit cards, and declaration of results.
Candidates can also check JEE Main 2024 Registration Form.