JEE Main 2020 Application correction facility to edit/change/rectify particulars for the April sessions has been opened by NTA. The deadline for modifying/Changing the JEE application form is to be announced soon. JEE Main 2020 (April Session) exam has been postponned due to COVID-19. Joint Entrance Examination Main is a national level engineering entrance examination. Earlier, this exam was conducted yearly by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). From 2019 onwards it is getting conducted twice a year in January and April. JEE Main is applicable for the admission of the interested candidates into B.E, B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Plan programs in pioneer engineering colleges - 31 NIT, 25 IITs, and 28 GFTIs through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB). Candidates can go through the whole article to know the JEE Main April 2020 registration process or application form filling process.
The JEE Main Rank Calculator has been released by Entrancezone and the interested candidates can calculate the rank now.
Latest News from NTA:
- JEE Main 2020 Exam date for April session is from 18 July 2020 to 23 July 2020.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 Image Correction facility has been started by the authority.
- JEE Main 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The candidates can check the important dates for both January and April sessions about JEE Main 2020 Application Form like registration start and end date, etc. in the table given below:
JEE Main 2020 Application form Dates
|Events||April Session||January Session|
|Availability of Application Form Date||07 February 2020||03 September 2019|
|Last date to submit Application Form||12 March 2020||10 October 2019|
|Last date for payment of a fee||12 March 2020||11 October 2019|
|Application Form correction window open||01 April - 03 May 2020||14 - 20 October 2019|
|JEE Main Exam Date||05,07,08,09 and 11 April 2020 18 - 23 July 2020|| |
NTA has already announced the application correction, exam dates, admit card downloading date, and result declaration date. It will also be releasing the JEE Main counselling in due course of time.
- For the April session, forms were available from 07 February 2020.
- Candidates who have appeared for January 2020 session can apply for the JEE Main April session as well.
JEE Main 2020 Registration
Candidates should go through the below-mentioned points about the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Registration:
- Candidates should check JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria before proceeding for filling the Mains application form.
- The NTA JEE Main 2020 will be held twice in a year through Online (CBT) mode.
- The application forms are available on the official website.
- The candidates have to submit the form online. The application form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case.
- Multiple forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 Application Form can be corrected through online mode only.
- The candidate should provide a valid e-mail Id and mobile number. All communication will be made on this e-mail Id and all the information through SMS will be sent on this number.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 KB–200 KB). Similarly, the signature needs to be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 KB–30 KB).
- Candidate has to login with the Application Number of the January 2020 examination and its created Password.
- The details of the Candidate's Name, Mother's Name, Father's Name, Category, PwD status, Gender, Date of birth, State code of eligibility will come in the drop-down menu, as filled by the candidate during January 2020 examination application form.
- Candidates need to complete the Application Form by filling his/her choice of course(s)(B.Tech./B.E. or B.Arch or B.Planning), question paper medium, and selection of four exam centre cities.
- Take multiple photocopies of your application form for further process.
Important Instructions regarding filling of JEE Main 2020 Application Form
- The final submission of online Application form will remain incomplete if all the steps are not completed. Such form will stand rejected, and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained.
- The entire application process of JEE Main 2020 is online. This includes filling of basic details and educational details, uploading of scanned images( for first-timer candidates), Payment of Fees and Printing of Confirmation page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation page to NTA through Post/Fax/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA‟s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their SMS/e-mails.
- The NTA can make use of the data generated for research and analysis.
Documents required while filling JEE Main Application Form 2020
Candidates would be required to upload a few documents as well as would require few documents to refer to while filling up the online JEE Main 2020 Application Form. Below is the list of documents given for the applicants to refer:
Documents that need to be Uploaded
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Signature
Documents that Applicant need to refer
- Valid ID proof
- Class 12th Certificate
- Class 10th Certificate
- Net Banking Credentials/ Debit Card/ Credit Card for Online Payments
Documents for JEE Main Registration
Candidate's photograph in which his/ her name and date of the photograph must be mentioned beneath the photo in JPG/JPEG format
10 KB to 200KB
3.5cm x 4.5cm
Signature of the candidate in JPG/JPEG format
4KB to 30KB
3.5cm x 1.5cm
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Last Date
Candidates need to be aware that the NTA doesn't provide the facility or any provision of submitting the Late application form with an additional fee or charges. So, it is advised to register and complete the JEE Main 2020 Application Form along with fee payment, within the given timelines mentioned above.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
The given table contains the category-wise details about Joint Entrance Exam Main 2020 Application Fees for April session:
JEE Main Application Fee
|Exam Center in India||Exam Center outside India|
|For Gen/Gen-EWS/OBC-NCL Candidates|
Boys – Rs.650
Girls – Rs.325
Boys – Rs.3000
Girls – Rs.1500
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates|
Boys – Rs.325
Girls – Rs.325
Boys – Rs.1500
Girls – Rs.1500
B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates|
Boys – Rs.1300
Girls – Rs.650
Boys – Rs.6000
Girls – Rs.3000
|For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates|
Boys – Rs.650
Girls – Rs.650
Boys – Rs.3000
Girls – Rs.3000
Candidates present both In India and other countries can apply for the exam.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the application fee through:
- The online mode only via Debit/Credit card/Net Banking/UPI/Paytm Service.
- After successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page.
- In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and the amount will be refunded to the candidate's account.
How to fill the JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
The NTA JEE Main Application Form 2020 will be available through online mode only. The candidates can go through the steps of filling the online JEE Main 2020 Application Form mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. Click on the direct link given on the page with the text "Fill online Application Form" as shown in the image below.
- In the next window, it asks whether the visitor is a new candidate or a Registered candidate. Select the desired option accordingly and proceed further in the process. See the images for the reference.
- Now the candidate will find a new window with the instructions and procedure (including application fee, photo and signature details) for the online submission of application form for JEE Main 2020. Candidates need to check the box for "I have downloaded the Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions." and then click on "Click Here to Proceed" as shown in the image below.
Step 2: Filling up the Registration Form
- In the next window, candidates would be able to fill in all the details, which include:
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Password Creation
- After filling all the details, reviewing them, and finally submitting them, the candidate will get the application number for logging in the application portal for future purposes. Check the image below for the same.
Step 3: Filling the Application Form
- In this step, candidates need to fill in the Personal details, program applying for, education details, and additional details.
Step 4: Uploading images of Photograph and signature
- Upload the images for the photograph and the signature as per the specification is given below. No further facility to correct this would be given in the future.
|Size||10 KB - 200 KB||4 KB - 30 KB|
|Format||.jpg or .jpeg||.jpg or .jpeg|
Step 5: Fee Payment
- Payments can be made through debit/credit card/Net Banking/UPI/Paytm. The candidate needs to follow the instructions on the screen while making the payment. At the end upon successful submission of the fee, the candidate needs to print the confirmation page.
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction Window
After the completion of the Application Form process, JEE Main 2020 Application Correction window is re-open by the National Testing Agency (NTA) so that candidates can make the JEE Main 2020 application form corrections to an allowable extent..
- NTA has re-opened JEE Mains correction window from 01 April 2020 to 03 May 2020.
- The candidates have to log in using their application number and password/date of birth to make the corrections in particulars of the form.
- The candidates have to pay a certain amount for doing the correction in the JEE Main 2020 application form.
Information regarding changes in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Below is the table is given for the changes that are allowed and not allowed during the Application Correction of the JEE online application.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Corrections
|Changes Allowed||Changes Not Allowed|
|Personal Details||Exam centre preference|
|Education Qualification||Email Id|
|Category||State of Eligibility|
|Choice of Paper - Paper 1/Paper 2||ID card details|
How to Register for JEE Main 2020 Test Practice Centres (TPCs)?
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has mandated the NTA to set up, establish and create a network of JEE Main 2020 Tests Practice Centres (TPCs) for candidates, especially in remote and rural areas to enable them to practice and be comfortable in taking a Computer Based Test (CBT). This facility will be completely free of cost. Candidates can register online (on the NTA website) where they will be provided with a convenient TPC near to their location to practice on a given computer mode.
The candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to register themselves for a TCP after submitting the JEE Main 2020 Application form:
- Visit NTA official website for Registration 'as a candidate' for the Test Practice Centre (TPC) and click on the link "Student Registration (For Practice Center) on the right-hand side at the bottom of the page.
- The candidates have to select the login method, either Gmail or Facebook.
- For Gmail login, the candidate must enter the email Id & password.
- After authentication, the candidate has to click on selected Gmail Id.
- After login confirmation, students will be redirected to another page where they have to enter their personal information.
- Candidate needs to enter contact, academic and exam information.
- List of available centre locations sorted based on the Candidate’s current geo-location would be available. In this, candidates have to select four exam centres in the order of their preference.
- Candidate needs to select anyone sessions from the six sessions given.
- Candidate needs to review the centre selection & schedule selection. After reviewing, they need to click on “Confirm Appointment.”
- Candidate can see the centre selection confirmation and will get the approval as SMS on the registered mobile number.
- The candidate will get the confirmation SMS on the registered mobile number. This SMS will be used for entry at the Centre. The SMS will be sent two days in advance along with an e-mail at the registered e-mail Id.