JEE Main 2020 Admit Card releasing date is to be announced soon by NTA. Joint Entrance Exam (Main) is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for engineering and architecture aspirants. The exam date for JEE main 2020 were 05, 07, 08, 09 and 11 April 2020, but now as per HRD Ministry, JEE Main 2020 April Session new exam dates are from 18 July 2020 to 23 July 2020. Candidates can go through the article below and get all information related to JEE Main Admit Card April 2020 of how to download, documents required at the time of examination and also the dates of downloading the Hall Ticket.
Jee Main 2020 Latest Updates
- JEE Main Admit Card 2020 for April session to be held from 18 July to 23 July 2020. The new JEE Main 2020 April admit card release date will be declared soon by NTA.
- JEE Main 2020 exams for the April session is now postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak, earlier it was scheduled for 5,7,8,9,11 April 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Dates
The following dates for downloading the admit card for both the session - January and April are given below in a table:
JEE Main Admit Card Download Dates
|January 2020||06 December 2019|
|April 2020||to be announced soon|
New dates will be announced once released by NTA.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions. The candidates can download the hall ticket after their successful registration through online mode only.
The Candidates are advised to go through following instructions carefully before going for the Examination:
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on the given Date and Shift other than that allotted to him/her in their hall ticket.
- In case candidates are unable to download Hall Ticket from the website, the candidate should approach the Helpline of the authorised body.
- The candidates shall report at the Examination Centre two hours before the commencement of the examination to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time. The registration desk will be closed 60 minutes before the examination.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Center after 8:30 a.m. in the first shift and after 1:30 p.m. in the second shift.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their respected seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
- The candidate should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per his/her opted paper indicated in the Admit Card. In case, the subject of question paper is other than his/her opted paper, the same may be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
Documents need to be carried for NTA JEE Main 2020 examination
Candidates must bring the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. Candidates need to ensure to bring the below-mentioned documents to sit in the examination.
- A printed copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during JEE (Main) Examination.
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Aadhaar Enrolment No/ Ration Card.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category
How to Download JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Online?
Follow the steps to download the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) Admit card from National Testing Agency (NTA) or JEE Main Official Website:
- STEP 1: The candidates need to visit the official website of JEE Main ( jeemain.nic.in).
- STEP 2: On the homepage, candidates will see the "Download JEE Main April 2020 Admit Card" button, click on it.
- STEP 3: A new page will appear and the candidate will see two option on the page to download the admit card:
- Can be downloaded through Application Number and Password
- Through Application Number and Date of Birth
- If the candidate chooses the first option to download, then it can be done using the JEE Main Application Number sent to the candidate during filling of application form through SMS and email, and the Password is generated by the candidate.
- If the candidate chooses the second option to download, then it can be done using the Application Number and Date of Birth of the candidate provided in the application form by the candidate.
- STEP 4: Once the candidates select the option, they will be redirected to a new page. Candidates need to fill the required details such as Application Number, Password, Date of Birth (DOB) and Security Code and then click on "Login" button.
- STEP 5: The Admit card will appear on the dashboard.
- STEP 6: Download and take print of it. The candidates must take an extra print out of their hall ticket for future reference.
Possible Issues in Download of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
There are chances that the candidate faces a problem or issue while downloading the admit card. This may happen due to the various reasons as follows:
- Wrong Credentials - Candidate may be entering his/her wrong credentials - Application number and password. In that case, it is advised to click on the available option of 'forgot password' to retrieve the credentials.
- Rejected Application - NTA may have rejected the application due to eligibility issues or other possible mistakes done by the candidate in the application form while submitting.
Corrections in JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the correction in Hall Ticket. The phone numbers of the help desk will be updates soon on the website of JEE Main. In such cases, candidates can appear in the examination with the already downloaded Hall Ticket. However, NTA will take necessary action to correct in the record later.
Details in JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card contains various details such as candidate's name, exam centre, exam timings. The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Hall Ticket carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination. The IIT JEE Admission Ticket contains the following information:
- Candidate Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Father's Name
- Application Number
- Exam Medium
- Course Name
- Reporting Time
- Date of Exam
- Test centre number
- Exam centre address
- Candidate photograph and signature
Exam Schedule for JEE Main 2020
Candidates can check the schedule of JEE Main examination from the table below. In the below table, candidates can check the sequence and timings of various activities on the examination day:
|Activities||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Timing of Examination for B.E./B.Tech||09.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.||02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Arch||09.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.||02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Planning||-||02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|Timing of Examination for B.Arch & B.Planning (both)||-||02.30 p.m. to 05.30 p.m.|
|Entry in the Examination Centre/Hall/Room, cross verification of admit card and document verification||07.30 a.m. – Upto 09.00 a.m.||01.00 p.m. – Upto 02.00 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||09.00 a.m. to 09.20 a.m.||02.00 p.m. to 02.20 p.m.|
|Candidates log in to read instructions||09.20 a.m.||02.20 p.m.|
|Test Commences||09.30 a.m.||02.30 p.m.|
Along with the exam schedule, candidates should also know the JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
so that they can plan their strategy for preparation accordingly.
Important Instructions for Computer Based Test (CBT)
Read the instructions given below for the candidates who would be sitting to appear in the examination:
- A sample/mock test will be available on JEE (Main) 2020 website for practice purpose and to give the candidate look and feel of the Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The important instructions to be followed for Computer Based Test (CBT) will be available on JEE (Main) 2020.
- All calculations/writing work is to be done only in the rough sheet provided at the centre in the Examination Room/Hall and on completion of the test candidates must hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall.
- During the examination time, the invigilator will check Hall Ticket of the candidate to satisfy himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
- The candidates are governed by all Rules and Regulations of the NTA about their conduct in the Examination Hall. All cases of unfair means will be dealt with as per rules.
- The candidates must sign and paste the photograph on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place.