JEMAT 2020 application form last date to apply online is extended till 30 June 2020. Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test 2020 will be conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUTWB), West Bengal. This University was formerly known as the West Bengal University of Technology. The exam is conducted once every year at the State Level in the offline pen-paper mode for providing admission to the candidates in MBA/MHA/AICTE approved PG Diploma programs offered by the Management Institutions of the State (both government and private). Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test is conducted by the West Bengal University of Technology on behalf of the State Government as per the guidelines framed by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education ). Candidates have to apply online for JEMAT 2020, who fulfil eligibility criteria. Also, candidates are provided admission based on any national level test (MAT/XAT/CAT/CMAT) or any state-level test(JEMAT). The candidates must go through the complete article to know all about JEMAT 2020 entrance exam.
- Last to Apply online for JEMAT 2020 is 30 June 2020.
JEMAT 2020 Important Dates
Candidate can check here all the important JEMAT 2020 dates for the application form in the given table below:
|Online Application Start date||15 April 2020|
|Online Application Submission Last date||30 June 2020|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City||will be announced soon|
|Availability of admit card online||Before one week of exam|
|Date of written exam||Postponed|
|Declaration of the result of the written exam||will be announced soon|
JEMAT 2020 Application Form
The application process for JEMAT 2020 will start on 15 April 2020 in partially online and partially offline mode. Candidate need to fill JEMAT 2020 Application Form and pay the registration fee by online methods. After that, the candidate has to send the hard copy of application form with other documents to the university. The whole Application form submission process consists of four steps given below:
- First of all, Candidate has to fill the application form online by providing the personal, contact and education details.
- Further, Candidate need to upload the photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Then, the Applicant has to pay the application fee according to your category.
- In the last, send the application form to the address given below.
The Controller of Examinations
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
Pin - 741249
Documents to Send
Candidate has to submit the following documents along with the copy of their registration form to the University admission council.
- Application Form
- Payment Proof
- Qualification Certificates
- Reservation Certificates(if applicable)
- Sponsorship Certificate(if applicable)
JEMAT 2020 Application Fee
After filling all the details in the JEMAT 2020 Application Form, Candidate has to pay the JEMAT 2020 Application fee as per their category. Applicants may refer to the following table for their Application Fee:
JEMAT 2020 Registration Fee
|General / OBC Category||Rs. 600|
|SC / ST/ PwD Category Candidates||Rs. 300|
Mode of Payment: Candidate can pay the JEMAT 2020 application by Online Mode only. Candidate can opt any of the following methods:
- Internet banking
- Debit Card (Visa or Master)
- Credit Card (Visa or Master)
JEMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must check the eligibility criteria to ensure that whether they are eligible for the exam or not. Candidate must check the JEMAT 2020 eligibility criteria to verify if they are qualified to appear for MBA/ MHA/ AICTE approved PG programme.
- A candidate must have a bachelor degree in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture, Dental etc.
- Final year PG and UG candidates can also apply for the exam.
- An applicant can also apply by his/her CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT valid scorecard (if applicable).
- Only Indian Citizens can apply for JEMAT 2020.
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree from any recognized University.
- Candidates who have completed their degrees through any distance education programme are not eligible
- Final year graduation candidates can also apply for JEMAT. However, the final year graduates have to provide the final year mark sheet by September 2020.
- Conducting authority has announced that there is no age limit to appear for the JEMAT exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no fixed limit for the number of times a candidate appears for the exam.
JEMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The JEMAT 2020 is an offline pen and paper-based test. Candidate can get an OMR sheet to fulfil the appropriate answers. Applicants must check the following exam pattern before starting his/her preparation.
Mode of Examination – Offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based test.
Duration of Examination – 120 Minutes or 2 Hours.
Number of Questions – Total 100 questions.
Marking Scheme – One mark for each correct answer.
Negative Marking – 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
JEMAT 2020 Paper Pattern
|Section||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEMAT 2020 Syllabus
The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology has not set any specified syllabus for JEMAT 2020, but previous year paper seems to be similar with other management entrance tests.
- Some of the most important topics from which questions appear in the exam are as follows:
|Reading comprehension passages - poems and passages.||Algebra||Coding & decoding|
|Synonyms||Arithmetic||Find the odd one out|
|Usage of correct grammar||Geometry||Identifying weak arguments and strong arguments|
|Meaning of different words||Statistics||Identifying the next number in a series|
|Sentence structure||Modern Mathematics||Syllogism|
JEMAT 2020 Result
Candidate can check their JEMAT 2020 result on the official website of the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University Of Technology, West Bengal. For result appeared candidates may refer to the following points:
- JEMAT 2020 Result is supposed to be declared in the third week of August 2020.
- JEMAT Result will declare as a scorecard. Candidates can check the following steps to check JEMAT 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “JEMAT 2020 Results” tab.
- Candidate has to enter their Application Number and Password which they get while registration.
- Registered candidates can view and download “JEMAT 2020 Score Card”.
- At last, candidates have to take a printout of “JEMAT 2020 Score Card” for future reference.
JEMAT scorecard contains the following information on it:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Date of the Exam
- Sectional Score
- Overall Score
- Minimum cut off marks
- Exam qualifying status
JEMAT 2020 Counselling
After the JEMAT Result declaration, Qualified candidates can attend the counselling for which the details are given below:
- Selected candidates have to apply individually for JEMAT 2020 counselling process for each college of their interest.
- Those candidates have to appear for GD/PI of each college separately.
- Candidate have to pay a separate registration fee has to be paid for each college.
Candidates who score more or equal to JEMAT 2020 will be called for the counselling process. They must produce the following documents at the time of reporting for JEMAT 2020 Counselling: -
- JEMAT 2020 Admit Card
- JEMAT 2020 Score Card
- 10th Mark sheet (For Date of Birth verification)
- 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet (provisional mark sheet in case candidates have appeared for qualifying examination that year)
- Call letter
- Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft Details (photocopy of Demand Draft)
JEMAT 2020 Selection Process
The candidates will be selected for offered courses based on the following process:
- The selection process usually involves group discussion round after a personal interview of selected candidates.
- Colleges accepting JEMAT 2020 mark will conduct their own selection processes. GD-PI involves the following steps:
- Group Discussion: Basically the ability of a candidate to apply logic and reasons are checked in this GD round. All the decisions and management skills of a candidate are highlighted in this round.
- Personal Interview: This is the most important step included in the Selection Process. Overall personality and confidence of the candidate will be judged. Candidates must answer confidently to the questions related to their own academic area and work experience.
JEMAT 2020 Highlights
The highlights of Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test 2020 are as follows:
JEMAT Basic Information
Name of the Exam
Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test 2020
PG Diploma programmes
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
Formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology
JEMAT Official Website
MBA and PG Diploma in Management
Mode of exam
About Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MA KA UT), formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) is a public state university established in 2001 in Kolkata. MA KA UT provide degrees in Engineering, Management & other professional areas through affiliated institutions and in-house departments. In 2019, new certification and diploma courses on Archaeology were launched. The university is recognised by the UGC & has been awarded B++ with CGPA of 2.87 by the NAAC. The university has eight departments in four schools.