JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling will start from 22 July 2020 for MD/MS. JIPMER PG stands for Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduation Entrance exam. It is a national level entrance exam conducted by Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER) to offer Admission in Postgraduation courses in MD(Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery) and speciality programmes in DM(Doctorate of medicine) & MCH in a wide range of specializations. The examination is conducted in two sessions - January and July. To find out more about JIPMER PG 2020, read the article given below which consists of topics like Important dates, Application form, Eligibility criteria, Admit card, Exam pattern, etc.
- JIPMER PG 2020 Result had been released on the official website.
- The first round of counselling for admission in MD/MS programme will start from 22 July 2020.
JIPMER PG 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the complete schedule for the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020 from the table below.
|Events||MD / MS Jul 2020 Session|
|Online application form available from||04 March 2020|
|Last date to apply for JIPMER Entrance Exam|09 Apr 23 Apr 18 May 2020
|Re-selecting of exam centre||23 – 28 May 2020|
|Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER|05 Jun 2020 06 Jun 2020
|JIPMER Entrance Exam date|16 May 21 Jun 2020
|Expected date of publication of Merit|
by 26 May 2020 27 Jun 2020
|Rank letter issuance||To be announced|
|1st Counseling|11 Jun 2020
MDS – 9 Jul 2020
MD/MS – 22 Jul 2020
|2nd Counseling||To be announced|
|3rd Counselling||To be announced|
|Final Counselling||To be announced|
|Admission formalities|29 Jun 2020
|Issue of Admission Letter and|
Letter for Hostel accommodation
30 Jun 2020
|Commencement of Course|01 Jul 2020
|Date of Closing admission|31 Aug 2020
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
The candidates are advised to go through the prospectus before starting registration of JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020 and ensure not to miss any important information. Candidates must check following details for JIPMER 2020 Application form:
- The application form/examination form for JIPMER PG July 2020 session has released on 04 March 2020.
- JIPMER PG 2020 application form can be applied through online mode only.
- Any other mode of JIPMER PG 2020 registration will not be entertained and the application will be rejected.
- Candidates had to log in to the official website and click on the link " Apply on-line MD/MS admission-January 2020 session".
- While filling the application form, candidates had to provide valid/working email id & mobile number as all details will be sent to it.
- Candidates should keep all the required documents ready beforehand to fill the details correctly while JIPMER PG 2020 registration.
- The incomplete or incorrect application form was not entertained by the authority.
- Re-check & verification of the details as required before submission as no change or edit facility was available after the last date of the application process.
- Multiple prints of the JIPMER PG application form for required for further use.
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Fee
Check the examination fee details below in the given points:
- JIPMER PG Application fee was to be submitted through Online mode only.
- Candidates were able to pay the fee via Credit card/Debit card or Net Banking.
- Transaction charges (as applicable) were charged along with the application fees.
- PwD category candidates were exempted from paying the fee.
Note: No refund of application fees was allowed under any circumstances.
The fee according to the different category is given below in the table:
JIPMER PG 2020 Registration Fee
General (UR)/OBC/OCI/ EWS/Sponsored*
OPH / PwD
Exempted From Application Fees
*UR- Unreserved, OCI- Overseas Citizen of India, EWS- Economically Weaker Sections, OBC- Other Backward classes, SC/ST- Schedule Caste/ Tribe, PwD -Persons with Disability.
How to Login for JIPMER PG 2020?
Candidates need to login on the JIPMER login portal to check the details like application form, admit card, result, etc.
STEPS TO LOGIN:
- STEP 1- Visit the JIPMER official website.
- STEP 2- Candidates need to log in using their application number and password.
- STEP 3- Click on the ‘sign in’ button to submit the login details after which your dashboard will appear on the screen.
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
MD/MS courses: The candidates must fulfil the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for JIPMER PG 2020.
- Nationality: Indian National, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and NRI candidates are eligible to apply for the specific JIPMER PG 2020.
- Qualification: Candidates should possess MBBS or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks & for reserved categories (ST/SC) – 50% marks should be obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Internship: Candidate should have completed a 1-year internship/ practical training before 31 December 2019.
DM/M.CH Course: The candidates must check the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for JIPMER 2020 DM/MCH course.
- Nationality: Indian National (IN) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to apply for DM/MCH course.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess M.D. / DNB or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates have to check the below-given table for JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
before starting their preparation and understand the nature of the examination. Information regarding the subject, duration, medium, marking and more details are mentioned below:
JIPMER PG 2020 Question Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Date & Time (MS/MD)||16 May 2020|
MS/MD - 03 hours (180 minutes)
DM/MCH -1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)
|Medium||English language |
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Distribution Of Questions||Basic Clinical Science- 100 Questions|
Clinical Science - 150 Questions
- Each correct answer will get 4 marks
- Each wrong answer will get 1 mark.
- No marks for unattempted questions
|Total Number of Questions|
- MD/ MS- 250 Questions
- DM/MCH - 100 Questions
Section-wise distribution of questions and marks for MS/MD and DM/MCH courses is given in the tables below:
Marks Distribution of JIPMER PG( MS/MD course)
Number of Questions
Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics
JIPMER PG 2020 Syllabus
Candidates applying for JIPMER PG must check the syllabus of the exam as given below:
Basic Clinical Sciences
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
JIPMER PG 2020 Preparation Tips
JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020 is one of the hardest exams in the country to crack. The candidate needs to put in extra efforts to get selected. Some tips and tricks that candidates may follow to perform well in this exam are given below:
- The difficulty level of the exam is quite high so a smart plan and study routine regularly is required to score well in the examination.
- Start on clearing the basic concepts first. It will help in understanding the advance topics easily.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get more familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus also. Sample papers are also available on the website of JIPMER.
- Choose quality books written by good writers.
- Identify the topics to get through with the syllabus and focus on those topics first which are tough to crack.
- Time management is key. Build an answering speed by solving sample papers again and again to manage the exam stress.
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
was available to the candidates whose application form is complete and which satisfied the given eligibility criteria for courses mentioned.
- The admit card for the exam will release online from the official website on 06 June 2020.
- Candidates can download the hall ticket till the exam date.
- The admit card consisted of relevant details like Name and Date of Birth.
- It also had the detail of the exam city allotted and roll number.
- The candidates must carry their admit card along with photo ID proof in original and photocopy of the same at the time of the exam.
- The admit card hall ticket should be kept safe till the admission process gets over.
- In case of discrepancy in the Jipmer PG admit card, get in touch with the officials immediately and get it rectified.
JIPMER PG 2020 Result
The JIPMER PG 2020 scorecard will be declared before 26 May 2020.
The candidates were able to check their result online via the official website. The JIPMER PG 2020 result
will be announced in the form of a PDF file format containing a name, Date of Birth, roll no. , correct response, incorrect response, total marks, percentile scores etc. The rank cards will be available to the successful candidates through the official website itself. Separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories.
Method of resolving ties in JIPMER PG 2020
In case of a tie of two candidates, the score will be calculated based on the tie-breaker strategy. The following is the order of methods to resolve to tie in JIPMER 2020 for MD/MS and DM/M.CH courses separately.
Tie-breaker for MD/MS
- The one who has Less Negative Marks.
- Seniority by age.
- A candidate who scored High Aggregate Marks.
Tie-breaker for DM/MCH
- The one who has Less Negative Marks.
- Seniority by age.
Note: Re-evaluation or re-checking of the examination will not be entertained under any circumstances.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
All the shortlisted candidates are supposed to check the official website of the institute and check for the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020 counselling date if selected. They need to login by entering their basic information. All the selected candidates must carry their original mark sheets and certificates while appearing for the counselling process for the verification. Please read all the instructions before appearing and carry all the required documents, otherwise, admission can get cancelled and the seat can be allotted to another candidate. The process of first counselling shall be starting from 11 June 2020.
Process of Counseling
Below are the steps to the counselling process the qualified candidates have to follow to attain a seat in the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020.
- Biometric fingerprint verification
- Image/ Photo verification
- Certificate Verification ( Original Certificates/ Bonafide Certificates)
- Candidates can opt for the discipline or opt-out.
- If the candidate chooses to proceed he/she has to submit the original certificates and do the payments of admission fees.
- In the case of the candidate opt-out, he/she is eligible for next counselling.
Documents required on JIPMER PG Counselling 2020
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List)
- Rank letter
- MBBS Mark Statement
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Centres
All the candidates' had to choose three JIPMER PG exam centres according to the preference of the cities. However, the final call is decided by the examination authorities of the institute. If the seat is not available on the candidate's particular choice, they will be provided by the nearby choices. NO request for change of JIPMER PF exam centre would be considered under any circumstances by the candidate. The following 10 cities are proposed tentatively as the exam centres for JIPMER PG 2020 :
JIPMER PG Exam Centres
JIPMER PG 2020 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the JIPMER PG exam:
Name of the Examination
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate and Medical Education and Research Postgraduate
Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER)
Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) and DM and MCH.
|JIPMER Official website||http://www.jipmer.edu.in/|
Mode of the Examination
Online (Computer Based Test)
For the admission into Post graduation and Speciality courses.
Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) is an Indian Government Institute since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195-acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 km. by road from Chennai.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14 July 2008 to enforce this Act. Before this, the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.