JIPMER PG 2021 Exam date for 6 year course (INI CET) is 22 July 2021. The exam is organized by AIIMS, New Delhi. JIPMER PG 2021 exam has been replaced by INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test) for MD/ MD 6 years courses. JIPMER PG 2021 or Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduation Entrance exam to offer Admission in Postgraduation courses in MD(Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery) and speciality programmes in DM(Doctorate of medicine) & MCH in a wide range of specializations. The examination is conducted in two sessions - January and July. To find out more about JIPMER PG 2021, read the article given below which consists of topics like Important dates, Application form, Eligibility criteria, Admit card, Exam pattern, etc.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Status
Candidates can check JIPMER PG status from below:
Exam has been postponed. New date will be out soon.
JIPMER PG 2021 Important Dates
Here, candidates can check the complete schedule JIPMER PG 2021 (INI-CET) July & January session.
|For MD/MS||For DM/ M.Ch/ Fellowship|
|Starting of online application form||01 March 2021||To be Announced|
|Last date of submission of the application||31 March 2021||To be Announced|
|Releasing of admit card||15 July 2021||To be Announced|
|Exam Date||22 July 2021||To be Announced|
|Releasing of merit list||26 July 2021||To be Announced|
|Starting of counseling||To be Announced||To be Announced|
|Issue of admission letter||To be Announced||To be Announced|
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
was available to the candidates whose application form is complete and which satisfied the given eligibility criteria for courses mentioned.
- The admit card for the exam will release online on the official website separately for both sessions.
- Candidates can download the hall ticket till the exam date.
- The admit card consisted of relevant details like Name and Date of Birth.
- It also had the detail of the exam city allotted and roll number.
- The candidates must carry their admit card along with photo ID proof in original and photocopy of the same at the time of the exam.
- The admit card hall ticket should be kept safe till the admission process gets over.
- In case of discrepancy in the Jipmer PG admit card, get in touch with the officials immediately and get it rectified.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates have to check the below-given table for JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
before starting their preparation and understand the nature of the examination. Information regarding the subject, duration, medium, marking and more details are mentioned below:
JIPMER PG 2021 Question Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
MS/MD - 03 hours (180 minutes)
DM/MCH -1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)
|Medium||English language |
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Distribution Of Questions||Basic Clinical Science- 100 Questions|
Clinical Science - 150 Questions
- Each correct answer will get 4 marks
- Each wrong answer will get 1 mark.
- No marks for unattempted questions
|Total Number of Questions|
- MD/ MS- 250 Questions
- DM/MCH - 100 Questions
Section-wise distribution of questions and marks for MS/MD and DM/MCH courses is given in the tables below:
Marks Distribution of JIPMER PG( MS/MD course)
Number of Questions
Basic Clinical Sciences and Biostatistics
JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
Candidates applying for JIPMER PG must check the syllabus of the exam as given below:
Basic Clinical Sciences
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
JIPMER PG 2021 Preparation Tips
JIPMER PG entrance exam 2021 is one of the hardest exams in the country to crack. The candidate needs to put in extra efforts to get selected. Some tips and tricks that candidates may follow to perform well in this exam are given below:
- The difficulty level of the exam is quite high so a smart plan and study routine regularly is required to score well in the examination.
- Start on clearing the basic concepts first. It will help in understanding the advance topics easily.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get more familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus also. Sample papers are also available on the website of JIPMER.
- Choose quality books written by good writers.
- Identify the topics to get through with the syllabus and focus on those topics first which are tough to crack.
- Time management is key. Build an answering speed by solving sample papers again and again to manage the exam stress.
JIPMER PG 2021 Result
The JIPMER PG 2021 scorecard will be declared after the exam will be over The candidates were able to check their result online via the official website. The JIPMER PG 2021 result
will be announced in the form of a PDF file format containing a name, Date of Birth, roll no. , correct response, incorrect response, total marks, percentile scores etc. The rank cards will be available to the successful candidates through the official website itself. A separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories.
Method of resolving ties in JIPMER PG 2021
In case of a tie of two candidates, the score will be calculated based on the tie-breaker strategy. The following is the order of methods to resolve to tie in JIPMER 2021 for MD/MS and DM/M.CH courses separately.
Tie-breaker for MD/MS
- The one who has Less Negative Marks.
- Seniority by age.
- A candidate who scored High Aggregate Marks.
Tie-breaker for DM/MCH
- The one who has Less Negative Marks.
- Seniority by age.
Note: Re-evaluation or re-checking of the examination will not be entertained under any circumstances.
JIPMER PG 2021 Entrance Exam Cut off Marks
The candidates have to score a minimum percentile of marks to qualify JIPMER PG 2021 entrance exam.
|UR / INST / EWS / OCI / FN / Sponsored||50|
|UR / EWS-OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC-OPH||40|
The candidates who score below the cutoff percentile will not be eligible for counselling or the admission process.
JIPMER PG 2021 Counselling
All the shortlisted candidates are supposed to check the official website of the institute and check for the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2021 counselling date if selected. They need to login by entering their basic information. All the selected candidates must carry their original mark sheets and certificates while appearing for the counselling process for verification. Please read all the instructions before appearing and carry all the required documents, otherwise, admission can get cancelled and the seat can be allotted to another candidate.
Process of Counseling
Below are the steps to the counselling process the qualified candidates have to follow to attain a seat in the JIPMER PG entrance exam 2021.
- Biometric fingerprint verification
- Image/ Photo verification
- Certificate Verification ( Original Certificates/ Bonafide Certificates)
- Candidates can opt for the discipline or opt-out.
- If the candidate chooses to proceed he/she has to submit the original certificates and do the payments of admission fees.
- In the case of the candidate opt-out, he/she is eligible for the next counselling.
Documents required on JIPMER PG Counselling 2021
- Original Hall Ticket with the seal of the Invigilator
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC Mark List)
- Rank letter
- MBBS Mark Statement
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.
JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form
The candidates are advised to go through the prospectus before starting registration for the JIPMER PG entrance exam and ensure not to miss any important information. Candidates must check the following details for JIPMER 2021 Application form:
- The application form/examination form for JIPMER PG 2021 for both sessions will be released online on the official website.
- Any other mode of registration will not be entertained and the application will be rejected.
- Candidates had to log in to the official website and click on the link " Apply on-line MD/MS admission-January 2021 session".
- While filling the application form, candidates had to provide a valid/working email id & mobile number as all details will be sent to it.
- Candidates should keep all the required documents ready beforehand to fill the details correctly while JIPMER PG 2021 registration.
- The incomplete or incorrect application form was not entertained by the authority.
- Re-check & verification the details as required before submission as no change or edit facility was available after the last date of the application process.
- Multiple prints of the JIPMER PG application form for required for further use.
JIPMER PG 2021 Application Fee
Check the examination fee details below in the given points:
- JIPMER PG Application fee was to be submitted through Online mode only.
- Candidates were able to pay the fee via Credit card/Debit card or Net Banking.
- Transaction charges (as applicable) were charged along with the application fees.
- PwD category candidates were exempted from paying the fee.
Note: No refund of application fees was allowed under any circumstances.
The fee according to the different category is given below in the table:
JIPMER PG 2021 Registration Fee
General (UR)/OBC/OCI/ EWS/Sponsored*
OPH / PwD
Exempted From Application Fees
*UR- Unreserved, OCI- Overseas Citizen of India, EWS- Economically Weaker Sections, OBC- Other Backward classes, SC/ST- Schedule Caste/ Tribe, PwD -Persons with Disability.
How to Login for JIPMER PG 2021?
Candidates need to login to the JIPMER login portal to check the details like application form, admit card, result, etc.
STEPS TO LOGIN:
- STEP 1- Visit the JIPMER official website.
- STEP 2- Candidates need to log in using their application number and password.
- STEP 3- Click on the ‘sign in’ button to submit the login details after which your dashboard will appear on the screen.
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
MD/MS courses: The candidates must fulfil the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for JIPMER PG 2021.
- Nationality: Indian National, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and NRI candidates are eligible to apply for the specific JIPMER PG 2020.
- Qualification: Candidates should possess MBBS or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks & for reserved categories (ST/SC) – 50% marks should be obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Internship: Candidate should have completed a 1-year internship/ practical training before 31 December 2019.
DM/M.CH Course: The candidates must check the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for JIPMER 2020 DM/MCH course.
- Nationality: Indian National (IN) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible to apply for DM/MCH course.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess an M.D. / DNB or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates should be registered with the Central /State Medical Registration Council.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Centres
All the candidates' had to choose three JIPMER PG exam centres according to the preference of the cities. However, the final call is decided by the examination authorities of the institute. If the seat is not available on the candidate's particular choice, they will be provided by the nearby choices. NO request for change of JIPMER PF exam centre would be considered under any circumstances by the candidate. The following 10 cities are proposed tentatively as the exam centres for JIPMER PG 2021 :
JIPMER PG Exam Centres
JIPMER PG 2021 Highlights
Below given are the main or vital points of the JIPMER PG exam:
Name of the Examination
Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate and Medical Education and Research Postgraduate
Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research(JIPMER)
Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD) and DM and MCH.
|JIPMER Official website||http://www.jipmer.edu.in/|
Mode of the Examination
Online (Computer Based Test)
For admission into Post graduation and Speciality courses.
Jawahar Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) is an Indian Government Institute since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195-acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 km. by road from Chennai.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament, JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14 July 2008 to enforce this Act. Before this, the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.